British Speedway Forum
Steve0

Posf2 - Swindon Robins Vs Belle Vue Aces 21 September 2015

Batchelor was awful tonight. But can someone explain why Rosco does an article in the advertiser basically saying Troy you are not in next years team before the season is finished? Madness.

Really think Troy was giving him the two finger gesture tonight.

Well done Aces.

Well done our lad Cookie and Good Luck to BelleVue in the final

Batchelor was awful tonight. But can someone explain why Rosco does an article in the advertiser basically saying Troy you are not in next years team before the season is finished? Madness.

Really think Troy was giving him the two finger gesture tonight.

Well done Aces.

Can you post the link that claims this?

I have read the articles from the past week and it says no such thing.

The only mention of next year is talk of using assets in 2016.

I think swindon threw it away by over riding, they probably wouldn't have won anyway but the occasion proved just too much for them to handle.

The Robin mascot that looks like its surrendering just about sums the play-off performances up.

In all fairness it has been a horrible season really, with one thing and another, so even making the play offs was a result.

Lets just hope that wasn't the last ever competitive match in Swindon.

Edited by BuzzCagney
  • Like 2

Well done to the Aces great for there fans,and good luck to them in the Final.This meeting i did not enjoy at all not because of the result but it did did not take off for me.The Play/offs for me now have reached there sell buy date i would rather have a deserving overall winner of the league then with four teams riding for a two legged consolation Final.It It has been a rough season this year i just hope the October 11th send off meeting is a great occasion will Briggo be there?.

Edited by sidney
  • Like 1

Been a big fan of the play offs but tonight I have to admit that was a poor crowd and running the two meetings at once just not does work ..long delays that kill the crowd noise ...have the play offs on the teams race night and show one leg from each semi .. it's painful for the fans at both matches ...rant over

Completely agree with that. It might be OK for those at home watching the box but if you are in the stadium its a nightmare. Just over 2 and a half hours is simply too much on a cold night.

• Like 3

Completely agree with that. It might be OK for those at home watching the box but if you are in the stadium its a nightmare. Just over 2 and a half hours is simply too much on a cold night.

Watching on the TV is not too enjoyable either with one race finishing and another starting immediately, often with no line ups announced as the tapes have risen as soon as they have gone back to the other track..

No real time for any interviews or analysis either, trying to listen to an interview on the left hand side of the screen whilst watching the riders get ready for the race at the other track on the right hand side of the screen is a nightmare..

Ironically for the TV viewer, as opposed to being at the track, too much is happening in a short space of time..

For me. The two meetings didn't really come across well if you were a casual observer...

Time I think for separate nights..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 6

Well done to the Aces, who thoroughly deserved their success. They rode like a team, who had jelled together, and performed like is was the most important race of the year. Swindon, what a let down. I sense, there are too many under currants going on we can't see, The performances of Batch and Killer were disgraceful, a real let-down for any team, let alone in a POSF. Rosco doesn't seem to have any control or to care much of what is going on. All you hear from him is lame excuses.

A real shame really for the Swindon fans. Every team wants to be successful, and when that time comes, the fans want to see that effort from the riders. Defeat is hard to take, but can be accepted far easier when they can see the team as tried. When some, just roll over as if it meant nothing, then you have to question your own logic about going......

• Like 2

I was not at the Abbey tonight, and was not watching on TV, but must say the following. What a sad, sad day for the Robins, and the stadium, which has seen some great riders over the years. The spirits of crAshby, and Bob Kilby, must be weeping. I dread to think of what the greatest of them all, Leigh Adams must think about it. Apart from a couple of riders, the 2015 Robins are a disgrace to a great club. :sad:

Well as a aces fan I am obviously over the moon. But I don't have roses tinted glasses. Yes we were best team over 2 legs and deserve to go through but the aggregate scores don't reflect the way Swindon rode. Especially last night. But in both matches your riders threw away silly points in good point scoring positions. So hard luck on Swindon fans and the club itself. Someone had to loose and unfortunately it's yourselves. Good luck in your new venture in the new stadium next year if you move. I did notice no work going on all though I could be wrong.

Another good aces fans turnout and we made plenty noise which u could see the riders appreciating. Don't think the security liked us running on dog track. Bloody jobsworths ;) lol

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 2

Delighted with the result and you can't argue with wins home and away. All of the Aces did their best, you can ask no more and a special word for Mark Lemon, he has inspired the team this year.

You have to feel for the Swindon fans they deserved a team giving 100% but didn't get anything like it. Rosco looked downbeat from the off and obviously couldn't motivate his riders, surely not a difficult task when taking part in such an important meeting. I was particularly surprised by the poor showing from Batchelor, I have never rated him highly but expected at least 6 points at home. Kildemand was also very poor, especially riding as a second string. The only Swindon riders who seemed to have any fight were Morris, Wright and Zengota when he made the gate.

Edited by Aces51

IF you thought the TV presentation was not great on the TV , spare a thought for the fans in the stadium who had to twiddle their thumbs whilst the other match was being shown.

It can't be beyond the TV to let the matches run and let the presentation on the TV lag behind a little with both matches runnning their own paths.

Great result for Belle Vue and a fitting end to the greyhound stadium by reaching the play off final.

It's now all to play for !!

I can handle being beat especially when it's by a team miles better than us. But what I can't take is a rider giving up which happened tonight. Well done BV. Hope they go on and win it.

And to our favourite Coventry stalker. F*ck off on to your own threads you nutty stalker. You won't find one Swindon fan on here saying we were unlucky or robbed so you are barking up the wrong tree. You wont find an argument with any of us. Beaten fair and square by a better all round team. We don't need to post pages and pages of excuses.

She just constantly bangs on the same point, she's an embarrassment to us Bees fans too. I've had lots of run ins with her on our Facebook page when she was posting with several profiles. Edited by woz01
  • Like 2