British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Posf2 Poole V Coventry

Times change mate it will Still be a massive acheivement IF, we do. Now tell me this. Would Man Utd give a monkeys as to how Chelsea run their club, and would Bournemouth give a monkeys how that lot 20 mile east down the road run their club? NO, so why the hell should we give a monkeys how other clubs are ran. in the EL. We cannot run there club for them, so how they run it is entirely up to them.

Matt runs Poole Speedway how he see's fit and if you or anybody else do not like it then you can lay the blame at your clubs door, not Poole Speedway.

That's typical of the shortsightedness that bedevils the sport. Football at Premier League level is thriving so they don't yet have to worry about looking at the bigger picture, speedway was to a lesser extent in a similar position in the 1970's.

However, today we have an ever shrinking EL with fewer and fewer clubs and ever dwindling support. It has now reached a stage where clubs must take an interest in the survival of their rivals because otherwise they will end up with no-one to race against. There has to be a plan involving all clubs working together to try to save the sport. Self interest has played a major part in the current demise.

• Like 3

That's typical of the shortsightedness that bedevils the sport. Football at Premier League level is thriving so they don't yet have to worry about looking at the bigger picture, speedway was to a lesser extent in a similar position in the 1970's.

However, today we have an ever shrinking EL with fewer and fewer clubs and ever dwindling support. It has now reached a stage where clubs must take an interest in the survival of their rivals because otherwise they will end up with no-one to race against. There has to be a plan involving all clubs working together to try to save the sport. Self interest has played a major part in the current demise.

Not shortsighted at all mate. Its sport and you look after your own. Again we cannot run other clubs affairs for them.

Not shortsighted at all mate. Its sport and you look after your own. Again we cannot run other clubs affairs for them.

yes but soon you'll have no one to race against, partly down to your promotion.
  • Like 1

Well who are the usual idiots as opposed the the rest ?

The point is that the main thrust of virtually every non-Poole post is that Ford has pulled so m any underhand staunts in the past nobody believes anything h e says anymore. You seem to agree that his past record is shady at best, so why are people idiots for jumping on this point?

On top of that we have Poole supporter Red Pnda making the quite offensive comment that other promoters sit on their backsides waiting for the world to come to them . That is about as stupid a comment as anything else on the thread

Is that a serious question..??

But surely you can see that it is how people perceive what has happened in the past that makes many suspicious every time the club do something like replacing an out of form rider with a guest who is likely to score more points.

Yes I do comprehend that, however on this occasion there has been no rule breaking, bending or manipulating. Dak was replaced by a lower average rider so there was no guarantee that Eddie would score more. In addition he's not even riding in the EL full time this year so on face value we replaced an EL heat leader with a PL heat leader. So again, where's the cheating?

In fact I challenge anyone to explain and provide evidence on how Poole 'cheated' on this occasion. Good luck!

• Like 1

It is a perfectly civil and simple question which you seem singularly unwilling to answer, just as Red Panda seems unable and unwilling to answer an equally civil and simple question'

But you could try to stop cheating

Yes I do comprehend that, however on this occasion there has been no rule breaking, bending or manipulating. Dak was replaced by a lower average rider so there was no guarantee that Eddie would score more. In addition he's not even riding in the EL full time this year so on face value we replaced an EL heat leader with a PL heat leader. So again, where's the cheating?

In fact I challenge anyone to explain and provide evidence on how Poole 'cheated' on this occasion. Good luck!

Eddie Kennett has been in the El for years and also rode this year for Lakeside in it this year ...In reckon weeks North has been out of the form in fact he found it hard score a point ...So nearly everyone in the world speedway knew Kennett was likely to score more than North ... the cheating would be the same as it has always been get a rider to miss a match to replace him with a better rider.. a art form Poole are masters at .

• Like 1

Copied from the online dictionary definition of sport :-

"an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment"

Nothing there about looking after your own. The operative word is entertainment. When it become win at all costs and don't care how you do it, then it ceases to become entertainment. Declining crowds are proof of that fact, Ford is not the whole problem, it goes much wider than that but he is quite a serious spanner in the works.

But you could try to stop cheating

We don't cheat..

Copied from the online dictionary definition of sport :-

"an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment"

Nothing there about looking after your own. The operative word is entertainment. When it become win at all costs and don't care how you do it, then it ceases to become entertainment. Declining crowds are proof of that fact, Ford is not the whole problem, it goes much wider than that but he is quite a serious spanner in the works.

There you go, you've learn't something tonight. Declining crowds, not at Poole. Other clubs could really learn from us. We give, Entertainment.. ;)

• Like 1

It is a perfectly civil and simple question which you seem singularly unwilling to answer, just as Red Panda seems unable and unwilling to answer an equally civil and simple question'

I worry for you if you don't know who the forum idiots (i.e. those that spend their time constantly ridiculing, panning, slating and hammering) Poole are.

Eddie Kennett has been in the El for years and also rode this year for Lakeside in it this year ...In reckon weeks North has been out of the form in fact he found it hard score a point ...So nearly everyone in the world speedway knew Kennett was likely to score more than North ... the cheating would be the same as it has always been get a rider to miss a match to replace him with a better rider.. a art form Poole are masters at .

Complete nonsense from start to finish.

I notice that nobody has taken the challenge as of yet :t:

• Like 3

The thing is I admire Matt Ford for the success he has achieved for Poole but then there is the other side of the coin which at the very least tarnishes the reputation of your club.

What about your own reputation of spouting lies and not being able to man up and admit you were wrong, despite the fact you have not tried to backup proving YOUR accusations.

Guess you're just not man enough. Game Over for you.

• Like 4

I worry for you if you don't know who the forum idiots (i.e. those that spend their time constantly ridiculing, panning, slating and hammering) Poole are.

Complete nonsense from start to finish.

I notice that nobody has taken the challenge as of yet :t:

Why is it nonsense ? have a survey on here or who was likely to have scored more in the form they are at the moment ...Kennett would have been picked by nearly everyone ...the point is showed by the uproar in the first place otherwise we would not be having this debate .

The challenge have already been taken ...Poole get riders to miss meetings to get stronger riders in

This could happen in the final. North flies around Belle Vue and Gomolski hates the place. Let's hope Poole track their original 1-7 and if North rides at Belle Vue then he has to ride the home leg

This could happen in the final. North flies around Belle Vue and Gomolski hates the place. Let's hope Poole track their original 1-7 and if North rides at Belle Vue then he has to ride the home leg

Lets hope both teams track their original team and we get a fair final, will Zagar aggravate his injury in the gp without having a fall.

I hope we do too as it's the right thing to do assuming North is mentally right.

The challenge have already been taken ...Poole get riders to miss meetings to get stronger riders in

No it hasn't. Nobody has provided any evidence of Poole cheating on this occasion, and that includes yourself.

• Like 2