British Speedway Forum
dump that clutch

Swindon 2016 - A New Era Starts...we Thought..

How close will the new stadium be to the houses that are being built in that photo in the Blundson Blog?

I was wondering the same thing.

was just wondering if they have nearly finished the new stadium?

Yes see picture of it below :wink:

260px-Stadion_unibax.jpg

Thanks for the replies chaps. It is a few years since I was at the Abbey with Peterborough and I am trying to picture the stadium and where those houses are. Can anyone point me in the right direction on this photo?:

abbey_v02.jpg

Many thanks.

The new one is in the bottom left corner of this picture between the current stadium, bend 1, and the slip road from the dual carriageway to the bridge.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 3

Thanks for that Mr Orlov! So the photos of the houses in the blog are in the green field above the stadium as the pits are at 12.00 o'clock aren't they?

Thanks for that Mr Orlov! So the photos of the houses in the blog are in the green field above the stadium as the pits are at 12.00 o'clock aren't they?

Correct.

• Like 1

the new houseowners are in for one hell of a shock come march,phonelines to council will be in meltdown

Well - its not as if they cant see the stadium in their back gardens - so they wont have much to complain about!!

• Like 1

Yes see picture of it below :wink:

260px-Stadion_unibax.jpg

The new one is in the bottom left corner of this picture between the current stadium, bend 1, and the slip road from the dual carriageway to the bridge.

It's amazing how quickly these new stadiums can be erected now...the lorries arrived yesterday and the stadium was more or less clicked into place like Lego overnight...just waiting for the retractable roof to be fitted now.

• Like 6

was just wondering if they have nearly finished the new stadium?

I think the modern term is called ADHD......check it out on the Internet. You may well self diagnose.

• Like 1

You would assume the speedway promoters are getting weekly updates from the stadium owners on the progress, or otherwise, of the planning/build?

And, of course, keeping the fans fully informed..?

I must admit, it is a cracking looking stadium. What other sports will be held there?

I must admit, it is a cracking looking stadium. What other sports will be held there?

Unicorn racing?

topless synchronised swimming.

• Like 2

Australian Rules Football and there will be an 'A' League franchise in 2016 to keep the Roobins Aussie theme going.

Alternatively, if the stadium isn't quite finished in time, boomerang throwing competitions and didgeridoo lessons will be held in the open spaces.

• Like 1