British Speedway Forum
dump that clutch

Swindon 2016 - A New Era Starts...we Thought..

Wells has reached his level and for me is a bit like Thorssell ( who I like) a bit of a homer.Tungate is capable of much better he has kicked on and he could go up a level his results in Aussie have been good.Whenever i have seen Rohan the speed has been there worth a punt i believe.

Wells is still improving EL and PL.

Jacob has maintained the past 2 seasons and finished as Wolves number one last year!

Despite what I've read above, the boy has improvement yet to be seen in this country. He had a strong end to last season at several big meetings on the continent. He beat Chris Harris three times on the same afternoon in Czecho, and it took Kildemand 5 laps to get past him as well.Then the following evening he beat Supper Nicki and Dudek in Prague. Theres plenty to get out of the locker, perhaps Rosco is the man for the job?

• Like 1

Not sure he's ridden too much at Blunsdon. I've seen him at Somerset several times. Last season he posted a very decent 16 points and looked very fast. Diminutive rider, dare I say it, he reminds me of Mike Keen! ;)

Tungate is one of those frustrating riders; when he's good, he's very good. When he's bad, he can be incredibly frustrating. He had a couple of pitiful away showings last season @ Sheffield and Glasgow from memory.

Did seem to get some good engines under him towards the end of last season, so think his home form will be okay once dialled in, he may well be a mixed bag away from home though. Can be prone to a strop or 12, so he and Rosco will either get on perfectly, or there will be fireworks!

• Like 1

Wells is still improving EL and PL.

Jacob has maintained the past 2 seasons and finished as Wolves number one last year!

Do you think Wells has improved? for me he is a steady Eddie sort no more.Thorssell i like a lot if he can improve his away form he can push on i think there is a very good rider in there somewhere.
  • Like 2

I am surprised there are only 2 clashes

25 March: Poole v Swindon (EL 'A') & Somerset v Plymouth (Easter Challenge), and

19 August: Belle Vue v Swindon (EL 'B') & Edinburgh v Somerset (PL)

Potential clash: 01 July: Coventry v Swindon (EL 'B') & Somerset v Peterborough (PL KOC QF) - dependent on Somerset progressing from Round 1

(On the dates that Swindon are due at Lakeside, 22 Apr & 17 Jun, Somerset are currently showing Reserved dates.)

Edited by macca56
  • Like 1

Somerset have first call on Tungate and Wright. There are 2 fixture clashes. That is according to Rosco on the Swindon Speedway Facebook group.

Sadly one is against Belle vue on the 19th Aug.Somerset are away at Edinburgh.Was looking forward to this meeting as Swindon on paper imo look to be one of the stronger teams and should have been one of the better meetings.Its not the same when a team has to use 2 guests :sad:.

25 March: Poole v Swindon (EL 'A') & Somerset v Plymouth (Easter Challenge), and

19 August: Belle Vue v Swindon (EL 'B') & Edinburgh v Somerset (PL)

Potential clash: 01 July: Coventry v Swindon (EL 'B') & Somerset v Peterborough (PL KOC QF) - dependent on Somerset progressing from Round 1

(On the dates that Swindon are due at Lakeside, 22 Apr & 17 Jun, Somerset are currently showing Reserved dates.)

I think the meeting on the 25th at Poole is at midday and Somerset is in the evening so no clash there

• Like 2

I think the meeting on the 25th at Poole is at midday and Somerset is in the evening so no clash there

Yes, good point Alexander, I missed the 12:00 start time.

(At least with Rohan being signed up you don't have to worry about changing your profile picture again for a while.)

• Like 1

Swindon will have priority with Josh & Stefan & Somerset have with Charles & Rohan.

Slightly disappointed as feel there are better riders than Rohan but understand the economics of the signing.

Tungate is the type of rider that will either win you a meeting or lose it for you. Very fast in front and I think the bigger track with less sharp bends will help him greatly. He does seem to have troubles turning on small tight tracks though. Having said all that, worth a punt in my opinion.

Whats the track at the new stadium going to be size wise?

Tungate is the type of rider that will either win you a meeting or lose it for you. Very fast in front and I think the bigger track with less sharp bends will help him greatly. He does seem to have troubles turning on small tight tracks though. Having said all that, worth a punt in my opinion.

Whats the track at the new stadium going to be size wise?

It is difficult to work out the size from the pictures seen, but it seems to have decent wide sweeping bends. Anyway it should not matter with Rohan as it is unlikely it will be ready in 2016.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

Oh I thought it was gonna be ready half way though this season.

That was what we kept being told, but the council have still not yet signed off the planning consent.

Do you think Wells has improved? for me he is a steady Eddie sort no more.Thorssell i like a lot if he can improve his away form he can push on i think there is a very good rider in there somewhere.

He has because his average has improved in both leagues but he is very much a slow climber.

Jacob despite ending both the last 2 seasons as a heat leader is really a second string but likewise he needs to improve away and gain more consistency.