British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

Kent Kings 2016

I remember seeing Charles wright at Buxton when he was 15 I think.altho he's no world beater he's turning into a decent pl rider.saw him at Somerset this year pull off some amazing moves and thought back to 10 years ago or so at Buxton .better than watching johnny foreigner who means nothing to anyone

• Like 1

Boxall at his best and on good machinery is good enough for number 2 or 4 in the EL. Absolute Kent legend and a must have in our side at any level above NL.

Problem is he hasn't been at his best..

A successful team needs a good blend of experience and young riders who are on the way up in the Speedway world and are eager to improve.

Problem is he hasn't been at his best..

A successful team needs a good blend of experience and young riders who are on the way up in the Speedway world and are eager to improve.

Its also good to have local riders & Boxall was born and lives within 30 mins of the track.

Everyone knows he is not the best at the mechanical side of speedway but he is a 100% racer & has posted something like 7 out of the top 10 race times + the track record at Kent.

Lambo reached his level?! He is arguably PB rider of the year lol.

On a five point average, which is about the best he has ever achieved in 10+ years of racing. Spending a year as the Kings number one and beating NL riders at home is all well and good but Lambert is not a small track rider generally. Stick him in the Kent team as a reserve and he'll be struggling to score upwards of two at home.

Boxall at his best and on good machinery is good enough for number 2 or 4 in the EL. Absolute Kent legend and a must have in our side at any level above NL.

No way, as someone who has watched most of Boxall's career his ship has sailed. For many years we've thought "Steve's gonna do well this year if he's got some good bikes" and it never happens. As a reserve he could do a job, a better one than Lambert IMO. But In the interests of the draft being used to improve young/inexperienced British riders I'd be annoyed to see his name on the draft list for next year.

It may sound harsh but it's got to be about building a winning team, not giving the old guard another go two divisions up from when they last wore a Kings race jacket.

Morley/Shanes/Ayres at number 7 keeps the link and utilises a rider that can develop further in their career while keeping the NL side means riders can be developed and over time the Kings may be tracking a side containing 3+ riders who have raced for them from the bottom up.

Has sittingbourne still got 5 turns lol

Your 5 thinking of Iwade mate, the training track a couple of miles up the road.

Your 5 thinking of Iwade mate, the training track a couple of miles up the road.

Such an expert that he doesn't know the difference between Central Park and Iwade.....Laughable.

Well i'd pay good money to watch Boxall any day when they have a helmet on who cares how old they are lets face it bringing a succesion'young' through has hardly made the UK world beaters. We are relying on the likes of Hans Anderson, Peter Karlson, Greg Walasek to keep our EL going. Even Jason Doyle had 'reached his level' and should have been left for dead but now look. Who would have thought top 6 in the GP at 30. Shock horror

Edited by TMW
  • Like 3

If Britain is going to get back to the top then it needs to breed a batch of young talented riders who will go on to be world class. At present , we allow young European riders to get valuable experience in the PL and EL which allows them to develop in to world class riders.

It is time to reverse this and give our lads a better chance.

I agree Britain has had a thin time of it lately.... but is time to change this.

• Like 1

No he didn't confirm that! He said the aim is to run both in the EL and PL but clearly stated that, "it's not yet cast in stone."

i thought it was E.L. & N.L. ?

i thought it was E.L. & N.L. ?

So did I

So did I

It is.......take no notice of the poster, he has his own agenda.

It was, think it's just NL again now.

Edit: Having just read the Roger Cearns article in Speedway Star it seems that not only were Lakeside not the only EL team looking into moving to Kent but there are other prospective EL promoters, so ignore my previous comment!

Edited by Alan Jones

No agenda on my part, purely and simply my typing finger pressing a P instead of an N by mistake! :oops:

• Like 1

No agenda on my part, purely and simply my typing finger pressing a P instead of an N by mistake! :oops:

Bryn used to have an agenda but it ran off with his life :wink:

Edited by rmc
  • Like 1

How will the welcomed decision by Lakeside Hammers to continue in the EL in 2016 affect the suggested interest of Kent Kings applying for Elite League status - especially as it was suggested Kings would race on Fridays?