British Speedway Forum
dump that clutch

Swindon 2016 - A New Era Starts...we Thought..

PK could have a big season in the series well capable ER what do you think.?Remember when he rode for Worky i liked him and fair play to Rosco did he give him his first chance at Coventry .guest booking's ( ect)

Reckon he's going to be in the mix for sure Sidders. He's a fine rider. He just needs to cut out the falls whilst miles in front. How does he do that so often is my question. Does he lose concentration? Can't ever think of the likes of Olsen, Mauger, Rickardsson and Hancock doing it.

I reckon PK has done this maybe half a dozen times, and that's just riding for Swindon!

Something else I've noted with PK is that there has been an element of 'diving' which seems to have crept into his riding.

Reckon he's going to be in the mix for sure Sidders. He's a fine rider. He just needs to cut out the falls whilst miles in front. How does he do that so often is my question. Does he lose concentration? Can't ever think of the likes of Olsen, Mauger, Rickardsson and Hancock doing it.

Used to happen to Ermolenko quite frequently from memory

Power to Debbie Hancock!!!!! :wink::wink::wink:[/quote

Doyle's appearance at Somerset along with a pretty much full strength Robins line up will put a couple of hundred more on the gate. Plus PK racing at the OTA should be mustard to watch.

As a Somerset fan all I can say is it would have been very disappointing if Doyle and Morris hadn't been there. I am however disappointed, Doyle especially, agreed to it in the first place, seeing as he still is Mr. Somerset to us.

Edited by Brummie Rebel
  • Like 1

I think Grachan has summed it up well on the Lynn thread, all parties at fault in some way and common sense has prevailed ultimately. Its just another episode which makes British Speedway look amateurish though which is a shame as the season hasn't even started yet.

Perfectly put GB. Speedway can still be a tremendous sport but it is run so badly at almost all levels. It is interesting to compare the promotional efforts of your ice hockey Wildcats and the speedway, the Wildcats seem so on the ball. A shame then my local team is Bracknell :cry:

Seriously hope the Robins get a grip and start promoting the sport far more. This confusion over March 18 makes them look incompetent and it is a bad build up to a season where the EL may struggle to hold on to even 8 teams.

• Like 1

Used to happen to Ermolenko quite frequently from memory

Sudden Sam also took the odd, seemingly needless spill at Hull in 1999. Brilliant to watch when he stayed on his bike and was 'on it' though....

How the hell can you accuse Buster of trying to take Doyle when Rosco said it was fine? Think it's more a case of someone at Swindon cocking up! How can you not realise that you have a meeting on that date and allow another team to use their rider?!!

Only have Chapmans word on that though...looks like a lot of spin coming from your end not to mention hot air being blown from your rear ends..i think it's a case of the big supremo and saviour of British Speedway who has cocked up here and is merely trying to cover his own end...what a ghastly thought.

Perfectly put GB. Speedway can still be a tremendous sport but it is run so badly at almost all levels. It is interesting to compare the promotional efforts of your ice hockey Wildcats and the speedway, the Wildcats seem so on the ball. A shame then my local team is Bracknell :cry:

Seriously hope the Robins get a grip and start promoting the sport far more. This confusion over March 18 makes them look incompetent and it is a bad build up to a season where the EL may struggle to hold on to even 8 teams.

And another one believing the spin coming out of KL's direction but then i'd expect that from a Reading fan...

I'd say its pretty clear that Lynn, Swindon and Doyle are all at fault in part. Communication was obviously not great for things to get as far as they did and the lack of an outspoken press release from Rosco to in reply to Lynn's once Doyle had withdrawn suggests they knew all along. As has been said common sense has prevailed and we'll probably never know the crux of what went on so I don't think there is any real value in posturing, mud slinging and oneupmanship.

• Like 2

Only have Chapmans word on that though...looks like a lot of spin coming from your end not to mention hot air being blown from your rear ends..i think it's a case of the big supremo and saviour of British Speedway who has cocked up here and is merely trying to cover his own end...what a ghastly thought.

And another one believing the spin coming out of KL's direction but then i'd expect that from a Reading fan...

haha, some are so gullible.

Both Morris and Doyle have confirmed they were given permission to ride at Lynn. Swindon have said they have 'recalled' riders.. you don't 'recall' someone you never gave permission to ride elsewhere.

Well done Swindon fans though, you've managed to p*** off your riders before the season has even started :)

All for a meaningless meet that 99% of those Swindon fans whinging won't be attending.

haha, some are so gullible.

Both Morris and Doyle have confirmed they were given permission to ride at Lynn. Swindon have said they have 'recalled' riders.. you don't 'recall' someone you never gave permission to ride elsewhere.

Well done Swindon fans though, you've managed to p*** off your riders before the season has even started :)

All for a meaningless meet that 99% of those Swindon fans whinging won't be attending.

Very odd how you seem to imply that the Swindon riders should have ridden at King's Lynn and ride in "a meaningless meet" when you have already conceded that the King's Lynn meeting was equally "meaningless".

No point in letting honesty get in the way of a good stir-up is there?

It was the Somerset fans and promotion that I was caring more about since I expect they were all looking forward to seeing Jason Doyle around the OTA again. I forget, the needs of the PL are irrelevant to you highly-superior Elite League supporters.

Anyway, isn't all sport ultimately meaningless? I'd have thought a good night out seeing how your side copes against higher league opposition and seeing the former number one again would be enough 'meaning' for a first meeting of the year.

"Meaningless" - the cancer of modern speedway.

'Meaningless' second halves

'Meaningless' match races

'Meaningless' pairs events

'Meaningless' fours

'Meaningless' individuals

'Meaningless' test matches

'Meaningless' cup ties

'Meaningless' league matches

'Meaningless' speedway?

So, we gradually eat away at the sport with cynicism to achieve.....what?

Edited by rmc

I've not said they should have rode in the other meet at all.

I've simply stated they clearly wanted to ride in the other meet and have been prevented from doing so by a bunch of fans, the vast majority of which won't be attending the Somerset meeting anyway.

By the way, I totally agree with you that it was the Somerset fans who were going to be missing out.

This may be normal for planning issues, but there are issues re the amount of parking spaces and movement of vehicles and people at the proposed stadium.

http://pa1.swindon.gov.uk/publicaccess/files/6F0CA6A306087CFDB17CE9C15A5B8D83/pdf/S_RES_16_0036-HIGHWAYS_COMMENTS_-_26-02-16-523462.pdf

Edited by A ORLOV

This may be normal for planning issues, but there are issues re the amount of parking spaces and movement of vehicles and people at the proposed stadium.

http://pa1.swindon.gov.uk/publicaccess/files/6F0CA6A306087CFDB17CE9C15A5B8D83/pdf/S_RES_16_0036-HIGHWAYS_COMMENTS_-_26-02-16-523462.pdf

Just tried to read that Orlovski but it says "this document is unavailable for viewing at the moment" -should I be suspicious?

Just tried to read that Orlovski but it says "this document is unavailable for viewing at the moment" -should I be suspicious?

I tried it and it is now there.

Are Doyle & Swindon having problems again already

We'll do you a swap, we'll have Doyley back and you can have Ulamek..? ;)

• Like 1