British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Poole Vs The Aces For The Title

wow and still Poole fans cant get it.

ok in plain simple.

1. Newman had a problem with his goggles.

2. It is up to the referee to spot this, NOT as Starman thinks the start marshal.

3. Newman did not have the correct equipment to race a speedway bike.

4. If he had to go back to the pits then quite rightly he had to be excluded under 2 minutes.

5. The issue is wether he should recieve a penalty after the event.

So to sum up POOLE HAVE NOT CHEATED!! THE REF MISSED IT!!

First of all, I have reported you. I came on what I thought was a friendly forum and I get this insulting post after simply asking a question in regards to a ruling. There is something mentally wrong with the poster in my opinion.

Second of all, before running your mouth, put your brain in first gear and get your facts right. I am not a Poole fan. My club is sadly deceased and I watch the odd match when I get the chance.

Thirdly, it's a shame you were raised in a way where your etiquette and reading skills need some vital attention. I clearly state in my post that Newman had a problem and the referee should have excluded him but seemingly did not know the rule just like yourself at the time. Only a Sky statician happened to check the rule book I would guess as nobody seemed to care or know. Your points are totally irrelevant to any of the questions I asked and I doubt you are an ex speedway official.

Finally, I already raised the issue of why points should be deducted afterwards. Again you failed to read the post or answer the question with any kind of speedway rules or knowledge.

I suggest in future you read the posts properly instead of making unwelcoming and unintelligent comments.

On a better note, I feel sad for the Aces because I felt both teams gave it everything and neither team deserved to lose.

As I usually cheer the underdogs, I would have been pleased if the Aces had won, however as a man of principal, I also always feel that the team who top the league should win the league regardless.

Well done to both teams over the legs for the entertainment served and well done to Poole for winning by the narrowest of margins.

Edited by Joe Beevers
  • Like 2

Congratulations to Poole on winning the title. I went to both legs and it was great to see a huge crowd for Belle Vue's last meeting at the Greyhound track

They did the damage in the first leg and it was great to see the Aces fight all the way after the disastrous start on Monday.

I was proud of the team's performance and as you can imagine disappointed that we did not get the result that all Ace's fans wanted.

Onward and upward , I say.

Next year we move in to our new stadium and hopefully the beginnings of a new era.

I well remember 1967 when Dent Oliver started the training schools again and we developed a shed full of talented British riders which produced a succession of strong teams based on our own young riders that came from the training schools.

I will not object to some deja vu once we start on training schools again..... It won't be instantaneous success but will develop within a few years.

Edited by KIRKYLANE
  • Like 1

Take the two points off Newman's score on Monday, but also then take the 3 extra points Zagar was awarded for his GD ride, these joker rules have no place in league title deciders.

Outcome, Poole won fairly & squarely by 1.

• Like 1

I have not read all the comments so all I am going to say is this...............

The real winner last night was Speedway..................to be fair both teams deserved to win the title...........both teams rode their hearts out...............both teams did their level best..................like many others thought the outcome was never going to be guaranteed and it certainly kept me on the edge of my slightly uncomfortable seat in the stand...................

It was one of the best and most emotional meetings I have seen in nearly 40 years of following the sport............

Well done Poole..............but credit to Belle Vue for giving us a great meeting..........and to be honest if Poole had lost it would have been to the better team and it would not have bothered me if the Aces had won...................

Good luck to the Aces in their new home next year...........

RP

Take the two points off Newman's score on Monday, but also then take the 3 extra points Zagar was awarded for his GD ride, these joker rules have no place in league title deciders.

Why take Zagar's extra 3 points off,everybody and their dog knows that the TD is in the rule book :nono:.Whether you a for or against the TD a rule wasn't broken in that instance.

Edited by tellboy

I, and others stated Kennett was stronger than North.

The figures you have quoted prove that case.

North had been 'bang out of form'. Again his recent performances had shown that.

You were wrong. Move on.

On dear.

North had a 6.62 average start of September.

By scoring 13 points over 2 legs he has achieved his average. A rider out of form wouldn't score to their average as you, and others suggested.

So the theory is blown out the window.

Move along, nothing else to see.

• Like 1

On dear.

By scoring 13 points over 2 legs he has achieved his average.

Can anyone spot the mistake ? oh dear indeed .

Edited by orion

On dear.

By scoring 13 points over 2 legs he has achieved his average. A rider out of form wouldn't score to their average as you, and others suggested.

So the theory is blown out the window.

Move along, nothing else to see.

He didn't achieve his average over the 2 legs in actual fact he was nearly a point lower.5.76 was his average over the 2 legs :wink:

• Like 2

There must be some way that the usual conspiracy junkies can trace this back to Matt. Surely there couldn't have been a start to the decline of the standards in our league racing before he came along.

I heard he drove past the stadium three weeks before the meeting or, if not him it was someone who once met him. Sounds convincing to me.

It was Tim Sugar who put the appeal in about Peter Ravn not being listed in the BV programme,

I heard he'd been on holiday in Poole & Matt had trimmed his beard a couple of months before said meeting.

He didn't achieve his average over the 2 legs in actual fact he was nearly a point lower.5.76 was his average over the 2 legs :wink:

Not sure where u got 5.76 from?

Ludicrous.

Zagar's tactical ride was completely in accordance with the rules while Newman's ride was not. He should either have been excluded for attempting to race without goggles, which is against the published rules which all licenced officials (including riders) legally agree to abide by through taking out that licence, or he should have returned to the pits to put a pair on and accepted the two minute time allowance exclusion.

Instead he chose to cheat by racing without.

But then, he rides for Poole, so let's quietly forget it all, eh or ridicule those who point out the injustice eh? "They're all just Poole haters".

Tell you what, let's just burn the rule book and get Poole's management to make all the decisions....

I was sickened by what I saw in the abandoned Coventry v Poole league match but that's nothing top what I've seen now.

No matter how good the racing was the title's been won by a blatant cheat, recorded clearly and in full on TV.

It's either incompetence or corruption.

Has the SCB got the integrity to act?

Edited by rmc
  • Like 1

I'm sure there wasn't. You seem to be missing that this is not an issue with Poole, it's with the SCB and the referee.

But if the referee didn't see anything which clearly he didn't as he was asleep then there's no case to answer.. Maybe the SCB should have a word with the Start marshall or even Nigel Pearson.. Still you'l keep this going won't you, stop you from getting bored during those long Winter days and nights in Wales... ;)

Edited by Starman2006

Just the self imposed Poole propaganda merchant doing his best to divert the attention away from his own clubs dodgy moves during the play offs. ;)

Dodgy moves, what dodgy moves. Clearly another hung up jealous person who's clutching at straws. Why don't you join SCB in Wales for the winter, he could do with the company. Sheep get very boring after a while. apparantely he's invited Bwitcher and Gavan

Cheating is way OTT - he contravened a rule whilst trying to do the best for his club. I guess he'd had preferred to have ridden with goggles for that race, but in the heat of the moment and to avoid letting his club down lined up without them.

Out of interest, you do see riders taking goggles off mid-race, especially in tough conditions. Why has this never been picked up as contravening regulations or cheating as you like to put it before?

• Like 4