British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Poole Vs The Aces For The Title

[quote name="Red Panda" post="2690849" timestamp="

Oh but then again it is Poole and everyone will conveniently forget about Worrall staying down in heat two when he could have cleared the track............

RP

You should thank him.

He got you the draw as we didn't even get a point in the rerun..😃

• Like 2

Here we go again...................anyone who actually watched what was going on could clearly see that Kyle had a problem with his goggles.............the start marshall tried to help him but could not..............the alternative was to go back to the pits and be excluded for two minutes as I believe he could not be brought a pair of goggles to the start line as that is also against the rules I believe.........no outside assistance when at the tapes...................

Oh but then again it is Poole and everyone will conveniently forget about Worrall staying down in heat two when he could have cleared the track............

RP

So you condone rule breaking.

Goggles, as per the rule book, are compulsory the same as silencers and cut outs. If they are not in place the rider is not ready to race and if does not have time to get it sorted should be exc. Newman was fortunate in some ways that the start marshall tried to assist him, at some tracks that would not happen.

It has nothing to do with it being Poole, it has to do with the rule book and safety, both to Newmans own eyesight and the other 3 riders on track (and indeed the track staff) who could have been in danger had Newman been temporarily blinded by shale or grit during the race.

Nurse! He's escaped again...

In this case he actually makes a very valid point. I wouldn't call Newman stupid tho, merely fired up on adrenaline and emotion because it was the final, which is why the ref was hugely at fault by not protecting him and the other riders.

Edited by Star Lady

It was a shame about the initial difficulties with the track but eventually we saw some good racing and a fight back from the Aces to claw back the deficit. It certainly shows this side won't accept defeat easily. Zagar, Cook and Nicholls were excellent. No problems for me with the exclusions, Poole did a professional job, albeit the score for the respective 1-5's was 43- 28. I'm not going to criticise our reserves, they have done well for us all year and it was just unfortunate that their lack of experience of such a big meeting may have affected their performance, likewise Max Fricke.

Well done to Poole. I am sure they would have settled for a draw before the meeting but must be disappointed to have squandered a good lead.

It's not over yet. Poole are in the driving seat but this Aces side will give 100% and it may be a closer meeting than some think.

• Like 1

Thats a big shame the track walk for Darcy didn't take place. But nothing suprises me with H/S nowadays. Perhaps the stadium management will chuck a couple of grand in the pot for the Darcy fund. But like you say

The idiotic woman who is stadium manager should bow her head in shame being so spiteful when the walk was to aid a stricken rider, this highlights just what the speedway have had to contend with having the GRA as landlords. Even for them this was a new low.

• Like 1

I'm still on about the goggles.... the start marshall may not have to know the rules but they should be given a list of safety items to check. Helmet, goggles, no concealed weapons (lets face it, this was Manchester) and should have to make a specific sign to the ref above that it's all in place. In all honesty, speedway is dangerous enough without this kind of incident. Blame aside just make sure it can't happen again.

Still looking forward to Wednesday, it will be a massive event again, and what a week for Speedway UK - huge premier league cup final, then this. I will enjoy it for what it is. Good times.

• Like 1

Thats a big shame the track walk for Darcy didn't take place. But nothing suprises me with H/S nowadays. Perhaps the stadium management will chuck a couple of grand in the pot for the Darcy fund. But like you say

The idiotic woman who is stadium manager should bow her head in shame being so spiteful when the walk was to aid a stricken rider, this highlights just what the speedway have had to contend with having the GRA as landlords. Even for them this was a new low.

I wondered if it was because Sky needed to remove all their equipment and by doing so could cause the H & S issue. I recall Lynn were prevented from doing a victory parade because Sky needed to remove their stuff and as I assume with the 48 hour turn round they have for Weds, Sky could/would not postpone for say an hour. Also their cables could be deemed a trip hazard. Supid I know but so is so much of the compensation culture and resulting H & S stuff that's about nowadays.

