British Speedway Forum
Mr Blobby

Glasgow V Edinburgh The Final 16th/17th October @7.30pm/7.00pm

Edinburgh should now be looking to exploite being 2 times league winners and explore a new track which is purpose built

Otherwise there will come a day when the developers will move in - or is it always going to be Speedway clining to the wreckage !

Spud was a big loss to Glasgow but I still think Edinburgh would have won. IMO Rob would have scored more than young Liam's one point. The Monarchs have great "bounce back ability "and strength of character as witnessed in home defeats to Tigers and Panthers where they won away a few days later. Don't forget Sam, Kevin and Max are still not fully fit.

Sorry to the Tigers supporters not exactly feeling the love from one particular Monarchs fan but stood with my Dad by the tapes at Ashfield on Friday, cheering cooky home in heat 1, an older Tigers fan had to be calmed down by his daughter because we had the temerity to support our own rider......no swearing, no slagging the Tigers rider. Never seen behaviour at Speedway like that before. My Dad was at the EL play off semi supporting Belle Vue at Swindon and said the banter was cracking. No animosity. But as the earlier poster said you always get one....otherwise 2 great atmospheres over the 2 legs. Hope there are more Monarchs-Tigers tussles in the near future.

Spud was a big loss to Glasgow but I still think Edinburgh would have won. IMO Rob would have scored more than young Liam's one point. The Monarchs have great "bounce back ability "and strength of character as witnessed in home defeats to Tigers and Panthers where they won away a few days later. Don't forget Sam, Kevin and Max are still not fully fit.

I know you are pretty new but i need a sick bag after reading that.

But to be fair you are not far off the mark with your summary.

Edited by Gazc

Wouldn't of mattered if spud rode or not, outcome still would have been the same.

Champs again and thoroughly deserved as we were the best team in the league by far all season.

Just the 5 PL titles now not bad.

If spud had rode in his ten heats I very much doubt the result would have been the same...but you have blubber between your ears so don't know how to reason.

• Like 1

One of the things I love about Speedway here (as opposed to say, Poland!) is that there is no crowd segregation, you can wander about have a bite to eat and a drink etc... it's just a good vibe. TBH I'd throw people out if they were drunk and shouting abuse - you rarely see it and if you want to behave like that, fire on down to Ibrox or Tynecastle.

It's not an Edinburgh thing, though. I've seen a guy in the Tigers stand ranting and swearing like a lunatic in the past.

I'm sure that there is another team in both of these cities that they could go to.

One of the things I love about Speedway here (as opposed to say, Poland!) is that there is no crowd segregation, you can wander about have a bite to eat and a drink etc... it's just a good vibe. TBH I'd throw people out if they were drunk and shouting abuse - you rarely see it and if you want to behave like that, fire on down to Ibrox or Tynecastle.

It's not an Edinburgh thing, though. I've seen a guy in the Tigers stand ranting and swearing like a lunatic in the past.

Certainly was last night the dealer's on Rose Street will be applying for voluntary adminstration as all the Zoomer's were at Armadale last night.

Some off the abuse directed towards Glasgow fan's last night was abysmaly bad and I had to have a word with one to cut the s*it out but it was more than one so a pointless exercise.

I have my own thought's on how this came about last night but will air these at another time.

Losing Aaron was too much he only rode in one race and scored 3 points in his second he was involved in a horrific crash. The effort after that from the rest of the boys showed true spirit to have a lead for second leg. I think edinburgh know that they only won due to our captain being injured. They weren't the best over two legs. We chose a guest who the night before was down scunny at the awards ceremony probably getting rubbered and it showed in his performance at armadale. So well done cookie and co on your title.

What council thing damosuzuki?

Glasgow contributed to it by having a ridiculous number of tapes exclusions in the opening heats at Le Stade D'Ashfield which showed we were nervous even though under no pressure. Nick never came to the party until his last 2 heats and we missed Summers big style. Ive no doubt Aaron would have won his second heat against Wolbert and Riss had he not hit the tapes.

Certainly was last night the dealer's on Rose Street will be applying for voluntary adminstration as all the Zoomer's were at Armadale last night.

Some off the abuse directed towards Glasgow fan's last night was abysmaly bad and I had to have a word with one to cut the s*it out but it was more than one so a pointless exercise.

I have my own thought's on how this came about last night but will air these at another time.

you should have photo the basset hound and put it on you tube that would have been better

The venomous atmosphere was present on Friday night, something i havent seen since the early to mid 2000's. For the first time i chose to move away from the fourth bend enclosure to escape it. Banter is banter but the anti Glasgow theme was prevalent throughout. Perhaps they get excited travelling beyond Harthill, for others it was drink. Regardless its off putting.

You should have come to the back straight MD

No animosity there I recall just sweeties and hot chocolate shared around

Alcohol fuels idiots everywhere.....a national disgraced I'm afraid

Just to point out before i get slated the majority were fine last night but the minority were pretty vocal in the Anti-Glasgow theme i am surprised it didn't kick off at some point as it would only have taken one idiot from the Glasgow side for it to ignite.

And yes we have our idiot's also.

It's a derby for the league there was always going to be a few on edge. I don't think the letter the glasgow owners handed out after the meeting on Friday exactly helped as it added more fuel to the fire IMO.