British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2016

Or, if some of your riders are only riding in Czech on Sunday, got them to ride at Edinburgh on Friday as well.

If it was possible to ride on the said Friday night then true they should be able to, providing they can make the travel arrangements to suit

Is that true? I'll be giving that a go next year. Booked in advance only?

You can them at the same time as the standard match ticket.

They only do them if there isn't a party/group booked the area though I think.

Let's confirm one thing when you mention MF and Panthers there is no you or any connection with him and the Panthers he is a fictional made up attention seeking idiot who is dragging all the threads down to gutter level.

Or, if some of your riders are only riding in Czech on Sunday, got them to ride at Edinburgh on Friday as well.

Do you know for sure this is the case or are you just guessing, you seem to know so much about every club in future everyone should ask you first where there riders are, why don't you just change your name to jeeves. Riders make plans week's in advance as to were they will be even accounting for family plans as well which after all they are entitled to .

• Like 2

Kevin Wolbert is riding at Edinburgh on Friday and Pardubice on Sunday.

Kevin Wolbert is riding at Edinburgh on Friday and Pardubice on Sunday.

It looks like Tungate is racing at Lakeside tonight, at Workington tomorrow and in Pardubice on Sunday.

I can't see why the Peterborough riders aren't able to Edinburgh tonight and Pardubice on Sunday. The only one riding before that is Holub, who is riding tomorrow. And he's a 3.00 man and easily replaced, even without a facility.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Before I get the inevitable flack , I put on record that Ged Rathbone I am sure did what was in his opinion the right thing for Panthers and also agree that there Is no reason why any reasonable person should think it ok that he should lose money. However there is no doubt in my mind that the team changes or rather the determination to keep Ulrich regardless was the reason at the end of the day that Panthers did not reach the play offs. I also have little doubt that the current doubts over Panthers future would not have happened if the play offs had been reached and more so if we had won the league.

Most likely management never envisaged that all would depend on the Edinburgh meeting and were confident all would be settled following Workington and Rye House.

With Ulrich in present form this strategy was doomed to fail and it is probable that for the heat 15 crash against Rye House Panthers would have lost this as well.

In view of the above it rather rankles that once again Panthers future is uncertain.

Before I get the inevitable flack , I put on record that Ged Rathbone I am sure did what was in his opinion the right thing for Panthers and also agree that there Is no reason why any reasonable person should think it ok that he should lose money. However there is no doubt in my mind that the team changes or rather the determination to keep Ulrich regardless was the reason at the end of the day that Panthers did not reach the play offs. I also have little doubt that the current doubts over Panthers future would not have happened if the play offs had been reached and more so if we had won the league.

Most likely management never envisaged that all would depend on the Edinburgh meeting and were confident all would be settled following Workington and Rye House.

With Ulrich in present form this strategy was doomed to fail and it is probable that for the heat 15 crash against Rye House Panthers would have lost this as well.

In view of the above it rather rankles that once again Panthers future is uncertain.

do you honestly think we would have qualified with Grondal, Perry and NBJ?

Do you know for sure this is the case or are you just guessing, you seem to know so much about every club in future everyone should ask you first where there riders are, why don't you just change your name to jeeves. Riders make plans week's in advance as to were they will be even accounting for family plans as well which after all they are entitled to .

if the likes of Bjerre Thomsen and uncle Tom Cobley had these plans in place weeks ahead why sign them knowing they couldnt/wouldnt be able to commit in the week before the cut off?

This isnt snidey, it isnt sh!t stirring and it isnt gloating - just a common sense statement.

• Like 1

It looks like Tungate is racing at Lakeside tonight, at Workington tomorrow and in Pardubice on Sunday.

I can't see why the Peterborough riders aren't able to Edinburgh tonight and Pardubice on Sunday. The only one riding before that is Holub, who is riding tomorrow. And he's a 3.00 man and easily replaced, even without a facility.

All the best

Rob

Yes we could always use Mitchell Davey for Holub.

Yes we could always use Mitchell Davey for Holub.

Nah he's injured!

if the likes of Bjerre Thomsen and uncle Tom Cobley had these plans in place weeks ahead why sign them knowing they couldnt/wouldnt be able to commit in the week before the cut off?

This isnt snidey, it isnt sh!t stirring and it isnt gloating - just a common sense statement.

IMO the plan was to beat Worky at home, therefore making the trip to Edinburgh irrelevant. Cunning plans are not always good plans though, and i doubt Boro would get anything at Edinburgh anyway, other than a good bashing..

Think the key word to concentrate on in Scotsman's posting is "if" - then you answer you own question! :t:

IMO the plan was to beat Worky at home, therefore making the trip to Edinburgh irrelevant. Cunning plans are not always good plans though, and i doubt Boro would get anything at Edinburgh anyway, other than a good bashing..

Nail on head!! Ged never anticipated losing to Workington so was not to fussed re Edinburgh until it was too late. As a result of this seemingly Panthers future now in jeopardy.