British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2016

Now that the team has been announced will someone name which riders are also signed for other teams in 2016 and in the event of a fixture clash which team has priority.

Now that the team has been announced will someone name which riders are also signed for other teams in 2016 and in the event of a fixture clash which team has priority.

Josh Grajczonek EL Swindon Priority Swindon

Charles Wright EL Swindon Priority Somerset

Paul Starke EL Leicester Priority Somerset

Zach Wajtknecht NL Birmingham Priority I'm not to sure but at a guess the Brummies

If I'm wrong on any of this I'm sure I'll be quickly corrected

I would hope the 3 pointers have priority with their PL teams.

But................!!

• Like 2

I would hope the 3 pointers have priority with their PL teams.

But................!!

Why? The EL draft riders didn't have EL priority. Once again the PL want to have it's cake and eat it.

BWD was excellent at Arlington last season - refused to give up and will give 100% every meeting. If he arrives with decent sponsorship and kit BWD will do a decent job for the rebels. Would think that he will certainly improve on that average if he gets time to bed into the team.

Why? The EL draft riders didn't have EL priority. Once again the PL want to have it's cake and eat it.

Yep why not?

I might hazard a guess that, of all the PL 3-pointers signed, only Liam Carr at Berwick's priority will be to the PL club.

He is Berwick asset, I don't know of any others who are at their parent club (although there may be some).

Otherwise, I'd be pretty sure the NL clubs will have priority. They most certainly should, IMO.

Yep why not?

Every time PL 1st PL 2nd and if there's any cake left PL 3rd !!! Especially if it's for Somerset Rebels !!!

Worst thing about this team is if Gary May keeps changing the reserves around in a match and you have to keep writing Wajtknecht in your programme.

• Like 3

Clegg is a Cradley asset and we got priority last year and I don't think that changed for this year either. So I still think PL gets priority over NL.

• Like 2

I might hazard a guess that, of all the PL 3-pointers signed, only Liam Carr at Berwick's priority will be to the PL club.

He is Berwick asset, I don't know of any others who are at their parent club (although there may be some).

Otherwise, I'd be pretty sure the NL clubs will have priority. They most certainly should, IMO.

Pretty sure Ben Morley is a Rye House asset

Worst thing about this team is if Gary May keeps changing the reserves around in a match and you have to keep writing Wajtknecht in your programme.

I thought Grajczonek was difficult enough Edited by Shads

Do riders that come in on an assessed average such as jake and bwd have to stay on a five as a minimum and only changes if they go up,I've been told this but not sure if its correct does anyone know for definate ?

"Zach" is much easier :D

S

"Zach" is much easier :D

So is WAJ and GRAJ :t:

• Like 1

Do riders that come in on an assessed average such as jake and bwd have to stay on a five as a minimum and only changes if they go up,I've been told this but not sure if its correct does anyone know for definate ?

I rather thought the need to remain on five was for re-entry to the country, not domestic competition.

Meaning, as I see it, a newcomer on a 5 will see his average rise and fall as previously, but when he is coming back for the following season he will be reverted to the 5 (if he hasn't bettered it during the year).

Otherwise (perish the thought) such a rider, however inept, could be artificially kept in the 1-5, and a super-performong reserve could stay there, despite his average rising to (say) 4.99 in the early part of the season.