British Speedway Forum
dump that clutch

Swindon 2016 - A New Era Starts...we Thought..

Would like to see Doyley or Bomber as number 1, with Killer, Zengi and Morra back...Batch needs a change of club, hasn't cut the mustard this year. Hans possibly on his low average. If they went for an English rider would like to see Cookie, one of the fastest riders seen at Blunsdon this year, or even Howarth back. Summers was an ace signing, but average could be too high. Sedgey and Ellis would be good for the Roobins, and Charlie Wright did well this year. Swindon are rumoured to be changing their colours to gold and green when they move into the new stadia.

• Like 1

What is Batch's average? Wouldn't mind him at Poole but not in place of Magic or Holder.

What is Batch's average? Wouldn't mind him at Poole but not in place of Magic or Holder.

6.91, I also believe he is an "asset" of the Readypower people, so he would not cost you much.

• Like 1

Ah okay thanks. 👍 Possibly could be fitted in then! Still think Rosco would keep him though.

Ah okay thanks. 👍 Possibly could be fitted in then! Still think Rosco would keep him though.

Can't see it as he burned his britches on the play offs & with Nick, Killer, Zengi & Hans on similar averages he'd be 5th choice on merit.

• Like 1

As a 2nd or 3rd heatleader Troy would actually be a really good signing. He's a bit like Bomber in that he is a good heat leader but not a man you want leading you.

On a sub 7 point average I'd seriously consider signing him. And I don't like him!

As a 2nd or 3rd heatleader Troy would actually be a really good signing. He's a bit like Bomber in that he is a good heat leader but not a man you want leading you.

On a sub 7 point average I'd seriously consider signing him. And I don't like him!

He had a good spell when Darcy rode in races with him & helped him but he's a 2nd or 3rd heat leader now.

Think a change will do him good.

As I said on another thread, the promoters clearly know what points limits and team structures have been discussed and tentatively agreed before the 'rubber stamping' at the AGM and they have to get the 'visa' riders contracted before they head off to the Oz GP, unless they come back to the UK thereafter.

My only query on that is what if there is an extra team eg Kent Kings?

To announce the full 1-7 (or most of it) before the AGM might be considered a little foolhardy, however much influence one might have?!

(ps There was a whisper the AGM has moved a week earlier than originally planned?? Not sure?!)

Wouldn't take that as read. I remember a few seasons back when this happened & sides signed riders before the AGM & a certain promoter (who shall remain nameless, got together with a few other promoters & got the points average changed) leaving those clubs in the mire!

• Like 1

What date is the AGM as some of the Aussies will have to sign for clubs and get their visa's sorted before they go home. Will the Aus GP riders want to return to the UK after the event and some of the other Aussies not in the GP but wanting to be at the event. It seems a bit silly for them to have to return to the UK to sign a bit of paper then get on a plane and to back to Aus again.

Justin Sedgmen putting in big scores for Edinburgh again today, might be a good d/u option.

• Like 1

Justin Sedgmen putting in big scores for Edinburgh again today, might be a good d/u option.

Got to be in the mix as has improved greatly this season & has shown he's made of strong stuff after struggling in his early years.

• Like 1

Doyle killer batch Morris Thomsen?

Just under 34 by my calcs. Batch/killer/Morris alternating in the 2nd string spot should produce big points while being genuine hl quality, Doyle solves the issue at 1 and Thomsen should easily put 2.5 points on his starting average.

Yes as discussed on here the AGM starts on the 17th October, anyone heard the potential points limit? there is normally some talk at this time of year of the likely points.