Anton Rosen

Steen Jensen

Mathieu Tresarrieu

Anders Thomsen

Linus Eklof

Jozsef Tabaka

Steve Boxall

Rasmus Jensen

Plenty of names, but not many that stand out. Anders Thomsen would be one, but I know he's already doing quite a few leagues.

I'd for Compton or Rosen.

my choice would be victor palovarra on a 5.28 average . i know its going to be under the 42.50 limit , but if victor improves his average a wee bit ,as do the rest. come mid may we may still be able to fit ty in and hopefully he can improve . i know its a gamble.

the other option is andre compton who could do a good job , but there is an element of doubt on his away meetings. victor has proved he can do it when he guested for us @ edinburgh and is looking for a pl place .

anton rosen is another as you say marksman, but a bit low on confidence at the moment . .

ty proctor vanishes from the worky team line up. enter andre palovaara .

Edited by jenga

I wouldn't go back to Andre ... last time he was with us he was inconsistent and poor ... yes occasional big home scores and yes the occasional superb race ... but more often than not he never showed up. He reduced his average and went back to Sheffield ... he'll do the same again. I watched him away on numerous occasions the worst was as our Captain and number 5 (PLRC winner etc etc) tootling around behind Rye House make shift Nat League reserves. He has no loyalty to us and will use us to get what he wants elsewhere .... so not for me.

Rosen perhaps .... point to prove etc but never Andre

I wouldn't go back to Andre ... last time he was with us he was inconsistent and poor ... yes occasional big home scores and yes the occasional superb race ... but more often than not he never showed up. He reduced his average and went back to Sheffield ... he'll do the same again. I watched him away on numerous occasions the worst was as our Captain and number 5 (PLRC winner etc etc) tootling around behind Rye House make shift Nat League reserves. He has no loyalty to us and will use us to get what he wants elsewhere .... so not for me.

i think that is what proctor is trying to do with us, useing us as a cheap stepping stone for HIS own benefit . .

so looks like paalovaaaaraaa . maybe !!!!

Edited by jenga

What speedway rider does have loyalty nowadays? not many around

What speedway rider does have loyalty nowadays? not many around

It often comes down to figures, as to whether a rider remains with a club, or not, so it's so often hard to judge if a rider is loyal, or not, as it's taken out of his hands.

It often comes down to figures, as to whether a rider remains with a club, or not, so it's so often hard to judge if a rider is loyal, or not, as it's taken out of his hands.

Not a lot of loyalty in Speedway, don't blame the riders short career run by bandits

Not a lot of loyalty in Speedway, don't blame the riders short career run by bandits

Whats loyalty got to do with anything in the speedway world. They are self employed riders plying their trade to earn a living, if they can earn a better living by moving teams, then so be it. It is up to the employer to either step up to the plate, or seek other riders who will ride at their rates of pay

• Like 2

Damn Compton and him dropping his average before retiring just to engineer a short spell at Glasgow prior to re-signing for Sheffield a whole three years later.

If Workington still intend bringing back Proctor in May, once he gets his visa, they will need to be wary of signing a rider who will use them for a bit of average fiddling, though its not as easy as it once was thanks to these rolling averages. Maybe they would be better forgetting about Proctor and just sign a rider for the season.

• Like 1

If Workington still intend bringing back Proctor in May, once he gets his visa, they will need to be wary of signing a rider who will use them for a bit of average fiddling, though its not as easy as it once was thanks to these rolling averages. Maybe they would be better forgetting about Proctor and just sign a rider for the season.

I don't think that the average of one rider would make much difference, but the averages of the 6 riders (not inc. the number 7) added together might.

• Like 1

its a bit nip and tuck fitting mr proctor back inti the 1/7 in may .all it takes is adam,kenneth or even matt w to hit some form and its goodnight ty .

I don't know if it fits but can I recommend Tobiasz Musielak who averaged 4.79 for Wolverhampton last season and while he struggled at home, he was excellent away and the Workington track would suit him fine.

If he fits, he would be a great signing and when Proctor comes back it could be someone else to move out as I am confident he would be a great rider in the Premier League.

I don't know if it fits but can I recommend Tobiasz Musielak who averaged 4.79 for Wolverhampton last season and while he struggled at home, he was excellent away and the Workington track would suit him fine.

If he fits, he would be a great signing and when Proctor comes back it could be someone else to move out as I am confident he would be a great rider in the Premier League.

Premier League clubs can't sign Polish riders, unless they are on an ACU license.