British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

I couldn't have dugard riding in the main 1-5, I think he would score next to nothing

Agree with ruckeroo

Working from their last meeting at Coventry.

1. Hopwood 8.29

2. Andrews 5.2

3. Spiller 6.63

4. Wood 5.9

5. Owen 7.25

6. Brennan 3

7. Powell 3

Edited by jubileeclip

We still don't know if Brennan can ride so it's him/ Powell I would think. And let's not forget Mason now on a 6 something

Edited by Alex2000

Charlie Powell rode a couple of meetings for Birmingham this year and did well, but left, and the story was that Eastie were keeping him to less than three matches to keep his average at 3 for next year.

If BWD goes into the PL on an assessed 5 next year then other NL teams should be outraged that he was allowed in the NL this year. If he's not British he's not eligible. If he is racing as a Brit then he should be eligible for a PL spot on a 3 point average next year.

Not sour grapes at all btw, think he's a good rider but rules are rules and all that.

But Ben this is Speedway and British Speedway at that, the rules change on a whim and sometimes during a meeting it's bloody farcical.

Though I agree if BWD or any rider qualifies to ride in NL then that's it the decision is made you can't a few months later say he's ineligible.

The SCB and BSPA seem to have a problem, They have made a rule but it does not cover them either way, BWD has ridden in the Nl and should go into the PL on a 3, he is box office at 3 at 3 pointer and will bring the crowd in to see him ride, He had an ACU licence for 2 years, This is Why British speedway is going down hill because someone wont do anything for the good of the sport. BWD may never come back to race for anyone in the UK, again British speedway will shoot its self in the foot, British Speedway, Load, Fire, Aim. when it should be Load aim fire. LOL (just in case someone from the BSPA does not get that Joke).

Maybe he won't come back next year but if we go PL 2017 come back then! By then wood and whoever else we find will be ready to step up so BWD and Wood could make a decent lower order PL team in 2017? Nothing to say we will ever move up but I think a certain promoter might get bored staying in one place after a while?

Does seem unlikely he will get a place in the PL if made to go in on a 5 point average when every team will be signing riders around his ability on a 3.

Sadly there are always riders who fall through the cracks when rules are changed.

Does seem unlikely he will get a place in the PL if made to go in on a 5 point average when every team will be signing riders around his ability on a 3.

Sadly there are always riders who fall through the cracks when rules are changed.

AFAIK the rules haven't been changed but the powers that be would seem to be manipulating them as and when they wish.

I've never seen BWD ride except on YouTube and I have no affiliation with Eastbourne whatsoever

But if he is British enough to ride at NL level then he's British enough to go into the PL on a 3pt average.

• Like 1

AFAIK the rules haven't been changed but the powers that be would seem to be manipulating them as and when they wish.

I've never seen BWD ride except on YouTube and I have no affiliation with Eastbourne whatsoever

But if he is British enough to ride at NL level then he's British enough to go into the PL on a 3pt average.

https://youtu.be/jEwpEpp3fQs

His race with shanes earlier this season. Best meeting this season I have been to

Eastbourne

Bradley Wilson-Dean9.83

Ben Hopwood 8.00

Marc Owen7.25

Daniel Spiller6.63

George Wood5.90

Richard Andrews5.18

Kelsey Dugard4.49

Niall Strudwick3.00

Our final averages. Highest in the league by the looks overall. Quite some work to do now

Hopwood 8

Andrews 5.18

Wood 5.90

Chessell 5.88

Spiller 6.63

Spiller 3

Brennan or powell 3 depending on rules for tom

Sorted ?

Not necessarily it depends on if he was racing in the NL under partiality grounds or as a British Passport holder. If it is the former then yes he would be a 5.00 in the PL whilst the latter would be a 3.00 in the PL.

• Like 1

Not necessarily it depends on if he was racing in the NL under partiality grounds or as a British Passport holder. If it is the former then yes he would be a 5.00 in the PL whilst the latter would be a 3.00 in the PL.

The 3.00 and 5.00 pt rule applies in the NL, not the PL.

This is the rule as stated in SCB Regulations regarding riders new to the PL and their averages:

18.6 RIDERS MATCH AVERAGES (see SR 16.2 for Definitions) and GRADINGS

18.6.1 Riders new to Premier League racing are categorised as follows:

Cat 1: Riders with an “end of the previous season’s published average” in the Polish

Ekstraliga or the Swedish Elitserien of above 6.00 points and a Rider subject to a

Certificate of Sponsorship

Cat 2: Riders with an “end of the previous season’s published average” in the Polish

Ekstraliga or Swedish Elitserien of 6.00 and below plus ALL other Riders riding

currently in any Professional Speedway League,

Cat 3a: Riders not riding in a Professional Speedway League

Cat 3b: Commonwealth or USA (to a maximum of 4 each season) Riders new to British

Speedway

Cat 4: Riders who have ridden in the National Development League as an Amateur

18.6.2 The Assessed MA's for new Riders to the PL racing is:

Cat 1 8.00

Cat 2 7.00

Cat 3a 5.00

Cat 3b 7.00

Cat 4 3.00

Can you point me to a regulation that states that there is a difference between a rider with a British passport and a rider who has patriality ?

If not, Wilson-Dean's PL average is a 3.00.

Or is it the case that the BSPA are attempting to make things up and ignore their own rule book again. Shades of Len Silver's insistence that Daniel Spiller came in to the NL on a 5.00, despite the fact that he was a British passport holder and had not ridden in the NL.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1