British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
uk_martin

Speedway Is Too Good For This...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_in_sports

It's OK for Formula 1, it's OK for Major League Baseball, football, rowing international athletics and even Polish Handball...

...but bah humbug. Speedway doesn't need a listing on Wikipedia, does it? Aren't you glad that the FIM / BSI etc are above this kind of thing, and don't need to resort to cheap gimmickry to attract a younger web-savvy audience?

It's OK for Formula 1, it's OK for Major League Baseball, football, rowing international athletics and even Polish Handball...

...but bah humbug. Speedway doesn't need a listing on Wikipedia, does it? Aren't you glad that the FIM / BSI etc are above this kind of thing, and don't need to resort to cheap gimmickry to attract a younger web-savvy audience?

What does wikipedia have to do with the FIM/BSI. It is simply updated by joe public. Get yourself made a wikipedia contributor and do it yourself.

It isn't any sort of official site

Edited by Oldace
  • Like 1

Some really odd sports listed there, (cyclo-cross?) why not speedway.

Because someone with an interest in cyclo cross has listed it rather than go on a forum to moan it is not there

• Like 6

Because someone with an interest in cyclo cross has listed it rather than go on a forum to moan it is not there

I am not a registered contributor to Wikipedia or i would list it myself. Even though some content is a bit dubious, wikipedia is still a great resource, a library in your living room. Go on and list it ace.

I am not a registered contributor to Wikipedia or i would list it myself. Even though some content is a bit dubious, wikipedia is still a great resource, a library in your living room. Go on and list it ace.

Anyone can edit wikipedia - thats the whole point. I've updated a few things on there in the past.

Look under Motor Cycling on the Wikipedia site. Four Speedway GPs are there!

Anyone can edit wikipedia - thats the whole point. I've updated a few things on there in the past.

I wasn't aware of that, thought you had to register, verify source, etc. I might give it a try. Thanks.

Do you people complaining understand what Wikipedia is?

You can just add stuff yourself. In fact speedway is there now so presumably someone has.

You don't need to register. You can just press edit. I've done some myself. The list of World Championship top 3s? I did that. Maybe I should have just come here and complained that nobody else had done it.

• Like 1

I wasn't aware of that, thought you had to register, verify source, etc. I might give it a try. Thanks.

It's a bit of a PITA, but once you have grasped how it works it shouldn't take too long. Get the formatting right for the first GP and the rest should follow a lot easier.

Speedway is on the link you posted. Item 35.1

Speedway is on the link you posted. Item 35.1

Presumably someone from on here saw this thread and made the amendment.

We don't want UK Martin put to any trouble do we, far easier to just complain no one has done something that you could easily do yourself

• Like 2

That beats it all.....

someone moaning about those who are moaning about Wikipedia !!!!!

perhaps those moaning about Wikipedia just didn't know they could edit wikipedia, ........and instead of someone moaning about those moaning about Wikipedia, they could have just educated them in a kind way simply by saying that anyone can edit Wikipedia.

Now I am going to stop moaning too. :D

• Like 1

Trying to get a dig in then look absolutely ridiculous in the process....

• Like 2