British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Posf2 Poole V Coventry

So after a great but very late night at Wimborne Road yesterday (and an even later morning!) I have finally managed to catch up on this thread.

Well done to all the Bees fans that made the trip and a particular well done to Bomber and Hans for coming across at the end and shaking all the Pirates' hands!!

I'm not going to go over all the vitriolic posts that have gone before, other than to say that I think the 'seething and disillusionment' expressed by the Bees Mangement before the meeting was simply down to the frustration of finding out that Matt Ford had already booked Eddie Kennett as a guest when they tried to make contact themselves!

Some of the attacks on Dak's father's situation are simply unbelieveable and we shall have to await further post-operative information before any decision on whether a further medical certificate might be needed?! ( Incidentally, having a brother in the medical field, it is probable that the medical certificate for Dak contained 'depression' or 'anxiety' as the reason, and hence why Poole gave him compassionate leave. I believe Josh G's certificate contained a similar diagnosis after Kerr's crash.)

Personally I would have given the Rider of the Night Award to either Watty or Ginger, but Darcy's message that it should go to Eddie Kennett was a classic response to Horton's earlier bs!!

Well done to Lemo and the Aces (commiserations to Rosco and the Robins) - looking forward to 2 tough meetings next week

ps. If mdmc2 is looking for a medical certificate to cover her 'repetitive strain injury', it can be arranged.

:rofl:

• Like 2

Well i must be in a minority then as ive never cheered when a rider has fallen off irrelevent of how innocous it looks. Even simple falls can cause horrifc injuries. Havvy broke his back sliding off, i saw Paul Muchene at Hackney slide off but he had Nick Floyd right behind him.

So are we supposed to only cheer a certain type of fall? Im confused.

If Harris had have clipped Kennets back wheel and cartwheeled into the fence would the Poole fans still have cheered.

Did the opposition fans cheer when Darcy, Rico , Stead, Hare and Jonsson cheer when they crashed?

Sorry but to cheer like the Poole fans did IMMEDIATLY as Harris went down is wrong. Who was to say that he didnt hurt his back or bang his head somehow as he fell?

Im sure fans of other clubs do it and its wrong.

So if fans from all clubs do it what is the big deal about last night ..are you going bring a rule out to stop it and every track ? not sure what your point is .

anybody got any updates on rod north's condition?

carnt find anything on any news websites internet forums or google

normally when something like this happens someone friend or family normally posts on speedway friends or a similar group but theres been nothing

it seems nobody knew anything about rod north's accident until dakota told people after fridays match..

I suspect that like a lot of other riders family or personal misfortunes it is f*** all to do with you.

Let's have a thread consisting of all the whingebags and haters and slimey insects that many seem to be akin to on here and let them tell the world of their own mistakes, and misfortunes so we can all analyse them for a change! NO ibet you would all crawl under the carpet.

Now get a life and get behind your own club week in week out and hope that your promoter can come up with year in year out with a championship winning formula. And I mean all season not just at play off time.

Edited by PiratesPiratesPirates

So which came first the medical certificate of the compassionate leave.

It's almost as if it never happened.

Game On (and heathen chemistry). READ IT and feel stupid. An apology from you both would not be out of order.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 3

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/speedway/piratesmatchreports/13774467.Speedway__Poole_Pirates_emphatically_send_Horton_s_Coventry_packing_in_semi_final/

Read the first 6 paragraphs. Sums it all up. 😘

Edited by PiratesPiratesPirates

Game On (and heathen chemistry). READ IT and feel stupid. An apology from you both would not be out of order.

Playing devils advocate, it's only some comments from Matt Ford, who has lied about the reasons for riders absences in the past.

As I said, it's a shame for North that he is getting stick.

Edited by BWitcher

You will have a long wait.

• Like 1

Blood on your own hands wouldn't sati

Playing devils advocate, it's only some comments from Matt Ford, who has lied about the reasons for riders absences in the past.

As I said, it's a shame for North that he is getting stick.

Blood on your own hands wouldn't satisfy would it.!

Blood on your own hands wouldn't sati

Blood on your own hands wouldn't satisfy would it.!

Bwitchers from the same academy as Game on and Gavan, the academy of :icon_smile_clown: :'s Idiots and Poole haters. Homwork time children glass of milk watch the Clangers and then bed.. :rofl:

SCB's been very quiet today, im a little worried, has he got back to Wales ok .. :rofl:

Edited by Starman2006

I suggest you both try reading my post again, in your case Starman that's always difficult, but do try again and actually try and understand what it says.

As for Poole haters, I've been defending the Poole fans for a number of pages on this thread...

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

Well i must be in a minority then as ive never cheered when a rider has fallen off irrelevent of how innocous it looks. Even simple falls can cause horrifc injuries. Havvy broke his back sliding off, i saw Paul Muchene at Hackney slide off but he had Nick Floyd right behind him.

So are we supposed to only cheer a certain type of fall? Im confused.

If Harris had have clipped Kennets back wheel and cartwheeled into the fence would the Poole fans still have cheered.

Did the opposition fans cheer when Darcy, Rico , Stead, Hare and Jonsson cheer when they crashed?

Sorry but to cheer like the Poole fans did IMMEDIATLY as Harris went down is wrong. Who was to say that he didnt hurt his back or bang his head somehow as he fell?

Im sure fans of other clubs do it and its wrong.

In your opinion

Edited by screamer
  • Like 1

For many Poole have pulled so many perceived strokes over the years that everything they say and do is viewed with suspicion.

Edited by wealdstone

I suggest you both try reading my post again, in your case Starman that's always difficult, but do try again and actually try and understand what it says.

As for Poole haters, I've been defending the Poole fans for a number of pages on this thread...

Quite agree with you, and I have liked most of your posts before I ran out of 'like's'. :P

• Like 1

Cheering at an engine failure is fine, cheering when a rider goes down is not. A lot of Poole fans should feel very ashamed today, but I am quite sure they will make excuses for their actions, after all that is what Poole seem to do. I am not a fan of Coventry, and I don't have a club anymore, so no bitterness here. I am sure most fans are cheering about the advantage, but it does not make it right. Those fans are too stupid to understand that whilst they are cheering the rider may be picking up some form of injury or some expensive repair bill from their simple looking fall. The cheering of falling riders seems far louder at Poole than anywhere else.

Who gives a monkey's about a riders repair bills? Certainly not us paying publics problem.

Cheering you team on in sport is part of the game. There certainly isn't enough of it in uk speedway.

In Poles go mental when a rider goes down and their atmosphere is described as the best in speedway. A few 10's in British Speedway do it and they're a disgrace

I think some people need to get over themselves and chill a little.

The facts are, we're all different and like all different things. Cheering a fall does not make anyone moronic, stupid etc just because you don't like it

• Like 2