Here we go again...................anyone who actually watched what was going on could clearly see that Kyle had a problem with his goggles.............the start marshall tried to help him but could not..............the alternative was to go back to the pits and be excluded for two minutes as I believe he could not be brought a pair of goggles to the start line as that is also against the rules I believe.........no outside assistance when at the tapes...................

RP

he broke the rules and got away with it, he also broke the rules and got away with being foolish, another day and both could of been different outcomes.

It happening again. Poole fans defending rule breaking? Why not just say, "you know what, he did break the rules. I doubt he meant to, he was just being foolhardy/brave and that's why we love him. But I can see he broke the rules".

If Poole fans cannot accept this clear cut breaking of rules then we have no hope of reasonable discussion with them at other times. Nobody is saying Poole are cheats for this, nobody is saying they should be excessively punished but what some of us are saying is that it's not fair on BV. Poole broke the rules and have potentially gotten away with it. Even if the BSPA/SCB amend the result they'll only take away Kyles 2 points, they won't give the 2 points to BV (how stupid is that rule? and I DONT blame Poole for this). There also the fact that had he ben excluded Middlo would have put him off 15 metres and who knows what may have happened. Still possibly a 5-1, but with Starke off a different gate it's not impossible that BV could have got a 5-1. By not knowing the rules/noticing the referees has messed this up for BV. It's ok saying "who can know all the rules" - well a referee?! And TBH, theres not that many racing rules.

So in short, I have no issue with Poole, I actually have huge respect for Kyle for doing in really. But it's wrong, the race should not have started and Kyle should have been excluded.

RP

? what has got to do with Poole ..no matter who Newman rides for you not allowed to ride without Goggles . if that meant he was excluded for 2 mins then so be it ..who rides for and how he had no Goggles does not matter.

It's no wonder Poole get flax when you even try are to defend this .

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

? what has got to with Poole ..no matter who Newman rides for you not allowed to ride without Goggles . if that meant he was excluded for 2 mins then so be it ..who rides for and how he had no Goggles does not matter.

It's no wonder Poole get flax when you even try are to defend this .

The start marshall should have the responsibility of waiving the rider away from the start line or pointing out the no goggle issue to the ref so that the race is not started. If that results in being excluded under the two min rule, well that what happens if the rider is not ready to race.

Edited by A ORLOV

The start marshall should have the responsibility of waiving the rider away from the start line or pointing out the no goggle issue to the ref so that the race is not started. If that results in being excluded under the two min rule, well that what happens if the rider is not ready to race.

TBF, it's not the start marshals job to know the rules other than those that effect him.

That what I said ...it's up to Newman to be ready to race

SCB is correct, I've been anal enough to check the rules re Start Marshalls and they do not have any obligation to ensure riders are correctly equipped except to ensure cut outs are in place rule 14.12.

SCB is correct, I've been anal enough to check the rules re Start Marshalls and they do not have any obligation to ensure riders are correctly equipped except to ensure cut outs are in place rule 14.12.

Another case of a lack of a sensible rule, if the ref cannot see if the rider has goggles it should be down to the start marshall to point it out.

Wow excuse me, the amount of defense used in you're post suggests that you maybe the next Bobby Moore.

This is why I stay on the Years Gone By thread which seems to be child free unlike this thread which as we can see from this post.

Unless a rider has been dangerous, I didn't think riders get booed all night constantly which either shows the people who agree to do it are either children or thugs.

I have yet to decide which of those you are but I could probably hazard a guess that your Super Mario isn't keeping you occupied enough.

Yes, seems the 'Years gone by' thread is by far the best placed for you.

Every single other poster has commented how fantastic it was to see and hear such a great atmosphere at a speedway meeting. Cheering and booing is what it is all about.

It's a play-off final, it's tense, you are desperate for your team to win. It does not make you a child, nor a thug, just a passionate fan.. something of which the sport desperately needs more of.