British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

Sorry to say it, but that is a total defeatist attitude, If thats how you and many other Coventry fans feel then you will go to the wall. Again you all need to make your feelings known to your promotion. Even a club share is better than no speedway at all, and no matter who that is with, you'l still have speedway.

Not exactly a lot to shout home about I'm afraid. It's a dire situation.

yeah agree, certain promoters like poole/boro will not sit on their hands, others, APPEAR too

The problem is Leicester struggled to get riders so where are we meant to get them from?

Sorry to say it, but that is a total defeatist attitude, If thats how you and many other Coventry fans feel then you will go to the wall. Again you all need to make your feelings known to your promotion. Even a club share is better than no speedway at all, and no matter who that is with, you'l still have speedway.

Coventry are going to the wall, not the fault of the fans.

They're being delivered a poor product and the best way to show unhappiness is to not pay for it.

If you keep paying and make your feeling known to the promotion they won't care because you keep coming back.

Everyone was warned when Horton took over and I believe it was part of the Sandhu's grand plan to drive the club to the wall.

Easier for planning then, especially when he said Horton was the most fit for purpose to take over.

Assume the other potential owners at the time were drug dealer's or something if that was the best option.

• Like 2

every EL club is struggling to find the riders , we all know how the EL just isnt on the riders priority list anymore

shared number ones was mentioned by the muppet show the other nite

i dont think that is the answer where are all these number ones gonnna come from ? 8 clubs = 16 number ones, --- leicester carnt even get one number one

what the riders will do if they bring that rule in is just put there asking price so high no-one will afford them

Edited by heathen chemistry

They're being delivered a poor product and the best way to show unhappiness is to not pay for it.

If you keep paying and make your feeling known to the promotion they won't care because you keep coming back.

Everyone was warned when Horton took over and I believe it was part of the Sandhu's grand plan to drive the club to the wall.

Easier for planning then, especially when he said Horton was the most fit for purpose to take over.

Assume the other potential owners at the time were drug dealer's or something if that was the best option.

Exactly why I won't be attending anymore unless a change is made.

But its the fans who can still make there feelings known to the promotion. Thats why i say a club share would benifit them. I know, and every Coventry fan will know, its not ideal, but they would still have speedway.

Then perhaps maybe, just maybe if the promotion are really interested in saving the club they have time to do something. But to me, in the short term a club share has to be favorite.

Edited by Starman2006

But its the fans who can still make there feelings known to the promotion. Thats why i say a club share would benifit them. I know, and every Coventry fan will know, its not ideal, but they would still have speedway.

Then perhaps maybe, just maybe if the promotion are really interested in saving the club they have time to do something. But to me, in the short term a club share has to be favorite.

They won't listen, they just hide away because of the abuse they will get if they show there face.

They won't listen, they just hide away because of the abuse they will get if they show there face.

, They still have to show themselves on a race night, surely.. I know many fans have said we have been through that, but unless you carry on they will just drift away. At some point, your promotion will have to make statements.

Edited by Starman2006

, They still have to show themselves on a race night, surely.. I know many fans have said we have been through that, but unless you carry on they will just drift away. At some point, your promotion will have to make statements.

Three heats against Swindon, then they hid away never to be seen again. Havy was the only one who was there.

Edited by Game On

Must say I was thinking along these lines. It has just taken longer than expected.

Must say I was thinking along these lines. It has just taken longer than expected.

Well it's soon coming to a swift conclusion

i dont consider him to be a 7.5 rider anymore,

He's a 6pt rider as a hl and probably a 8-9pt rider as 2nd string so I'd say 7.5 is about right given at bees he would likely spend relatively even amounts of time in each position.

Calm down. I wasn't talking about comparisons with an 8 point rider. I was simply making a point that MPT is one of those riders who is enjoyable to watch and reliable in the sense that you know he will always give his all. Every team needs 4/5 point riders and I would always choose one who always gives his best. I wasn't suggesting he is the answer to Coventry's problem just making a general comment in relation to the posts above mine.

I'm not sure teams need 4-5 pt riders in this format. They need riders who can score that as a hl, but post7-8 as a 2nd string. Only the very weakest riders average under 5 in the current El.

By staying away, you're making it easier for the place to close, without looking for a new site, showing it has lack of support is not the way to go....

It's better to protest when you are there (Brandon) in numbers, passion in numbers (big numbers) is the way forward....

For instance, how about every home supporter in the stadium turns their backs on a race or two... Stuff like that, petitions, banners etc. By just not going, you make it so much easier for the place to be closed, or promoters to not invest in replacement riders, extra shale, not paint the kerb, shoddy track prep, you are playing right into the developers hands etc......

• Like 3

By staying away, you're making it easier for the place to close, without looking for a new site, showing it has lack of support is not the way to go....

It's better to protest when you are there (Brandon) in numbers, passion in numbers (big numbers) is the way forward....

For instance, how about every home supporter in the stadium turns their backs on a race or two... Stuff like that, petitions, banners etc. By just not going, you make it so much easier for the place to be closed, or promoters to not invest in replacement riders, extra shale, not paint the kerb, shoddy track prep, you are playing right into the developers hands etc......

A protest against the promoters is melodramatic. We're riding poorly, but with a team that Darcy Ward and other speedway star 'experts' said would make the Playoffs.

A protest against the stadium owners (whoever they are?) who are letting the place fall down around our ears would be more appropriate.

The Bees have had bad teams before, under all of their promoters and in many instances those former promoters also failed to address team issues that resulted in poor seasons on the track.

A lot of our fans actually delight in the team performing poorly, so they have a ready made excuse not to go and they can save another few quid to line their coffins with.