British Speedway Forum

on the face of it sounds very good news for the dogs and speedway,however it would need to involve a housing development on part of the site to finance the stadium improvements thats where it can all get a bit tense.

links ok skidder just need to click on "sport" or "speedway" on that echo page

I thought the council owned the land the stadium is on, so wouldn't they get the last word rather than Stadia UK?!! 😌

neither can do anything without the others agreement,thats why hes saying there is a lot of dialogue reqd between stadia uk and council ,they both want to build flats on the site,tho for different reasons ,so they will agree in the end

I thought the council owned the land the stadium is on, so wouldn't they get the last word rather than Stadia UK?!!

They do.

Sorry for some reason the link isn't working - probably something I've done wrong, so I've edited my earlier post, but have to go out now so............

Did you go anywhere nice ? :wink::)

Could whoever does the EL table on the updates site please give Poole their correct points??

They have 7 x 3 point wins = 21 + an away draw 2 points + 1 point for losing away by 6 points or less = 24 not 19!!!!

The table was updated on 7th July and still we only have 19 points. I have a calculator they can borrow if they are having trouble with their adding up!!!

Just use the official EL table on BSPA website.

• Like 1

Poole today complete the 'not entirely unsurprising' full signing of Jack Holder from Plymouth with a view to 2017 (subject to any AGM rule changes).

He may get some EL experience this season in a loan, doubling-up deal?!

Edited by Skidder1

Poole today complete the 'not entirely unsurprising' full signing of Jack Holder from Plymouth with a view to 2017 (subject to any AGM rule changes).

He may get some EL experience this season in a loan, doubling-up deal?!

Lets hope he comes up to the expectations that were bestowed on Brady Kurtz at the beginning of this season. I am not seeing what was expected of BK and I am sure there are others with the same view as me ! He was No 1 at Somerset and was always a step in front of Paul Starke which was not the case in last nights match V Lakeside and in my eyes, he is a shadow of his former self at Poole and Plymouth from what he was at Somerset. Did he make the move upwards to early ?

Edited by Aroundtheboards
  • Like 1

Lets hope he comes up to the expectations that were bestowed on Brady Kurtz at the beginning of this season. I am not seeing what was expected of BK and I am sure there are others with the same view as me !

Let me say this nicely for you. There is not a Poole fan who had any expectations of Brady this season. This is a learning curve season so i would get your facts right first..

Let me say this nicely for you. There is not a Poole fan who had any expectations of Brady this season. This is a learning curve season so i would get your facts right first..

Did he actually say Poole fans? I think a fair few number of people expected a little bit more , as for the youngest Holder he is another who hasnt quite hit the heady heights expected even after just a season and a half and i believe 2017 is a little early for him as talented as he undoubtedly is

• Like 1

Did he actually say Poole fans? I think a fair few number of people expected a little bit more , as for the youngest Holder he is another who hasnt quite hit the heady heights expected even after just a season and a half and i believe 2017 is a little early for him as talented as he undoubtedly is

Anybody outside Poole is entitled to their opinion. But there is not a Poole fan that expected much from Brady this season.

Jack is doing just fine, he will come into his own when he starts riding for us on a regular basis.

Edited by Starman2006

Really impressed by Jack Holder the one time I've seen him race, at the truncated World U21 qualifier at Belle Vue earlier this season, was quick on that occasion. Looked quite a prospect on that showing.

Another good example of longer term planning from MF. He's always thinking/planning a couple of years ahead of any other promoter!! :t::wink: