British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough V Sheffield Plpo Quarter Final 2nd Leg

bjerre twice the rider, twice the price. COOK ANY DAY.

its funny how peterborrow fans are wanting a world beater because ully is out.. he wont be at p/borrow in 2016 either. maybe you can use a guest or r/r .

Edited by jenga

As he started the season with an EL average above 6 he cannot guest in PL I believe.

Oh dear, what a shame, never mind... :cheers:

• Like 1

The feelgood factor is back at Peterborough in my opinion, & that is down to Ged's enthusiasm, & his ability to sort the team out quickly when required. After the problems we had with Sheffield with the away leg, it would amaze me if we went R/R for the home tie.

• Like 3

The feelgood factor is back at Peterborough in my opinion, & that is down to Ged's enthusiasm, & his ability to sort the team out quickly when required. After the problems we had with Sheffield with the away leg, it would amaze me if we went R/R for the home tie.

? Everybody wanted a guest for the away leg, we ran R/R and won.

Ridiculous decision imo all it takes is an injury

Agreed could happen and it puts you under unnecessary pressure with only the point lead

Morrissey Fan, I mean't the problems we had off the track, not on it. Would have thought Ged would be desperate to put one over Sheffield, & Ricky Wells at number 1 gives us the best chance of doing that, in my opinion.

• Like 2

TARGET: 2,000

Tuesday September 22, 2015

intro_270915.jpg

PROMOTER Ged Rathbone wants the people of Peterborough and beyond to pack the East of England Showground for the club's huge play-off battle.

The Readypower Panthers host Sheffield in a vital quarter-final second leg on Sunday (September 27, 5pm).

They go into battle holding a 46-44 aggregate advantage after a stunning comeback success in South Yorkshire last Thursday in the first leg of a stormy tie.

And Supremo Rathbone believes an army of home supporters can roar his team to a semi-final spot by creating a daunting Alwalton atmosphere.

He said: "The fans have backed us superbly all season and proved that we did the right thing by stepping in last winter to keep the sport going in Peterborough.

"Our crowds have been hovering around the 1,000 mark for the majority of meetings, but I really want to see the place packed on Sunday.

"As a promotion we have delivered on everything we said we would by putting together a terrific team and, despite all the bad injuries and bad luck that has come our way, making it into the play-offs.

"Hopefully the people of Peterborough - and the surrounding areas - can show their appreciation by turning out in force to help us take the next step towards the title.

"I'll be absolutely over the moon if we can get a crowd of around 2,000 people and that can make a huge difference to the riders."

And Rathbone reckons another thrilling chapter of this play-off grudge match awaits those who descend on the East of England Showground.

He added: "It has the makings of being the best meeting anywhere in the country all season.

"There have been fireworks off the track and I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of them on it as well.

"We're in a great position after producing such a brilliant comeback at Sheffield in the first leg, but they will be desperate to pay us back by winning at our place.

"We've got a big job to finish and we need as many people behind us as possible."

Peterborough bosses are still mulling over their options for the number one spot. They can draft in a guest or utilise the rider replacement facility to fill the void left by injured captain Ulrich Ostergaard.

It is hoped the Premier League Riders' Championship king will be present on Sunday to provide backing from the pits.

http://www.peterboroughpanthers.co/news.php?extend.2642

"There have been fireworks off the track and I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of them on it as well.

Not literally I hope because I should be there with my dog. :lol:

its funny how peterborrow fans are wanting a world beater because ully is out.. he wont be at p/borrow in 2016 either. maybe you can use a guest or r/r .

Yes I've been laughing about it for weeks now.

Why won't Ostergaard be at Panthers?

Target 2000? With only few days to go the Club need to announce our team (including a guest) - that's the best chance of achieving that figure.

Jason Garrity is expected to make a decision on Friday, as to whether he will be fit to ride on Sunday. Not sure what is on Anders Thomsen's menu for Saturday yet.

I know times aren"t what they were in speedway circles, but surely 2,000 turnout in a play off is not a massive success?