British Speedway Forum

Great move! Hall at reserve round Owlerton should clean up. Last year was half a season at a club he quickly didnt want to be at. At Sheffield he'll be a trump card. And if he isn't, unlike Machin, this promo will ring the changes.

• Like 3

Great move! Hall at reserve round Owlerton should clean up. Last year was half a season at a club he quickly didnt want to be at. At Sheffield he'll be a trump card. And if he isn't, unlike Machin, this promo will ring the changes.

He didn't want to be at Berwick? where are you getting this information from? Because as far as I'm aware everytime I spoke to him and his family they loved it... No Castagna back then as well

So we stand with (assuming Simon is to be No1):-

1. Stead 10.41

2. Bates 5.58 5.41

3. Garrity 8.46

6. Hall 4.04

7. Greaves 3.00

Total 31.49 31.32 - Available 11.01 11.18

So what's the permutations for the last 2 places?

Bellego (5.98) +5.03 5.20..... Sarjeant/Aspegren??

Not sure of any reductions in averages to make the available points different to what I calculated - now edited showing deductions

Edited by DAVEK

See the promotors are still talking about Stead being in the team next year. Big gamble after the injuries he sustained at Rye House and on such a high average, fine if he's the Simon Stead who started this year, but that's doubtful. Might be better to take the route of having strength in depth, look at the riders who appear to be available that would fit - Jorgensen, Covatti, Bellego. They've already taken a risk in signing Hall, great if he gets some good machinery and gives up the long track commitment, bad if he's the rider I saw at Owlerton several times this year! The post about him being there until Sissis is fit is an interesting one!

Whatever the team is I'll be there next year, watching whatever the management have seen fit to spend their money on.

james cockle makes a comeback to the tigers, pushing hall into the 2nd string position . not a good move by Sheffield . in marraland he looked ok , but wasn't .. needs .to find good form and fast , otherwise game over .

yea i know we have adam ,but he has more potential than hall .

Edited by jenga

A reminder to Tigers fans that the first of the monthly STAARS gatherings this closed season will be tonight at the New Barrack Tavern Pub on Penistone Road, Sheffield (0.5 mile south of Owlerton Stadium) from 7:30pm.

As always it's a chance for Tigers fans, riders and management to catch up, have a chat and a few drinks and hear any news/updates from the club during the silly season.

All are welcome !!!

A big mistake by the promoters ( Has Mr Machin come back). Why would you sign Hall he is a step backwards. Imo he will never reach the level that he once had a 7/8 average.

• Like 1

A big mistake by the promoters ( Has Mr Machin come back). Why would you sign Hall he is a step backwards. Imo he will never reach the level that he once had a 7/8 average.

In fairness, I don't think that he was brought into the team for that reason. A fit Sissis would probably have seen this move not happening......

Anybody on a 4 point average is a bit of a gamble anyway. Who would you have put in?

Personally think the Hall signing is great. I've never been his biggest fan, but at reserve and on that average I can't see the negative. As previously mentioned, he only needs to score his average away and he's almost number 1 quality round Ollerton.

As for stead he's come back from big injuries before and was unbeaten at home last season and scoring big away. He's been back in the gym for months I can't see any reason why he can't do it again.

I think the teams shaping up well and look forward to who the promotion will add to complete the septet.

Edited by Friddy75
  • Like 1

If Neil Machin still had anything to do with Sheffield speedway you'd not see Richard Hall back after he was sacked in 2013!
  • Like 2

I think Hall is a solid signing on that average. Running at reserve he should easily get 5/6 every week at home and if he gets 3/4 away you will be just fine. Obviously he is going to bang in some big scores too. Should beat all the number 7's & plenty of opposite 6's

• Like 1

Exactly. Hall on a 4 is a steal for Sheffield. Win at home. In the pastHall was a disappointment only because he was used as a heat leader and didn't score his average away. As a reserve he should do OK. Nobody but the disillusioned are expecting him to be a 7 / 8 pointer. If he scores 7 or 8 at home and even 3 or 4 away he'll have done his job.

Edited by Stan Duppcomic
  • Like 1

But at Halls starting average, and with his position at reserve, he wont have to get to a 7/8pt average to be a good signing.

• Like 1