British Speedway Forum
Paul Johnson

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2016?

haha good old twitter clues!!! only one getting the camera out will be me!!!!

If they follow how they usually do they are being done on purpose to suit the fact that people are saying it is josh bailey.

Josh does not fit the original statement that rob said that the rider goes well/fast around the EWR

His record is 2pts from 5 heats vs stags in KOC in 2014 and 8pts from 4 hts later that year in the league

Much improved last season (at least based upon the occasions I saw him, anyway).

There are better choices out there but there are worse ones as well.

Guest Scunny2012

Still no answer to the Q I posed a couple of days back. Are we racing every other week in 2016 at the EWR or is it every week. I think fortnightly would see more of us following the team away; and the same for other teams and their supporters visiting Scunny. Folks would still want to take in their skid fix weekly no doubt.

Edited by Scunny2012

Club want to know what supporters would like to see at the EWR in 2016.

Heres a few things..

Team race suits so we look like a team.

Team shirts based on the race suit for fans to buy.

Food Themed race nights in better weather BBQ night; Curry night; Pizza night?

Free beer or soft drink ?

Themed music 60s night 70s, 80s etc..

Give aways say; flags ? stickers

Meetings filmed to assist ref with decisions and available to fans to buy

Starting gate based on the one at Sheffield complete with coloured lighting rig

Start grid girls ?

Improved seating on home straight; consider cover ? and additional lighting ?

When Glanford Park closes can we blag some of the fixs & fittings ?

Always hand the chequred flag to the winning Scorpion for his lap of honour.

When we win the riders walk into the crowd to take the applause.

Be the No8 Scorpion ! . Get on the team buy a photo of yourself with the team ! Proceeds to Sting Fund.

Could we stage the Scunthorpe Individual Championship; to find the master of the EWR ? Would be a nice variation from regular team racing as one off.

Admission concessions buy 4 get one free.

Discount on the gate admission if you support the team away (negotiated with home team) and vice versa away fans visiting Scunny ?

Just one or two things off the top of my head as I type.

Edited by the outsider

Team race suits would be cool.. Assuming Hendersons are still backing, how about Blue/White Henderson Insurance Kevlars... Team Sponsored by Fluid Air Power... Seem to recall a road racer once being sponsored by Hendersons, think he wore Henderson adorned leathers?

Sort out gate 4 bias.

Maybe some more terracing/grass banking to improve spectator viewing and reduce the chance of a face full of shale.

It would be good if someone official was filming, even if it was a man with a mobile phone it could help with incidents like we saw against Ipswich.

I did enjoy the increased number of rider interviews this year and when the riders walk into the crowd after a great win. The fact you can go up to the riders and talk to them is what sets speedway apart from most sports.

also if you get there early enough you can visit the pits and talk to them too,, not many tracks let you into there

i like the idea of the no8, maybe if we have press and practice day have a photo opportunity then?

if we dont continue with the riders on the "van parade" how about riders coming out in pairs on the bikes? with their opposite number, so josh comes out with say steady to joshs theme tune( sit down next to me by james?), i believe newcastle do this?

seeing we dont do season tickets how about the chance to buy tickets in blocks of 5 or 10s,

If we are to entice the younger generation then, yes, you need an improved entertainment package.

More modern music played(easily downloadable to ipod or phone)

Grid lights & flashing lights at start gate area

2nd chequred flag at bend 3 to hand to winning scorpion rider on lap of honour

improved viewing by extra banking & (been waiting/suggesting for a few years now) raise the level of the 1st stand) by removing internal barriers, increase level 6inch+ with reclaimed bricks then hardcore(plenty of that in car park), need for extra steps for increased height, side rails for H & S on steel work at both ends then replace barriers.

we need to bring in extra money/support by having "bring a friend" discounted tickets BUT these must be bought by registering your name so it is not abused

also if you get there early enough you can visit the pits and talk to them too,, not many tracks let you into there

i like the idea of the no8, maybe if we have press and practice day have a photo opportunity then?

if we dont continue with the riders on the "van parade" how about riders coming out in pairs on the bikes? with their opposite number, so josh comes out with say steady to joshs theme tune( sit down next to me by james?), i believe newcastle do this?

seeing we dont do season tickets how about the chance to buy tickets in blocks of 5 or 10s,

Riders coming out in pairs on the bikes mmmmm but what happens if Tungate and Auty are opposite numbers that could be fun !

Riders coming out in pairs on the bikes mmmmm but what happens if Tungate and Auty are opposite numbers that could be fun !

play Chumbawumba??
  • Like 2

Shows sportmanship i quess, i know he didnt show any, also i can't see tungate being a clubs number 1 anyway.

I just thought it looked better than having all 14 out at once, people moaned because they couldnt tell who was who when rob announced them.

Some ideas were discussed last season, one was an "all in price"... entry, programme and say pie peas and a drink for maybe £18? that way you know its a set price, go with £20 and still pay £1 for parking and a £1 for a raflle ticket....mentioning the raffle... what about either a 3rd draw for viewing heat 15 from the centre green or keep with 2 and winner also gets to watch heat 15 if wanted and the 2nd winner gets to pick the "scorps rider of the night" the rider who gets the most wins an award at the end of tear do.may entice more people to purchase one.

Im not sure if many people know but Rob has had to invest in a new part of the air fence, its not come cheap, so i cant see more money being spent, anything that dosent cost i can see him adopting, ie the music being updated a friend of the club did a playlist and hoped Barry would take it,victory laps with flag given on bend 3,photo opportunities, crowd walktrough when we win,things that make the presentation enjoyable,

I like the idea of making it cheaper for away fans if something can be put in place, i know more of us would go to away matches on sundays, dont know how much a small bus or minivan costs, the club could notify other clubs to say "expect so and so party this sunday" or get some sort of voucher before you go to show your a scunny supporter.

This one is mainly for xmas but what about "bill and bens" track shop coming over in the winter amatuers to sell stuff for prezzies?,

Club want to know what supporters would like to see at the EWR in 2016.

Heres a few things..

Team race suits so we look like a team.

Team shirts based on the race suit for fans to buy.

Food Themed race nights in better weather BBQ night; Curry night; Pizza night?

Free beer or soft drink ?

Themed music 60s night 70s, 80s etc..

Give aways say; flags ? stickers

Meetings filmed to assist ref with decisions and available to fans to buy

Starting gate based on the one at Sheffield complete with coloured lighting rig

Start grid girls ?

Improved seating on home straight; consider cover ? and additional lighting ?

When Glanford Park closes can we blag some of the fixs & fittings ?

Always hand the chequred flag to the winning Scorpion for his lap of honour.

When we win the riders walk into the crowd to take the applause.

Be the No8 Scorpion ! . Get on the team buy a photo of yourself with the team ! Proceeds to Sting Fund.

Could we stage the Scunthorpe Individual Championship; to find the master of the EWR ? Would be a nice variation from regular team racing as one off.

Admission concessions buy 4 get one free.

Discount on the gate admission if you support the team away (negotiated with home team) and vice versa away fans visiting Scunny ?

Just one or two things off the top of my head as I type.

isnt all those idea actually increaseing the cost to the club?

As my old boss once said to me--the more you give away the more chance you have of going bust!

• Like 3

soon all the home fans will become away fans .