British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle 2016

TBH. I can really see this Diamonds side with the inclusion of Kus being quite literally a click and we crush you bunch against most of this season's PL teams. Remember this time last year when most of the controversy concerned whether Stevie had an inflated average and would be found lacking. If it proves to be Kus I only hope he proves to be equally 'lacking' :wink:

• Like 2

I take your point but I see Kus as a decent signing for Newcastle, and after all he comes with a seven point plus average so he must've been doing something right especially with the way averages are calculated now. IMO Kus is very much a confidence rider, give him some support, get his confidence up and you will have the kind of rider Berwick had a couple of seasons ago where he went from reserve to the No1 place.

Spot on Screm, Kus had a cracking season with us. And he was consistent. He also won a lot of crucial heats late on, many when he was still at reserve.

• Like 1

Cant help but think that we will only ever see his best when he is properly managed. Successful at Berwick and was a very good guest for us last season. Just remove the negative part of the equation and he scores points en masse. Keeping with the Bandits connection- is he doing pretty much exactly what Charlie Gjedde did in an effort to move on?

Cant help but think that we will only ever see his best when he is properly managed. Successful at Berwick and was a very good guest for us last season. Just remove the negative part of the equation and he scores points en masse. Keeping with the Bandits connection- is he doing pretty much exactly what Charlie Gjedde did in an effort to move on?

I think that Berwick fans think that Charlie didn't ride to his true ability whilst employed to ride for the Bandits. They seemed pleased to be rid of him. In the case for Kus, he wants away from Redcar and put in for an official transfer away from them. He has been a popular rider at both Berwick and Redcar despite his earlier inconsistencies.

• Like 1

I don't really know what the nitty gritty of the Kus transfer is but I suspect it is financial with us offering X pounds and Havelock wanting X plus more! Just how much is the balance?? I do not know and It is no-ones business apart from the two promotions what the figures are. I suspect it will not be thousands of pounds so are we in stalemate for the sake of of few hundred quid?

I have already said I don't particulary want Matej Kus as I think he will frustrate us at times but if he is now the best available, a 7 plus rider then we need to get him signed and give Havvy his pound of flesh unless we are so skint we can't pay more. I would love to know how much/what the financial stumbling block is.

Speaking of Brian Havelock do you remember him and Graeme Stapleton coming to blows at Brough! I blamed hot headed Stape at the time for the punch up but maybe Havvy asked for it and hasn't improved his attitude since

Edited by dantodan
  • Like 1

I don't really know what the nitty gritty of the Kus transfer is but I suspect it is financial with us offering X pounds and Havelock wanting X plus more! Just how much is the balance?? I do not know and It is no-ones business apart from the two promotions what the figures are. I suspect it will not be thousands of pounds so are we in stalemate for the sake of of few hundred quid?

I have already said I don't particulary want Matej Kus as I think he will frustrate us at times but if he is now the best available, a 7 plus rider then we need to get him signed and give Havvy his pound of flesh unless we are so skint we can't pay more. I would love to know how much/what the financial stumbling block is.

Speaking of Brian Havelock do you remember him and Graeme Stapleton coming to blows at Brough! I blamed hot headed Stape at the time for the punch up but maybe Havvy asked for it and hasn't improved his attitude since

Perhaps it is time the powers that be set prices for the sale of a rider, x amount for a 3 to 5 ave , x amount for a 6 to 7 ave and a final price for an 8 and above . It would certainly stop all the stupidity of as asking 20k for a rider knowing nobody would pay it in the first place,

Edited by To The Point

Perhaps it is time the powers that be set prices for the sale of a rider, x amount for a 3 to 5 ave , x amount for a 6 to 7 ave and a final price for an 8 and above . It would certainly stop all the stupidity of as asking 20k for a rider knowing nobody would pay it in the first place,

But wouldn't the price of an 18 year old with a 6 average be far higher than a 38 year old with a 6 average? It can't be that clear cut.

One minute you say it`s no-ones business apart from the 2 promotions what the figures are-and in the next breath say you would love to know how much/what the stumbling block is !!!!!!

But wouldn't the price of an 18 year old with a 6 average be far higher than a 38 year old with a 6 average? It can't be that clear cut.

You are right, however a free for all is not helpful. When a club puts a figure of 20k plus on a 7 point PL rider, it's not about the money, it's about blocking the rider from wanting to move to another club. A simple financial system as part of the rules needs to be impemented, perhaps a sub group on the BSPA to set the price for a rider.

You are right, however a free for all is not helpful. When a club puts a figure of 20k plus on a 7 point PL rider, it's not about the money, it's about blocking the rider from wanting to move to another club. A simple financial system as part of the rules needs to be impemented, perhaps a sub group on the BSPA to set the price for a rider.

Or maybe just a bit of common sense.

In Speedway :shock::shock:

Well they`ve tried just about everything else with varying degrees of success so they might as well give it a bash, you never know it might just work. :o

Bottom line Havvy is just being a plonker,if Kus is not wanting to ride for Redcar what's the point of slapping a transfer on him when virtually every other team in the league just agree loan fees .Dont see other promotions doing him any favours regarding riders if that is always going to be his attitude.

What is it now though, about 11 weeks until the start of the season, at what point do English et al just say f**k it and move to option B assuming they have one. I agree with most Havelock is just being a prick and he has form for this. Hopefully it gets sorted soon and we get what we want.

Edited by diamond@heart