British Speedway Forum
dump that clutch

Swindon 2016 - A New Era Starts...we Thought..

More news on the stadium and what a surprise that they are claiming that with a two month wait for the council to approve it and then a five or six month build that the stadium will not be ready for eight months, ie next Sep or Oct. Most people have predicted this timescale months ago.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/14264357.New_Robins_stadium_unlikely_for_this_season/?ref=mr&lp=10

Edited by A ORLOV

I am still hopeful this gets built, but they are a) incompetent or B) At it

Jow on earth did thet ever believe the stadium would be built by the start of this season? Answer must be they didn't. So why did they lie? With the way this has rolled out, I hope it is incompetence and not something more sinister.

More news on the stadium and what a surprise that they are claiming that with a two month wait for the council to approve it and then a five or six month build that the stadium will not be ready for eight months, ie next Sep or Oct. Most people have predicted this timescale months ago.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/14264357.New_Robins_stadium_unlikely_for_this_season/?ref=mr&lp=10

You'd think the bloody council could fast track it as how many of the fans live in their borough😡

Yet again another delay ...this has been my problem from the start ...why keep giving the fans these silly start dates ..as if the stadium was going to be built during the season and be ready by june ect ...they treated the fans like mugs no what happens now .

Smallmead an eyesore and a dumping ground? Never stopped them racing there before did it :P

To be honest this reads like the most honest piece ever on the whole saga. CO seems to get it at last!

And poor Rosco must be feeling a bit of a chump this morning. He doesn't know what is going on and can't appear to logically think it through for himself. I'd prefer he left his comments to talking team.

Most of us that have supported the likes of Bristol, Reading and Milton Keynes have this inkling that the stadium wont be built ever let alone this year!

Smallmead an eyesore and a dumping ground? Never stopped them racing there before did it :P

To be honest this reads like the most honest piece ever on the whole saga. CO seems to get it at last!

And poor Rosco must be feeling a bit of a chump this morning. He doesn't know what is going on and can't appear to logically think it through for himself. I'd prefer he left his comments to talking team.

I used to think that too but then a Swindon fan in the bar said at least you have several hundred seats under cover. Apart from a few there is no real seating at (Sh)Abbey Stadium Mr C. :-)

No blame for Rosco or El Tel, it is CO and the developers who stand to make a fortune if there is no new stadium and the old one closes Oxford style as uneconomic or no longer viable...

Edited by remembertheracers

No, Rosco has trotted a line for months now that was patently wrong. He has to stop misleading the supporters with his wishful thinking.

I'm embarrassed for him to be honest.

Yea, Smallmead was so great with all its seats. So good they knocked it........... Oh, my heart isn't really in taking on the supporter of a long lost team with a long lost stadium. It wasn't fair of me really. Sorry.

I used to think that too but then a Swindon fan in the bar said at least you have several hundred seats under cover. Apart from a few there is no real seating at (Sh)Abbey Stadium Mr C. :-)

No blame for Rosco or El Tel, it is CO and the developers who stand to make a fortune if there is no new stadium and the old one closes Oxford style as uneconomic or no longer viable...

I said, its about time the Swindon fans did something, and demanded a meeting... Take a leaf out of the Liverpool fans book. There choice.

I said, its about time the Swindon fans did something, and demanded a meeting... Take a leaf out of the Liverpool fans book. There choice.

SADLY, in speedway I'm not sure there is. The Liverpool owners are hardly going to close Anfield, which is already under-going a massive extension.

Edited by PHILIPRISING

Tell you something Racers i followed Malc Holloway and he rode from 84 on and off until 89 and i went most weeks i loved Smallmead a great night out.When the track was prepared i see a lot of terrific racing there over the years having nice facilities is nice but as long as the racing is good the facilities is secondary to me.
  • Like 2

Is there going to be a change to the lineup in the very near future????

Maybe 1 aussie for another??

Is there going to be a change to the lineup in the very near future????

Maybe 1 aussie for another??

Why should there be a change?.

• Like 1

Tell you something Racers i followed Malc Holloway and he rode from 84 on and off until 89 and i went most weeks i loved Smallmead a great night out.

Coincides with my best night I had at Smallmead - 22 October 1984 - Racers 32 v 46 Witches to become British League Champions. Magic.

Followed a few days later: 27 October 1984 - Aces 33 v 45 Witches (KO Cup Final Leg 1) and 28 October 1984 - Witches 47 v 31 Aces (KO Cup Final Leg 2).

(Not so many comparable nights at Blunsdon though)

• Like 1