British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2016

Great news to have an out n out number 1 finaly..sad to see MPT go..I liked him..an entertainer...I'm sure he'll get fixed up elsewhere if he isnt already..I wonder if the lad Stokes will get replaced once the new averages come out or of he's in for good?.be nice if he comes in and does well to give Ged another headache!... I take it Ged is staying now!?

Edited by Lukas

Perhaps this is a sign that the B S P A are now going to listen to the paying public, or am I being overly optimistic, welcome Craig and Tom,farewell MPT and Niklas,thanks for your efforts.

The BSPA should stick to the rule book - the paying public tend to want "special dispensation" when it suits their team and "rules are rules" when it benefits opponents.

A team needs a regular race night. I'd accept a few BH Monday meetings, but supporters will soon get fed up with meetings on different days.

Good to see Cook back in the PL.

I don't for one. :lol: Peterborough ride more Sunday meetings than Friday's so it's daft having Friday as their main race night, especially when it stopped Cook from signing for them originally. Glad common sense has prevailed because Panthers need a good number one, as was proved when Kenneth Hansen rode for them on Sunday. What looked on paper to be a convincing win for Sheffield turned out much differently.

I rather think Sunday afternoons have been generally better attended so far than Friday evenings, Sunday's are certainly more family friendly and generally offer the travelling fans time to get home at a reasonable hour.

Now the weather has improved attendances should improve and no problem with double uppers either, the only practical negative is if it's really hot it's difficult to keep the track in good condition and properly damp but our track team did a great job last week.

Agree. I can't get to Peterborough on Friday night's because I'm at Coventry but I'm not sure I would regularly want to do that journey anyway as I have to get from one side of Leicester to the other to pick up the A47. Sunday suits me fine as there is not much traffic and I can also get home at a reasonable time.

• Like 3

The switch does highlight another issue with redeclarations. Boro are timing this before Perry obtains his new average (due to rise from 3 to 5.58 as from 15/5) Before they even ride as a1-7 the team total could actually be above 44.

Totally within the rules as they stand but not right IMO. I think on redeclaration the whole of the proposed 1-7 should have their averages updated to the current position.

And before I'm accused of having a go at the pussycats (I know I have history for that! wink) it is a point I have made consistently previously as a general point not just now.

• Like 1

If they ruled that you could only change a team through injury to a rider it would remove all this nonsense.

A team needs a regular race night. I'd accept a few BH Monday meetings, but supporters will soon get fed up with meetings on different days.

What you mean like Rye House this year, Saturday's, Sunday's and Monday's

Leagues need regular race nights not clubs, it would solve a lot of the D/U and Guest issues overnight.

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 2

Would anyone bring in Palm Toft for Tom Perry once Perry's new average kicks in?

It would be harsh but we're in the business of winning meetings and leagues.

No and what a ridiculous comment but then you are fishing.

Perry has been rider of the season and can't be replaced anyway.

Let's support our 7 riders, I have a feeling Stokes will surprise a few.

• Like 3

No and what a ridiculous comment but then you are fishing.

Perry has been rider of the season and can't be replaced anyway.

Let's support our 7 riders, I have a feeling Stokes will surprise a few.

he could be replaced - by Stokes. Its then just a case of what fits.....

So the Kenneth hansen love fest turned out to be a one night stand

You never know how things pan out , maybe after him for next season. He only lives 35 miles away?

• Like 1

he could be replaced - by Stokes. Its then just a case of what fits.....

Yeah but will only be replaced to a 3.00 surely as would be unfair on other teams

That's true, we may have Cookie lined up for next year, he only lives 10 miles from our track!

• Like 2