British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

why is something £14 within budget but £17 becomes too expensive, meetings are now normally every 2 weeks meaning 1.50 a week more

• Like 2

and the reason zetterstrom wanted the inside gate in heat 1 is..........

He thought it was unfair that the no1's went off the easier gates when they're no1's!! :D

why is something £14 within budget but £17 becomes too expensive, meetings are now normally every 2 weeks meaning 1.50 a week more

I hope that when you are an OAP, you are not counting every penny......................................................... However, using the reverse argument if the admission is only £3 less then the promotion aren't going to miss it then are they ?

Pretty blinkered view about OAP's. When people reach that point generally they have less money than at any other point in their lives. From the promotions point of view, surely it is better to have some money off them than none at all.

Having a larger crowd present adds to the atmosphere.I have followed my team since 1967, soon that will be 50 years. When I reach that stage would you prefer me to sit at home, because it was too expensive for me ?

To be fair its you who is pretty blinkered as its widely reported from the IFS and ONS that as a group OAPs have as much disposable income than working people these days and will overtake workers in that regard in future. Just shows how difficult it is for workers at this moment in time hey? Edited by woz01

Gate 2 is one of the inside gates ;):D

Yes, sorry. Just as I read it again and saw you'd said 'gates' my son came to sort my mobility scooter out so I decided to press 'Post' rather than lose the whole lot. :)

......Beowulf.......Pretty blinkered view about OAP's. When people reach that point generally they have less money than at any other point in their lives.

Cue an appearance by SCB. :lol: Don't believe that anyway myself. At that point in their lives the expensive children have left home (hopefully), the mortgage is all paid for and if necessary there is help available on almost anything.

Edited by Gemini

To be fair its you who is pretty blinkered as its widely reported from the IFS and ONS that as a group OAPs have as much disposable income than working people these days and will overtake workers in that regard in future. Just shows how difficult it is for workers at this moment in time hey?

OAP's may well have more assets than younger people but not necessarily more disposable income. However, perhaps you could give me a link to these reports, I would certainly be interested in reading them.

working/non working, everyone will go, if they really want too. One thing you notice, is, once supporters stop going, its rare they ever come back

OAP's may well have more assets than younger people but not necessarily more disposable income. However, perhaps you could give me a link to these reports, I would certainly be interested in reading them.

I'm sure the person whom posted the links may help with that, it was posted earlier in the thread. It was certainly an education for me to be honest as I originally thought the same as most.

I'm sure the person whom posted the links may help with that, it was posted earlier in the thread. It was certainly an education for me to be honest as I originally thought the same as most.

I think SCB posted the links on another thread quite a while ago.

theres also figures showing a higher number than ever before of oap's either remain in work at pension age or decide to get a part time job.....

To be fair its you who is pretty blinkered as its widely reported from the IFS and ONS that as a group OAPs have as much disposable income than working people these days and will overtake workers in that regard in future. Just shows how difficult it is for workers at this moment in time hey?

the so called quote by Professor Johnson of IFS was published in the Guardian I guess this is where our friend Nr Watson cribbed it from. Statistics can be made to reach whatever you want to prove or disprove. Ask the right questions to get your desired answer, pick the area where you want I've posh or poor you will get different answered. Brandon did No Homework at the Stadium before they made a decision on OAP's I had a go at Brandon club to Mr Horton only club in Speedway to do away with pensioners concessions will come back to bite their backside if it hasn't done so by now. We now have trouble with Students and so it goes on! Edited by abbo

Pretty blinkered view about OAP's. When people reach that point generally they have less money than at any other point in their lives. From the promotions point of view, surely it is better to have some money off them than none at all.

Having a larger crowd present adds to the atmosphere.I have followed my team since 1967, soon that will be 50 years. When I reach that stage would you prefer me to sit at home, because it was too expensive for me ?

Pretty much any report you look at shows that OAPs on average have a greater disposable income than someone under 35. For a start most have bought their home by then and that saves them on average £900 that someone under 35 is probably paying on their mortgage!

students are not the future supporters of speedway , although a few might come because its what they did with their parents at home ,most of them will leave university and head off to far flung places SCB excepted of course :lol: , approaching mr Sandhu (spit ) will achieve nothing , he is and never really was ,interested in speedway flourishing ,in fact quite the opposite ,it suits his greedy purposes if the speedway flounders because there will be less opposition to his bulldozers that way

With the future of the sport looking very gloomy I'd try and get anybody through the turnstile. I work at Coventry University and it's grown and grown over the past few years, the university is slowly taking over the city centre and will continue to grow. Coventry Blaze have some bits going on with the Uni and there is no reason why the Bees Can't. Maybe location is a problem with Brandon being so far from the city centre but what harm would some interaction with the the students be, flyers with fixtures on (then again , they just get cancelled with no explanation)

Mr Sandhu is trying to get us a new stadium, yes we want to stay but it is what it is. Without him there is no future speedway so your opinion differs to mine in the fact that he pumped lots of his cash into riders and the stadium that helped towards our titles in 05,07 & 2010. Like I have said before he could sell and that's that, I just wish he could buy other land for houses and leave our site as it is.

Pretty much any report you look at shows that OAPs on average have a greater disposable income than someone under 35. For a start most have bought their home by then and that saves them on average £900 that someone under 35 is probably paying on their mortgage!

A good many of today's OAP's who bought their own houses using endowment policies intended for paying off their mortgages, and to give them some funds for their retirement , have found themselves reaching the end of their 25 year agreement only to find that because of the poor performance of the insurance policy they have still been in debt with insufficient funds to pay off the original loan.

Hardly fits the criteria you are using for the modern day pensioner I would suggest.

Stop moaning and start saving for a deposit and get on the housing ladder then, when I was a kid; we didn't have iPhones and holidays were only considered for the extremely wealthy.

When I was 20, I had £14000 to my name through hard work and toil.