British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Poole Vs The Aces For The Title

Great to see loads of fans .it looks like a polish meeting!!!!!

even a couple of riders made it look similar to a polish match!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What happened at Kirky Lane on Monday night is history. Tonight Poole once again showed they are the team of the present. My team gave all Aces fans a fab season and showed us all that we are the team of the future.

• Like 5

Poole where champions by heat 14 so they would have to re run heat 15 as they took the foot of the gas if you believe in googlegate, Read the paper tomorrow 92- 90 it will be in black& white.

• Like 3

Fair play to starman, he's got his mug on the tele more tonight than Laurence Rogers has all season! That takes some doing!!

I think he is referring to the eventuality had the rules been followed correctly in the first place.

Of course everything else would have been different from that point on as well.

The reality is the SCB have been utterly inept in this matter, were desperately hoping for a result that meant it was irrelevant and have now been left with egg on their face.

Another farce for the sport.

Yes I was , as the BEST Poole could have got from that heat would have been 3 - 3 and therefore 2 less points for them and 2 more for Belle Vue.

• Like 1

Well I'm sure the goggles discussion will be seen as the biggest controversy in speedway since Carter v Penhall by the select few on here, but seriously. Think about it.

People believe Poole are not true champion because in one ride they got a 5-1 with one rider not wearing goggles.

It's ridiculous, but I'm sure you'll enjoy the discussions!

• Like 3

Ah how nice Champagne and fireworks . Hang your head in shame Matt Ford.!

If Poole fans ever wonder why their team and promotion are disliked them then tonight's after meeting antics sum it up.

Champagne and fireworks all round as long as we win.If we don't win then stuff your champagne and fireworks,its cancelled

Charmless winners Graceless losers

Edited by New Science
  • Like 2

Well done to Poole. A superbly entertaining final over the two legs. Gutted for BV, as they've always been a favourite of mine since PC's days.

Just to draw attention away from Gogglegate, there is one aspect that is worth mentioning.

Did the BEST side win ?

The big difference between the two sides was the performance of the reserves.

Otherwise Belle Vue would have won by a stretch.

Surely situations such as this show the weakness of the NL draft, where depending on who you can get your hands on, can have a big say in claiming the title ?

Edited by Jonimac

Well done to the the Champions for the 3rd year running: POOLE PIRATES :party::party::party:

Sincere commiserations to Belle Vue.

Now all that is left is for the usual whining whingebag's to spend the entire winter moaning about those awful Poole Pirates! :rofl::rofl:

Edited by Poole Quay 7
  • Like 4

Whatever the rights & wrongs of gogglegate, both legs made that a fantastic final which was a credit to both teams and both sets of fans.

• Like 8

Ah how nice Champagne and fireworks . Hang your head in shame Matt Ford.!

Why? His team finished team and won the playoffs. End of.

First even!