British Speedway Forum
John Leslie

Second Choice Elite League Club?

No doubt the vast majority of us will be watching the Elite League play-offs on Sky even if our own club of choice isn't in them...

My question to Elite League supporters is this...

If your team don't get into the play-offs next year, which of the other 7 Elite League clubs would you support as your second favourite team?

It was Peterborough until they dropped down...

I don't have a favourite now, but Belle Vue would be my choice for this years PO title..

• Like 1

Poole for me. My second closest club and a very well run and professional outfit.

Also very impressed with the way they have openly supported Darcy Ward.

If Swindon aren't around next season I may make a couple of trips down next year.

I used to like Coventry when Sandhu was running it. There was a yellow glow about the place and it had a bit of an aura.

Went this year and it was like another World.

• Like 1

I'm assuming you are referring to the 4 clubs that make the P/Off's next season. If my club don't make it then I would like the underdogs whoever they may be to win the title.

My club is Coventry but my second favourite team this year is Belle Vue as I like their riders. Hoping one of the two can win the play offs this year.

Poole for me. My second closest club and a very well run and professional outfit.

Also very impressed with the way they have openly supported Darcy Ward.

If Swindon aren't around next season I may make a couple of trips down next year.

I used to like Coventry when Sandhu was running it. There was a yellow glow about the place and it had a bit of an aura.

Went this year and it was like another World.

smack on as far as i am concerned. :t:

• Like 2

I would like to see KL win the title next season. They have put together a good team the last 2 years but have been blighted with bad luck and injuries. Like going to the AF Arena too!

• Like 2

When I first moved to Coventry half the time I supported the opposition. The last club I support as an away team before I become a full fledged Bees fan was BV - mainly because as a kid I remember trips to BV to see the Moran brothers. I remember sitting down to watch the first leg of the play-off final in 2005 at home and realising I was cheering for Coventry, which shocked me a little! BV have remained my 2nd EL team though - in the main their fans are a good laugh, over the years I've had some fun at Brandon and Kirky Lane with the BV fans.

So I'd love a Bees vs Aces play-off final - I also think it's the Bees best chance of a win!

I quite like Kings Lynn too. Again, decent bunch of fans (mind you, what club doesn't?! Even Poole fans are most decent). From the outside it seems like a reasonably well run club too.

Edited by SCB

I would like to see KL win the title next season. They have put together a good team the last 2 years but have been blighted with bad luck and injuries. Like going to the AF Arena too!

Been Blighted with Kenny Bjerre more likely... :o

• Like 3

For me it's always the Aces due to having mates who are Aces fans.

The fact they have made the PO's makes it easier for me.

Edited by stevebrum

I used to actually quite like Poole before the inevitable, but my second team would have to be Belle Vue

• Like 1

It would be the Aces for me too. It seems that the sleeping giant is beginning to stir, and with the new stadium available next year many will be envious I would imagine.

My big worry for them is if they start pushing the" south coast mafia" too close " things might start happening" if you follow my drift. ;)

• Like 3

I used to actually quite like Poole before the inevitable, but my second team would have to be Belle Vue

I knew they were a bad bunch when they sacked Craig Watson in 2001! Not liked them since!

It would be the Aces for me too. It seems that the sleeping giant is beginning to stir, and with the new stadium available next year many will be envious I would imagine.

My big worry for them is if they start pushing the" south coast mafia" too close " things might start happening" if you follow my drift. ;)

Umm nope don't follow your drift sorry lol, what do you mean?