British Speedway Forum

Local BBC news,

See the damage for yourselves.

Speedway article starts at 12 mins 40 secs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07q2ps5/spotlight-evening-news-05092016

Just so sad Bob that Plymouth Speedway has to get on the local TV News programme about a mindless act of vandalism. Hope you are well.

Wow, it's about time the plymouth speedway team got a break. Let's hope all goes well. Little toe rags will always be little to rags I'm afraid. I should know I used to be one.

Looking at the damage done to the airbags down at the track baldy this was a planned attack with the sole aim of putting the club out of business but thanks to lots of assistance not least your promotion at ipswitch we will fulfil our fixtures this season imo still work to do but we will get there.

Had it on good authority that they have fixed four panels (been at it all day) and have some coming from Ipswich.

'Touch and go' for Friday.

Ipswich fence arriving tomorrow so they will be fine..

• Like 1

I thought the Thread was "Plymouth 2016", not specifically the vandalised air-fence?

If you want bad taste, read "lewy"'s personal attacks on the Ipswich and Rye House Threads. Why "lewy" feels it necessary to continually post personal attacks I don't know, but he is obviously deeply troubled, jealous, bi polar and psychopathic.

Anyway, the Devils have been offered the Ipswich Witches spare air fence panels until the end of the season by promoter Chris Louis, so immediate problem solved. The issue of criminal damage would be in the hands of the police and whilst contemptible, what is done is done and just reflects on the current state of society in Plymouth. Insurance would cover the cost of replacement, as I am sure that insurance would be in place.

Nobody is stopping you from giving up. But you feel the need to keep the cauldron pot bubbling for some reason....

The thread is indeed about Plymouth 2916. However, unprecedented events have occurred which as you are aware have potentially endangered the existence of a club that has already wobbled and almost fallen over this very season.

Since the latest sad news became public, you firstly thought it amusing to taunt a Plymouth fan by saying ' were you on security duty?'

Do you really need this explaining to you how tasteless that comment was? You followed this up with other adjectives to describe this Plymouth fan as a 'drama queen, a fool, jealous, ignorant, pathetic, spiteful, parochial, boring, bi-polar, psychopathic.

Do you think it may be the right moment to take a deep breath?

• Like 2

Just so sad Bob that Plymouth Speedway has to get on the local TV News programme about a mindless act of vandalism. Hope you are well.

Hi Dave,

Yes all is good for us, thank you.

Id be very upset if anything happens to end speedway here. Going under through finances is one thing, but this takes some believing.

It really is a great circuit to watch speedway. Up close wherever you stand and produces some superb racing, inside or out. Unlike a lot of tracks now, where you have to ride a metre from the fence to get any grip.

I hope the Devils win the remaining home meetings, although I will give the Diamonds a cheer or two. Still have a soft spot for your lot! :wink:

• Like 3

I hope tbey gey it sorted or replaced.

They are saying or suggesting in the spotlight piece that it could have been done to stop them racing their last two meetings. Do they suspect someone then?

Never been myself. It looks very easy to enter the stadium.

I hope tbey gey it sorted or replaced.

They are saying or suggesting in the spotlight piece that it could have been done to stop them racing their last two meetings. Do they suspect someone then?

Never been myself. It looks very easy to enter the stadium.

Yeh in the short term they will my little flower, unfortunately that is there problem, the place is easy accessable.

Thing is there are many things they could do to improve the place, but it all comes down to money and backing.

Edited by Starman2006

there is some CCTV images of the 2 perpetrators dressed in hoodies, the images need a dose of digital enhancement to give a better chance of recognition, looks as if the experts in video and sound in Plymouth, and my former employers are willing to give it a go.

• Like 3

there is some CCTV images of the 2 perpetrators dressed in hoodies, the images need a dose of digital enhancement to give a better chance of recognition, looks as if the experts in video and sound in Plymouth, and my former employers are willing to give it a go.

More than likely just pure vandalism, nothing to do with wanting speedway out of the city. Plymouth Speedway is one of those places that's remote enough for anyone with a warped mind to inflict damage with very little chance of being caught. Stoke have had similar problems recently with vandalism. Unfortunately once they get away with it the likelihood is they'll be back.

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

The thread is indeed about Plymouth 2916. However, unprecedented events have occurred which as you are aware have potentially endangered the existence of a club that has already wobbled and almost fallen over this very season.

Since the latest sad news became public, you firstly thought it amusing to taunt a Plymouth fan by saying ' were you on security duty?'

Do you really need this explaining to you how tasteless that comment was? You followed this up with other adjectives to describe this Plymouth fan as a 'drama queen, a fool, jealous, ignorant, pathetic, spiteful, parochial, boring, bi-polar, psychopathic.

Do you think it may be the right moment to take a deep breath?

Deep breath taken, as it has had to be taken before due to the irritant.

Interview with Chris Louis on BBC Radio Suffolk's Drive Time show hosted by Foz, mainly about the air fence loan to the Devils (starts at about 35:42):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0452h8l

Let us hope that this damage and obvious extra costs do not sink the Devils and that they will be in the league next year.

• Like 1

As Baldyman has suggested on another Thread, the PLRC should have been moved to Plymouth (and all proceeds given to the fence replacement fund.)

Yes, I know, short notice, logistics and all that but we are all one big speedway family and we should protect the weakest and most damaged.

Maybe tracks can hold an Air-Fund collection after the Ben-Fund recently?

• Like 1

Since I posted on here about the Video enhancement my Facebook account has been scammed, so if you get any communications from FB claiming to be from me ITS NOT

Hi Dave,

Yes all is good for us, thank you.

Id be very upset if anything happens to end speedway here. Going under through finances is one thing, but this takes some believing.

It really is a great circuit to watch speedway. Up close wherever you stand and produces some superb racing, inside or out. Unlike a lot of tracks now, where you have to ride a metre from the fence to get any grip.

I hope the Devils win the remaining home meetings, although I will give the Diamonds a cheer or two. Still have a soft spot for your lot! :wink:

Back to being Bob C I see :D:approve:

Been one of my favourite tracks since I first went there and has remained so ever since. Cracking little place not just for the racing but to watch it too.

Tried to get Tsunami down once or twice but if he leaves Tyneside his hair falls out :o:D

PS Had word this morning that 6 air bags have been repaired at the track, a local company are repairing 12 and 22 have arrived from Ipswich. Looks very good for Friday.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 2

weather forecast for Friday not too good, Beeb are saying lots of rain while ITV seem to be saying the odd shower so you takes your pick As a Plymouth fan, can I please thank everybody for their kind words and practical help. My visits have been limited by 8 weeks in hospital and my loss of mobility god bless Mr Zimmer BUT I think a bit of self diagnosis may have finally cracked the cause of my problems. Having stopped one prescribed medication, in 3 days I feel 100% better.

• Like 3