British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

When everyone sees the teams full line ups they will think KK is a top signing. Could we get a decent foreign rider on an assessed 6pt average to complete the side? Wouldn't mind Michelsen myself even though it would leave us a bit below the limit.

As pointed out earlier, even if Kasprazak isn't the same rider as he was a few years ago, a weaker EL should still see him be a decent scorer.

I don't know where you get "years ago" he was 2nd in the world in 2014.he has had a nightmare 2015 admittedly.
  • Like 1

KK's a very loyal rider, but you have to question if KK is the same rider as a few years ago..

Same risk as Holder then

So one instance many years ago and you think a rider of his experience would let that happen now!

ONE instance...! your jokin

he missed a few actually , do ur homework ,or u got memory loss

it messed bham up well and truly

Same risk as Holder then

Yeh, fair comment.

KKs club threatened to ban him in 2010 if he rode for the Bees rather than practice in Poland. He told hem to go away and rode for the Bees. His attendance record for the Bees cannot be questioned, unlike some Poles.

guess he was unlucky to be sacked by the Bees management then! PMSFL

Several. I've seen him ride numerous tracks up and down the country. I went to 70 meetings last year. I'm one of the daft sods that pays to go and watch this stuff!

Fair enough! Plenty of true speedway supporters around thankfully.

I'm not too concerned about Howarth around Monmore, it might not rank as his favourite track but riding it regular will help. Plus he plenty of experience on all the other tracks.

KK's a very loyal rider, but you have to question if KK is the same rider as a few years ago..

World number 2 only 2 years ago! I wondered how on earth he managed it personally.

Do the Bees want to do some baking? the way I have read some comments seems like they may get a free wooden spoon

There seems to be confusion on whether Hans is on the list.

Maybe in your head there is - he is a HL! :rolleyes:

World number 2 only 2 years ago! I wondered how on earth he managed it personally.

Its a confidence thing Steve, im sure the Coventry promotion and fans will be hoping that he regains it in 0-16 :o

I think it's because he scored more points than most of the other competitors in the series, but I'll bow to your superior knowledge.

I don't know where you get "years ago" he was 2nd in the world in 2014.he has had a nightmare 2015 admittedly.

I was answering the post from Starman, it was that post that mentioned "years ago".

ONE instance...! your jokin

he missed a few actually , do ur homework ,or u got memory loss

it messed bham up well and truly

By one instance i mean't for one team when did he mess any other team about and it wasn't his fault, he did what he was told to do by his polish club.

Read what SCB said about him.

Edited by foreverblue

A great deal of thought went into this revision, the following information from the highly respected IFS may be of interest:

The current generation of pensioners is better off than ever before, and for the first time have incomes higher on average than the rest of the population, the director of the Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS) Paul Johnson will say in giving the inaugural Pensions Management Institute annual lecture later today (18.30 Tuesday 20 Oct 2015).

Johnson will set out how modelling by IFS researchers suggests that pensioners’ incomes will continue to rise for at least the next decade. However, it is unlikely that later generations will do as well. Future state pensions will be less generous on average, there has been an extraordinary fall in rates of home ownership, and, in the private sector, a collapse in membership of defined benefit occupational pension schemes. Younger generations are also likely bearing some of the cost of these generous occupational pension schemes from which they themselves will never benefit.

Johnson will also use his lecture to outline some policy priorities for making state and private pensions more stable and sustainable, for example ending the so called triple lock on the state pension and bringing stability to the taxation of private pensions.

Drawing on work by IFS researchers, Johnson will show how:

Pensioners now have higher incomes on average than the rest of the population, once housing costs and family composition are taken into account. Pensioners’ incomes have continued to rise post-recession as the incomes of working-age households have fallen.. (Cont).

No doubt there will be individuals who don't fit this general view, but our view is that a concessionary rate for seniors is no longer appropriate.

We have however made a much bigger investment in making speedway more affordable for families and juniors, and the majority of the feedback I have had so far supports this action.

If the OAP's that make up a significant proportion of Speedways demographic get the hump and decide to join the many others who have left the sport you can blame your friends at the IFS

Edited by New Science
  • Like 1

KKs club threatened to ban him in 2010 if he rode for the Bees rather than practice in Poland. He told hem to go away and rode for the Bees. His attendance record for the Bees cannot be questioned, unlike some Poles.

It seems you have more faith than Heathen Chemistry!

Edited by foreverblue