British Speedway Forum

If any said person has watched at least three episodes of Rebus , bought a Proclaimers CD , been tempted to go to a Hearts or Hibs football match , possess a blue and gold t-shirt or jacket , ate shortbread and have a liking for riding on trams , then they are barred from wearing the Stripes .

Yay - I can't wear the stripes!!

Though I am lacking the t-shirt or jacket.

Result!!

Distance wouldn't be an issue as we'd just fly him up and back in the club Lear Jet . Anyway those of us who aren't of the " I know something you don't know " variety of supporter just throw names about on here to keep us amused . It's what gets us through the long , dark speedwayless winter months . And also , in the wake of the sorry Kevin Wolbert saga , from now on any prospective Tiger will have to pass the fit and proper person investigation first . If any said person has watched at least three episodes of Rebus , bought a Proclaimers CD , been tempted to go to a Hearts or Hibs football match , possess a blue and gold t-shirt or jacket , ate shortbread and have a liking for riding on trams , then they are barred from wearing the Stripes .

Or salt and sauce .... Eh?

• Like 1

Well that rules me out then. Gutted.

By the way nothing wrong with watching hibs I'll have you know.

Edited by Mr Blobby

Distance wouldn't be an issue as we'd just fly him up and back in the club Lear Jet . Anyway those of us who aren't of the " I know something you don't know " variety of supporter just throw names about on here to keep us amused . It's what gets us through the long , dark speedwayless winter months . And also , in the wake of the sorry Kevin Wolbert saga , from now on any prospective Tiger will have to pass the fit and proper person investigation first . If any said person has watched at least three episodes of Rebus , bought a Proclaimers CD , been tempted to go to a Hearts or Hibs football match , possess a blue and gold t-shirt or jacket , ate shortbread and have a liking for riding on trams , then they are barred from wearing the Stripes .

C'mon Paul, you've spent the last ten years signing ex-Monarchs to try and better us ;) But anyone who has bought a proclaimers CD should have sympathy, not scorn!!

Well that rules me out then. Gutted.

By the way nothing wrong with watching hibs I'll have you know.

Where do I start!!!!! 5-1 do? ;)

C'mon Paul, you've spent the last ten years signing ex-Monarchs to try and better us ;) But anyone who has bought a proclaimers CD should have sympathy, not scorn!!

Where do I start!!!!! 5-1 do? ;)

don't know what your talking about! :D

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 1

don't know what your talking about! :D

It's what Monarchs score most heats v the Tigers!! Better behave now as we'll be accused of hijacking a Tigger thread ;)

• Like 3

So Richard Lawson is back. Unless I've missed it it doesn't seem to have been mentioned no here.

Lawson. GREAT to have it confirmed.

The other 3 is a complete mystery, still, but Lawson, Summers, Barker is formidable.

Edited by damosuzuki
  • Like 1

Lawson. GREAT to have it confirmed.

The other 3 is a complete mystery, still, but Lawson, Summers, Barker is formidable.

There the potential there to have a phenomenal top 2 when Barker is back on it and an equally stupendous 3rd heat leader in Summers. Then 3 alone should be capable of scoring 30-35 points a meeting leaving the bottom 4 to score 4-5 each.

I've not seen him mentioned but if Kozza Smith returns on his 5ish average then the rest of the league may as well give up.

Edited by SCB

If you have a bigger budget you might as well spend it like Glasgow are

Lawson is the kind of rider that can easily be taken for granted in that, he is a bit dull, I mean that with respect in that he for the most part rather blandly scores loads and loads of points. If the Glasgow team plays out as expected, eg Worral next, the bottom 3 really don’t have to do very much at all.

It’s always a great theory saying you need strong reserves, and you typically do, but if your top 4 are that strong the reserves really don’t matter that much, I would say that is where this team will contrast from the Glasgow side of 04, that was a strong top 4 without much improvement and a tendency for parts to go missing, this side has a top 4 who could put points on their average, and quite likely 2 or 3 points, if anyone builds a stronger side on paper I will be surprised.

Edited by sparkafag

I've not seen him mentioned but if Kozza Smith returns on his 5ish average then the rest of the league may as well give up.

emmmmm,,, a don't think so ;)

Another great signing, welcome back Rich. Mickthemonarch Hunter think Glasgow frets over Edinburgh. Aye right. :nono::cheers:

Edited by tyretrax
  • Like 2

Absolutely delighted Richard will be a Tiger.

An unsung hero, who's contribution is often taken for granted.

• Like 2