British Speedway Forum

Be interesting to see what route we go down for the last 2 riders with 13.73 remaining.

Do we go for a 8 and 5 point rider or do we go more solid and go for a 6 and a 7. I'm sure we will find out a but more come Friday.

Be interesting to see what route we go down for the last 2 riders with 13.73 remaining.

Do we go for a 8 and 5 point rider or do we go more solid and go for a 6 and a 7. I'm sure we will find out a but more come Friday.

As said before you ahve got to find 2 riders who will score about 20 points a meeting which is what Cook and Sedgman would manage most weeks.

Riders are being snapped up and unless the management get it right this could be the season where you drop out the top 6.

Ipswich Glasgow Newcastle and Workington look 4 very strong teams so far

Cookie & Sedgy only averaged a tad over 18 last season.

The team finished about 5 points over the 42.5 limit.

So we've had to cut our starting total by that 5.

So cookie / Sedgy's average of 18+ less 5 gives the 13.7 or so which we have remaining.

Would have been nice to have done like for like replacements and stay at 47.5 but rules is rules and we always follow them.

The new team will be able to add sufficient points to their starting averages to make us the team to be feared as normal.

• Like 1

If it is the Fish would leave 6.21.

There will be a rabbit out of the hat as usual I suspect. Either a 3pt rider that is capable of far more or a 5pt rider in the mound of Riss.

As said before you ahve got to find 2 riders who will score about 20 points a meeting which is what Cook and Sedgman would manage most weeks.

Riders are being snapped up and unless the management get it right this could be the season where you drop out the top 6.

I would be very very surprised if we haven't got the final two signed up or at least In negotiations.

Edited by Mr Blobby

7 out the 13 teams declared their starting 7. Hopefully we will have another addition on Friday night.

Morris would miss a shed load of matches - maybe about 9?

Newcastle look solid as do Workington depending on who their last man is...

However, Ipswich and Glasgow don't look so strong...Glasgow are far too top heavy of which I'm struggling to see which one of them (possibly Worrall exempt) will increase their average... None of the other 3 look likely to give any sort of consistent back-up. I'd be surprised if this is the septet that finish the season...

Ipswich look about as interesting as an evening with Nicola Sturgeon... On paper they look ok, but it's not won on paper...

To me, the best team so far that's completed look to be Sheffield if they can steer clear of the dreaded injuries...

As for Edinburgh... last two seasons are always going to be hard to follow after losing our talisman and high scoring second string... However I trust the management to at least pull one surprise out of the last remaining places and we'll be there or thereabouts at the business end of the season.

How about adam ellis and a 9 pointer? Could THJ be tempted would he fit :P

Could THJ be our 3pointer - if we used his Armadale average???? :rofl:

Edited by Nutz
  • Like 1

However, Ipswich and Glasgow don't look so strong...Glasgow are far too top heavy of which I'm struggling to see which one of them (possibly Worrall exempt) will increase their average... None of the other 3 look likely to give any sort of consistent back-up. I'd be surprised if this is the septet that finish the season...

Ipswich look about as interesting as an evening with Nicola Sturgeon... On paper they look ok, but it's not won on paper...

To me, the best team so far that's completed look to be Sheffield if they can steer clear of the dreaded injuries...

As for Edinburgh... last two seasons are always going to be hard to follow after losing our talisman and high scoring second string... However I trust the management to at least pull one surprise out of the last remaining places and we'll be there or thereabouts at the business end of the season.

Ipswich and Glasgow have the strongest top 5 in the league followed by Newcastle not sure how you cant see that. But as you say leagues are not won on paper.

Did he do 4 meetings at home. :D:P

• Like 1