British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Poole Vs The Aces For The Title

What is it with some referees that they love to cause controversy . There are a few good ones, but unfortunately they are out numbered by the poor ones. Its the same with every sport and the best ones are those who do their job quietly and efficiently.

Everyman and his dog saw Newman having problems with his goggles, and the Ref. SHOULD have sorted it even without the need of a protest. The fact he let it go was mindless. a desertion of duty. To give an excuse like he did just highlights his uselessness.

Once the race had finished and recorded, the offence was gone. Poole didn't cheat, just another example of them benefitting from bad decisions....

The result has to stand....... End of.....

• Like 1

Pure BS. The TV coverage clearly shows Kyle tightening the cut-out lanyard immeadiately after the Start marshall took his goggles!

Earlier in the thread it was said he did take it off at the tapes which is also against the rules

Yet more rumours on facebook of riders being tested for dodgy fuel. The name mentioned isn't the one thats been mentioned on this thread though!

Cant be true, the fountain of knowledge hasn't told us on here yet!

Pure BS. The TV coverage clearly shows Kyle tightening the cut-out lanyard immeadiately after the Start marshall took his goggles!

Was it on his wrist all the time though :wink:

But the referee should know, whatever meeting it is. If a rider is at tapes messing around for a minute or so surely that should draw the referees attention...

They all mess around with their Goggles at the start.

Strange that it's gone quiet with the "get over it, suck it up, end of, Poole are Champs" posters now that lots of examples of points being deducted, (for a variety of reasons), and a result being altered, are coming out. I really hope that the SCB adhere to the rules and put some credibility back into the sport.

I thought the two legs of the final were great and it's a shame that it's been marred by this controversy. I don't really see it as some do, it's not like a goal awarded when it wasn't one, or a try. For me that's an error of judgement and/or opinion. In this case, it's a clear breach of the rules, nothing to do with the refs opinion or judgement, it's the failure of the ref to implement the rules.

I believe there was some discussion about this lanyard thing earlier and come the race he had it on (that was my understanding anyway). This is why they are needed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qtu8BiGIVA

I like how the fat bloke in the red shirt stays ice cool, chomping his pie.

The lanyard story was a made up story by a sad Smoggie fan from Redcar, who said it on FaceBook today to further wind others up. One more Tosser coming to the party.

• Like 1

Strange that it's gone quiet with the "get over it, suck it up, end of, Poole are Champs" posters now that lots of examples of points being deducted, (for a variety of reasons), and a result being altered, are coming out. I really hope that the SCB adhere to the rules and put some credibility back into the sport.

I thought the two legs of the final were great and it's a shame that it's been marred by this controversy. I don't really see it as some do, it's not like a goal awarded when it wasn't one, or a try. For me that's an error of judgement and/or opinion. In this case, it's a clear breach of the rules, nothing to do with the refs opinion or judgement, it's the failure of the ref to implement the rules.

Still the Referees problem, which ever way you look at it. But even that wouldn't satify you would it..

No it hasn't - and just because you say it doesn't make it true! :rolleyes:

There is NO controversy - the result stands - Poole are champions - end of! The referee made the mistake and the SCB only rule on ineligible riders normally - otherwise every mistake will be in front of the SCB - if the job worth brigade get their way!

Anyway - suck it up cupcake :rolleyes:

Surely the point is the final finished at heat 14 when we were six points up,heat 15 was irrelevant to the riders as the contest had finished. Do you think Janowski would have happily trundled round behind the Belle Vue riders if we had needed to win the race.

• Like 3

Which is exactly why the scb should have announced a verdict before the final.

They didn't, they havn't so end of.

They have 10 days technically. So still time for them to make a decision.

And you would be saying those exact same words if the shoe was on the other foot ;)

They have 10 days technically. So still time for them to make a decision.

As you sit by your bedside and pray... :icon_smile_clown:

And you would be saying those exact same words if the shoe was on the other foot ;)

Its done and finished, so get over it.

Edited by Starman2006

As you sit by your bedside and pray... :icon_smile_clown:

Its done and finished, so get over it.

You didn't answer my question ;)