British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

The problem is instead of signing a rider who is not on the list but capable of being a heatleader, we have signed another reserve. That means that not only are we one of the weakest at reserve but also very weak in the top 5

Why do king and Buzz both have the same average but yet king is on the heatleader list and yet Buzz who rode all season as a heatleader for Leicester isn't?

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 2

not surprised poole get there way again

when will other promotion grow some BALLS

Expect lakeside to get a favourable deal aswell , as have wolves....... those 2 plus poole stitch it up

Edited by heathen chemistry

This highlights the problem even more as theres virtually no chance of our reserves doing that so some teams will be having second strings at reserves to bag a load of points. We won't..

I think Poole fans are pissin themselves laughing and well happy they didn't get him...!!!!

Sarj was averaging around 5 last season at reserve so without Garrity as his partner you would expect more, wouldn't be surprised if he's in the top 5 after 4 meetings and Woryna or King dropping to reserve. Shows how barmy the rules are this year!

Just because Horton and Coventry are crap at building teams doesn't make Poole cheats.

Very true, you only have to look at the Coventry promotion to see that they won't be making many applications to Mensa.

• Like 1

Matts to blame is he. Let me point something out to you..EVERY club starts at NIL points and can build to that limit. Now if Matt is a little shrewder and quicker off the mark than the rest of the clowns then who's fault is it ? :o

Read what people write you idiot.

He blamed all promoters including Ford.

Enjoy your title as nobody cares anymore.

Its little jumped up fools like yourself who think that all that matters is winning and sod the rest

You do let them Bees people wind you up don't you !!

I don't care what they say, what I say is true.

Cov reserves on paper are weak, that's true.

However Bates progressed this season both EL and PL so more to come IMHO.

He would have been back with Wolves if their wasn't fixture clashes, CVS confirmed that.

Sarjeant at times was as good an any other reserve but he will have a lot more responsibility next season.

With younger riders the potential for massive improvement or flopping is huge.

Read what people write you idiot.

He blamed all promoters including Ford.

Enjoy your title as nobody cares anymore.

Its little jumped up fools like yourself who think that all that matters is winning and sod the rest

You obviously care as you are once again on a Poole-related topic!! How Matt Ford - even with Wolves and Lakeside - can outvote the others, goodness only knows?!

BTW calling another poster an idiot or a jumped up fool is commenting on the poster not the post and is against forum rules!!

Hope you enjoy another holiday.

• Like 3

I think we can be fairly honest and write Coventry out of the title race next season judging by the 7 they have put together.

Woryna a is certainly one for the future but a rider with EL experience was required. Coventry go into 2016 with 4 reserves in their lineup. The two reserves, Garrity and Woryna.

Where this team will fail IMO is that when one of the reserves moves up, if indeed they get a high enough average above Garrity and Woryna, they will be replaced by one of those two at reserve, so not making much of a difference.

In the case of Poole, when Newman moves up, he will likely be replaced by Kurtz, who with due respect is a rider of higher ability than Garrity.

By allowing Garrity into the 1-5 instead of insisting he starts at reserve, the Coventry management made a right faux pas.

Still I shall be looking forward to my two trips to Brandon in 2016 for the A and B fixtures.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

You obviously care as you are once again on a Poole-related topic!! How Matt Ford - even with Wolves and Lakeside - can outvote the others, goodness only knows?!

BTW calling another poster an idiot or a jumped up fool is commenting on the poster not the post and is against forum rules!!

Perhaps a permanant one this time. He's is a nusance to this forum.. Once again trolling posters and being abusive. When will the mods end this misery.

I think Coventry's hands were tied with the Garrity situation! Let's just say there is no 'i' in team but there is in 'Garrity' ;):D

• Like 2

I think we can be fairly honest and write Coventry out of the title race next season judging by the 7 they have put together.

Woryna a is certainly one for the future but a rider with EL experience was required. Coventry go into 2016 with 4 reserves in their lineup. The two reserves, Garrity and Woryna.

Where this team will fail IMO is that when one of the reserves moves up, if indeed they get a high enough average above Garrity and Woryna, they will be replaced by one of those two at reserve, so not making much of a difference.

In the case of Poole, when Newman moves up, he will likely be replaced by Kurtz, who with due respect is a rider of higher ability than Garrity.

By allowing Garrity into the 1-5 instead of insisting he starts at reserve, the Coventry management made a right faux pas.

Still I shall be looking forward to my two trips to Brandon in 2016 for the A and B fixtures.

It could have been a case of Garrity saying, if you don't put me in the top 5 i will leave. So the promotion being a lttle sympathetic to the cause and not wanting to lose him let him have his way..

Funny that Garrity and Kurtz have similar PL averages. Garrity has more EL experience than Kurtz so is probably better prepared and how anyone can think that 2 PL #1s can be considered EL reserves is frankly laughable! :rolleyes:

• Like 3

He's actually on a Coventry topic that has somehow ended up with more Poole fans commenting than the Bees ones!

• Like 1