British Speedway Forum

would add that in an international pairs/tea, meeting, i would always back NZ then England, but would still want my favoured riders to do well.

Same when Larry Ross got moved to Halifax, when Aces met the Dukes I would want Aces to win but with Ross scoring a maximum for the opposition.

I remember going to USA verses England in the 80's and the support for US riders was increadiable!

I remember going to USA verses England in the 80's and the support for US riders was increadiable!

That happened at Swindon as well, when we had test matches against the USA, because we had a couple of American riders many were supporting them and not the Brits.

That happened at Swindon as well, when we had test matches against the USA, because we had a couple of American riders many were supporting them and not the Brits.

I never quite got that. I used to go to big events at Coventry, the old overseas final's etc and the amount of support American's got (mainly from the females) always baffled me.

Edited by TheReturn

I remember a England vs Denmark vs USA vs maybe Australia? (not sure if we were called team GB then - it was on 91-93 era!) and was held at Coventry and all the Coventry fans were cheering Denmark cos they rode for Coventry! It was like a World Cup 4TT thing and as England/GB were miles behind in last place I started cheering for USA (well I was only 11/12 at the time! Plus I wanted to annoy Coventry fans even at that age lol!!)

I remember a England vs Denmark vs USA vs maybe Australia? (not sure if we were called team GB then - it was on 91-93 era!) and was held at Coventry and all the Coventry fans were cheering Denmark cos they rode for Coventry! It was like a World Cup 4TT thing and as England/GB were miles behind in last place I started cheering for USA (well I was only 11/12 at the time! Plus I wanted to annoy Coventry fans even at that age lol!!)

No change there then!! ;)

• Like 1

No change there then!! ;)

Lol, I know! :D Why change a habit of a lifetime. Plus it's fun!!! ;):D

I support GB and GB riders in any event. I like my clubs riders to do well but not over any Brit.

• Like 2

I thought this topic was Poole 2016 not the Tai Woffinden show!

• Like 1

Lol, I know! :D Why change a habit of a lifetime. Plus it's fun!!! ;):D

not as much fun as last night ... :lol:

What's with all the doom and gloom. We went from pretty much bottom to win the thing in 2013. But just as fun because of all the doom and gloom i'm going to do my version of the 2016 team and for when we come 8th our 2017 team. Just a bit of fun on the forum.

1. H.Andersen

2. B.Kurtz

3. S. Pawlicki

4. K.Buczkowski

5. A.Lindback

6. A.Ellis

7. K.Newman

8. M.Drabik

2017 this is the fun one

1. M.Janowski

2. B.Kurtz

3. S.Pawlicki

4. K.Gomólski

5. P.Dudek

6. A.Ellis

7. J.Holder= They change the rule due to lack of young UK riders and J.Holder come's in at 7. Now anyone U21 can ride at reserve.

8. M. Drabik

No place for H.Andersen due to scores and C.Holder signs for King's Lynn due to NKI not racing in the UK. Just a bit of fun as probably the youngest Poole fan on here considering I am still at school.

Edited by poolebolton

Hahahaha one bad result and 2017 getting spoke about :lol:

• Like 1

Hahahaha one bad result and 2017 getting spoke about :lol:

Even though i've been a Poole fan for less amount of time compared to most people, it was just a joke don't worry. Ages to go in this season.