British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough V Sheffield Plpo Quarter Final 2nd Leg

Yawn... Let it go!! The fact is that they could ride and did ride (save for sick note)

Only because the riders concerned had to change their long ago made travel arrangements some of the costs of which I understand are being covered by some local fund raising.

• Like 1

Only because the riders concerned had to change their long ago made travel arrangements some of the costs of which I understand are being covered by some local fund raising.

Funny according to the Peterborough press release, the club had gone to great expense to fund the riders change in travelling arrangements.

Funny according to the Peterborough press release, the club had gone to great expense to fund the riders change in travelling arrangements.

At that time that was accurate but time moves on doesn't it.

Whoever picked up the tab it was at the Panthers end.

And that was entirely due to Sheffield trying to be tricky.

They still ended up with the same number of blank Thursdays at Owlerton that they would've had whether the meeting was run on the 17th or the 24th.

Oh how it must stick in the craw because in the end they got outsmarted by Ged R. :rofl:

• Like 1

What's so funny? It's not exactly a rare occurrence in speedway - clubs or individuals helping a rider out then a collection being held to recoup the money.

What's so funny? It's not exactly a rare occurrence in speedway - clubs or individuals helping a rider out then a collection being held to recoup the money.

My point is if and I say if as the person who posted it is a fan from another club.

But if it is true then you would expect the Promotion to publically thank the person or persons who helped or footed the bill.

Contrary to PE7Panther believe has nothing to with why I asked the question been bitter about the fact that Peterborough knocked us out of the Play Off's already said in early on the in thread we were beaten fair and square no complaints about that.

But if it is true then you would expect the Promotion to publically thank the person or persons who helped or footed the bill.

The supporters club helped out and Ged has already thanked them.

The supporters club helped out and Ged has already thanked them.

Thank you for that information.