British Speedway Forum
Paul Johnson

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2016?

Haven't seen any national league for a while but looking through the teams there is a lad I'd not heard of.Ryan Kinsley..anyone seen him,scores don't look to bad,is he a Brit ?

Haven't seen any national league for a while but looking through the teams there is a lad I'd not heard of.Ryan Kinsley..anyone seen him,scores don't look to bad,is he a Brit ?

Given the amount of new riders into the NL this season and the only one you hadn't heard of is Ryan Kinsley smells slightly fishy!

However yes he is an under 18 Brit. Started as a 3 point reserve and did well at Kings Lynn but didn't really set it alight away from home. Good prospect for the following season but too soon atm.

• Like 2

Given the amount of new riders into the NL this season and the only one you hadn't heard of is Ryan Kinsley smells slightly fishy!

However yes he is an under 18 Brit. Started as a 3 point reserve and did well at Kings Lynn but didn't really set it alight away from home. Good prospect for the following season but too soon atm.

The 3ptr will be the key signing; with 3ptrs protected in two races; we need someone who can beat his rival 3ptr and back up our No6. Whoever gets Birminghams Zach Wajknecht has to be favourites as he has the potential to go beyond the No6 in a team in the scoring and thats the difference.

Would not be suprised to see both Bradley Wilson-Dean and Wajknecht in the same team-Somerset ?. BWD farcially saddled with a 5pt average; but I reckon he can hit 7pts as a bonifiede reserve and with Wajknecht thats a real reserve pair..

So for me we get Wajknecht and we are talking serious challengers - with Josh; Ryan; Alex, Carlos, Zedi and Taylor.

Edited by the outsider

The 3ptr will be the key signing; with 3ptrs protected in two races; we need someone who can beat his rival 3ptr and back up our No6. Whoever gets Birminghams Zach Wajknecht has to be favourites as he has the potential to go beyond the No6 in a team in the scoring and thats the difference.

Would not be suprised to see both Bradley Wilson-Dean and Wajknecht in the same team-Somerset ?. BWD farcially saddled with a 5pt average; but I reckon he can hit 7pts as a bonifiede reserve and with Wajknecht thats a real reserve pair..

So for me we get Wajknecht and we are talking serious challengers - with Josh; Ryan; Alex, Carlos, Zedi and Taylor.

Watjknecht isn't going to step up to the PL and double his average straight off, let's be realistic about it. He is a good future prospect no doubt but not going to be the best number seven next season in the PL.

Why is an overseas rider being given an assessed five point average farcical? The farce is surely that he rode in the NL this year despite it being for Brits only.

However yes he is an under 18 Brit. Started as a 3 point reserve and did well at Kings Lynn but didn't really set it alight away from home. Good prospect for the following season but too soon atm.not really just looked at "localis" new riders,I've seen names banded about that have been around a few years that haven't really progressed.

And wasn't we told he hadn't rode here

Watjknecht isn't going to step up to the PL and double his average straight off, let's be realistic about it. He is a good future prospect no doubt but not going to be the best number seven next season in the PL.

Why is an overseas rider being given an assessed five point average farcical? The farce is surely that he rode in the NL this year despite it being for Brits only.

Watjknecht apart from BWD and Ellis is the pick of the NL riders heading toward PL so for me; he's the one you would try for. I agree with another post that Ellis Perks should be in the frame; he was very unlucky that injuries forced changes last season. BWD rode NL last season and that's the way it is. To have him now rated on a higher PL average than Adam Ellis will have (and Ellis has the higher NL final CMA) is farcial. If he's in the NL he's a 3ptr irrespective of his being from NZ of British grandparents; this should have been tied down last season before he became a red hot property in the NL!. Averages are anti-speedway.

JPB worth a shot.. rides our track well. Stylish and takes some beating when he gets in front. Is he old enough?

How old is Josh Bailey?

17-18 I think? No need to worry about him being diverted by the demon drink though.......the baby faced assassin is unlikely to get served before he turns 30 :D

• Like 1

JPB worth a shot.. rides our track well. Stylish and takes some beating when he gets in front. Is he old enough?

Think he's only 15 until midway through the season

Yeah, he turns 16 next September.

Edited by Islander15

It wasn't for Brits only, riders with patriality were specifically allowed. In the past, when Commonwealth riders were allowed they went into the PL with a 5 point assessed average but those with patriality were still assessed as 3 pointers.

• Like 2

Watjknecht apart from BWD and Ellis is the pick of the NL riders heading toward PL so for me; he's the one you would try for. I agree with another post that Ellis Perks should be in the frame; he was very unlucky that injuries forced changes last season. BWD rode NL last season and that's the way it is. To have him now rated on a higher PL average than Adam Ellis will have (and Ellis has the higher NL final CMA) is farcial. If he's in the NL he's a 3ptr irrespective of his being from NZ of British grandparents; this should have been tied down last season before he became a red hot property in the NL!. Averages are anti-speedway.

BWD and Ellis aren't eligible for the three point berths, of the eligible riders Morley has the highest NL average from last year plus he has more PL experience so he's really the top man on the list, obviously he's at Rye now. Zach or even Spiller would be a great choice for the future if the club(s) that sign them can tie them down to full contracts.

It should have been decided and stopped last winter, if he's racing as a New Zealander he shouldn't have raced NL and should be on a five point average in the PL.

Averages aren't anti-speedway, there needs to be a way of regulating team strengths otherwise it would be a free for all.

It wasn't for Brits only, riders with patriality were specifically allowed. In the past, when Commonwealth riders were allowed they went into the PL with a 5 point assessed average but those with patriality were still assessed as 3 pointers.

There was a 2-3 year period, nearly 10 years ago now where each team was allowed one Commonwealth rider on a five point NL average. That was stopped, so BWD shouldn't have been allowed in on a five point average, he's either a three point Brit or a New Zealander and not eligible as far as NL is concerned. That's in the past now anyway and it's happened, doesn't make it right though.

Edited by Ben91