British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough V Sheffield Plpo Quarter Final 2nd Leg

Well done Panthers, enjoyed catching up with friends esp Gemini and her dogs......

The whole place is so much family friendly, huge thank you to Trevor making my little grandsons night, taking us into the pits

to Ben Barkers bike for his preschool teddy bear to have his photo taken...

Also to Ben, even though he was a little down tonight, after having machinery troubles, he was only to happy to write in a

birthday card for my grandson............

So he will be over the moon on Tuesday when he sees he has a card from Ben.............

The riders went on truck at the end, stopping at the start/finish straight, walked the rest of the way back to pits

, hand shakes, signing

autographs, high fives with all the kiddies.........

Fantastic....................

Very happy Panthers Fans

• Like 2

We left at heat 10 and we wasn't alone we walked to the car with Panthers fans long and drawn out meeting the track wasn't its best and the racing wasn't either .

The biggest positive for me was the ruturn to form for MPT and Lambo..this now makes me think we have a chance against Edinburgh.. It would be great if the guys could get some practice in before next Sunday, especially Konopka who needs some help because the guy can gate and has some speed..just needs to stay on the bike..if we can get him chipping in with 3-5pts this would really improve our chances.

The biggest positive for me was the ruturn to form for MPT and Lambo..this now makes me think we have a chance against Edinburgh.. It would be great if the guys could get some practice in before next Sunday, especially Konopka who needs some help because the guy can gate and has some speed..just needs to stay on the bike..if we can get him chipping in with 3-5pts this would really improve our chances.

The Monarchs will give you a spanking over the 2 legs

We left at heat 10 and we wasn't alone we walked to the car with Panthers fans long and drawn out meeting the track wasn't its best and the racing wasn't either .

You'll feel better when you've had a snicker

• Like 1

Agree track was nt at its best, but you missed some cracking races from heat 11 onwards!!!

• Like 1

Track looked shoddy and didn't help with the track walk before hand.

Nice touch letting the fans out when Sheffield was doing there track walk :lol:

An ok meeting, seen a lot worst. Klindt and Bates kept it respectable for the Tigers. Rest were average at best.

Better from our lads and considering Barker had a mare. If we can beat the Monarchs by 10 points we have a chance there I reckon.

Good atmosphere, whistles were doing my nut in mind come the end

Congrats to the Panthers.

I think that the writing was on the wall when Howarth crashed in his first race and then pulled out after his second.

But after looking at what has happened to us as a club over the season injuries and losing Ty Proctor as we did, the fact that we qualified for the Play Off's comfortably after three seasons of just missing out on the wooden spoon speaks volumes as to where the new Promotion has taken the club. And I can only see the club going from strength to strength for next season.

So the Panthers move on to face the Mighty Monarch's in the Semi Final, I wish them luck as I think they need it as the Monarchs are a pretty formidable team and are going to take some stopping.

• Like 3

Agree track was nt at its best, but you missed some cracking races from heat 11 onwards!!!

couldn't stay any longer had to get back home - and we wasn't alone plenty of gaps in the rows of cars in car park and cars leaving as we was . I may be tempted to go to the semi we shall see as its a long winter .

roll on next week when we see thomsen take on cookie and co , surely thomsen will end up at poole next season on a bargain average

I thought some of the Peterborough fans were an absolute disgrace, cheering when Kyle Howarth had a nasty fall. I was in the grandstand and one idiot sat in front of me was lucky not to get punched. Fortunately for him he left with his disfunctional family with him around heat 10.

Hats off to Nicolai and Josh for some excellent racing and

Paco rode better than his points tally as well. Hw was well clear in the heat where Rafa Konpka fell and, of course, Barker won the rerun and lapped Paco denying him a point when he was trying to nurse his bike home after an issue at the start.

I thought some of the Peterborough fans were an absolute disgrace, cheering when Kyle Howarth had a nasty fall.

Not that old chestnut :rolleyes:

roll on next week when we see thomsen take on cookie and co

Well worth watching but I can't cope with another 2 1/2 hours of "I'm now talking to" breaking the atmos' so will have to make do with a video. (better remove your like now dp ;) )

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

strange there s no more input from morrissey fan. dont think he was there.

On the point of Peterborough fan cheering the falling Kyle Howarth.

I think we have seen fans from all clubs behave like that.

The match was promoted as a grudge match especially by the Peterborough promotion, and that will have whipped the crowd up, nowt wrong with that but unfortunately you will get the odd idiot who will take it too far.

End of the day the best way to deal with people like this is ignore them no point in trying to reason with them as they don't have the necessary brain cells to hold a conversation.

• Like 1

Shame you left early as some of the later races were excellent especially heat 14 which was one of the best races this year.

It was a tad drawn out because of crashes which cannot be helped.

• Like 1