British Speedway Forum
Paul Johnson

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2016?

does that mean that holob cannot bet dropped to make way for a new rider and still stays on the 7.00 average all season if he does not reach the magic 7.00 ? so he can only be replaced if he is injured, is that correct ?

any change will have to be made by dropping any of the other 4 team members, .

No; I think it means that whilst Zdneck has an assessed average he cannot be dropped. At the moment he still has a 7.00CMA as he has not ridden sufficient meetings; and therefore carries that assessed average; until the next set of official CMA's are calculated. Hence until then we are a little bit restricted if we want to make a change for Nicolai; than we eventually might be come mid-May. Zdneck is not immediately under threat; Andreas is the one who might have to hang fire until we know where we are with the team CMA. Till then R/R for Zdneck and a guest for Nicolai; I think.

Edited by the outsider

Till then R/R for Zdneck and a guest for Nicolai; I think.

Haven't Scunthorpe re-declared their 1 - 7, with Ashley Morris replacing Klindt and therefore there is no Facility available for Klindt, only for Holub until he returns from injury?

Edited by Multumesc

Ashley is a temporary signing like Theo was last year. Rob says if he does a good job for the Scorps he could end up staying like Theo did.. He's at reserve and that means Wilko has to be in main team.

Haven't Scunthorpe re-declared their 1 - 7, with Ashley Morris replacing Klindt and therefore there is no Facility available for Klindt, only for Holub until he returns from injury?

That is the case. Last Sunday, Nicolai was in Poland, so it was a choice of bring in a new signing (Ashley Morris), or use a National League guest rider (NL average up to 6.00), because a facility would not have been available for Nicolai.

R/R for Holub again tomorrow at Somerset, with Wilko up in team and Ash Morris at reserve.

All the best

Rob

That is the case. Last Sunday, Nicolai was in Poland, so it was a choice of bring in a new signing (Ashley Morris), or use a National League guest rider (NL average up to 6.00), because a facility would not have been available for Nicolai.

R/R for Holub again tomorrow at Somerset, with Wilko up in team and Ash Morris at reserve.

All the best

Rob

Do you know when Holub is likely to be back? The Plymouth meeting or are we looking at May?

Cripes I am confused; sorry Ash totally overlooked you !; yes of course. You did well Sunday fella; your efforts worth more than the 4pts by the way.

• Like 2

does that mean that holob cannot bet dropped to make way for a new rider and still stays on the 7.00 average all season if he does not reach the magic 7.00 ? so he can only be replaced if he is injured, is that correct ?

any change will have to be made by dropping any of the other 4 team members, .

No, but 18.6.2.1 states:

No rider with an assessed MA can drop below a 5.00 average during the season.

(Think there's something in there that takes the 3.00 reserves out of the equation.) But basically if you have a 5 or 7 point assessed rider signed at the beginning of the season, you're stuck with him on a 5.00 whatever happens. Whether after he's done enough meetings to 'earn' a proper average but is still 'forced' to assume a 5.00 average I don't know if this is still considered to be 'assessed' meaning he can't be dropped or 'earned' meaning he can be replaced I honestly don't know. We shall wait and see!

No, but 18.6.2.1 states:

(Think there's something in there that takes the 3.00 reserves out of the equation.) But basically if you have a 5 or 7 point assessed rider signed at the beginning of the season, you're stuck with him on a 5.00 whatever happens. Whether after he's done enough meetings to 'earn' a proper average but is still 'forced' to assume a 5.00 average I don't know if this is still considered to be 'assessed' meaning he can't be dropped or 'earned' meaning he can be replaced I honestly don't know. We shall wait and see!

I'm lost with all this Sooty send for Sweep ..izzy wizzy lets get busy ! can't we just have 7 riders; four laps in a race and have done with it; no matter what the size of their underpants ?

• Like 2

No, but 18.6.2.1 states:

It's always fun trying to decipher the Regulations, particularly this year after the way the Tactical Ride facility for the PLC was re-written but not interpreted how it was, but FWIW, I think you are right in that: in 2016 a PL Rider with an Assessed Match Average of 8.00 (Category 1); 7.00 (Cat. 2) or; 5.00 (Cat. 3) cannot drop below an Assessed Match Average of 5.00 and whilst they are on an Assessed MA, they cannot be dropped.

Holub is a Cat 2 on an Assessed MA of 7.00 and therefore cannot drop below a MA of 5.00. So, say his Calculated MA is 3.55 when (if) he has ridden the necessary 4 x home and 4 x away meetings to obtain a CMA then, even though his average is lower than 5.00 he has to continue to ride on an Assessed MA of 5.00 and, as this is an assessed average, he cannot be dropped from the team.

If his average rose above 7.00, he could then be dropped.

It has been suggested also that, any 'existing foreign rider' who is not on an assessed average will have to start the 2017 season on an Assessed MA of 5.00. For example, Paco Castagna at Ipswich, if he ends this season on a CMA of, say, 3.50, will be assessed as a 5.00 for the start of 2017.

Just my interpretation though and may be way off here.

• Like 1

Scunthorpre,rules,manipulation thiers always a way

Now Plymouth are saved lewy starts spouting about the scorpions..oh and learn how to spell.

Of course i had no interest if my teams not competing oh and be careful what you post it would be very embarrassing if someone of your intelligence makes a mistake.

Whens your team of racers going to start racing ?

Edited by lewy

Of course i had know interest if my teams not competing oh and be careful what you post it would be very embarrassing if someone of your intelligence makes a mistake.

Whens your team of racers going to start racing ?

on the 24th April.

Lets hope so because if you cant beat the devils at home with the lack of track time our lads have had then you are really crap,i think scunny will have had about 6 more meeting than us. Josh auty impressed me though riding for his el side .