British Speedway Forum

I don't know this guy's position regarding a reduction??

Lewis Blackbird - listed as 6.16 which would, of course, be too much but reduction??

He shouldn't need a reduction.

Monarchs have 6.12 left at the moment, but Max Clegg should be due a 2.5% (I think it's 2.5 anyway) reduction on his average for the first 3 years out the NL, which I think will put him from 3.48 to below 3.44, enough to fit LB in should he decide to ride again and come to edinburgh.

Edited by MonarchsMitchy

That's that then, he's a 7. Move on.

Yeah i was surprised his name came up. Plus there are one or 2 better ones out there.

He shouldn't need a reduction.

Monarchs have 6.12 left at the moment, but Max Clegg should be due a 2.5% (I think it's 2.5 anyway) reduction on his average for the first 3 years out the NL, which I think will put him from 3.48 to below 3.44, enough to fit LB in should he decide to ride again and come to edinburgh.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/other-sport/speedway/2015/08/20/lewis-blackbird-announces-speedway-retirement/

Ah right ok....retired right enough....I didn't do a lot of research on this one just looked at the numbers.

Willie Lawson, even if he was by now a 3.00 (probably isn't quite that low) couldn't be the No 7, as he has enjoyed PL and EL averages well above the cut-off point for NL eligibility -- which I believe is the criteria for the bottom-end 3-pointer.

While a revitalised, returned-to-full-form Willie could certainly take over the other team spot and blow opponents out of the water, it would be a huge ask after being off the track for so long. The only rider I can think of who came back after a long time out and resumed top form was Lee Complin (who was much younger when he came back) all the others who have tried after five-year-plus gaps failed pretty miserably.

Willie will be 29 when the new season starts. A sad loss to Scottish speedway, he was British U-18 Champion, a three-time British Finalist and a World U-21 Finalist (alongside Woffinden, Holder, Sayfutdinov, Batchelor, Zengota and Vaculik -- he was that good) before he gave it away and retired at the age of 23.

When will we see his like again.......

• Like 6

Willie Lawson, even if he was by now a 3.00 (probably isn't quite that low) couldn't be the No 7, as he has enjoyed PL and EL averages well above the cut-off point for NL eligibility -- which I believe is the criteria for the bottom-end 3-pointer.

While a revitalised, returned-to-full-form Willie could certainly take over the other team spot and blow opponents out of the water, it would be a huge ask after being off the track for so long. The only rider I can think of who came back after a long time out and resumed top form was Lee Complin (who was much younger when he came back) all the others who have tried after five-year-plus gaps failed pretty miserably.

Willie will be 29 when the new season starts. A sad loss to Scottish speedway, he was British U-18 Champion, a three-time British Finalist and a World U-21 Finalist (alongside Woffinden, Holder, Sayfutdinov, Batchelor, Zengota and Vaculik -- he was that good) before he gave it away and retired at the age of 23.

When will we see his like again.......

Can't say it any better than that, was a real talent when he was at his best!

i seen Willie going around workington during an interval ( i think it was an interval ) his time on the solo laps were something special. a lost Scottish talent . glad i got a glimpse of his younger laps. .a real talent lost to our sport .fingers are only pointing in ONE DIRECTION (not bad singers ) for his retirement from the sport .

• Like 2

Willie lawson would be a risk but one worth taking...can't forget how to ride a bike the way he did. I was ecstatic when he signed for us in 2007

The only rider I can think of who came back after a long time out and resumed top form was Lee Complin (who was much younger when he came back) all the others who have tried after five-year-plus gaps failed pretty miserably.

Andrew Silver made a brief return in 2009 after a 12 year absence. May not have been a great success, but was hugely entertaining. Scored a maximum in one of his last meetings and held a mid 5 point average when injury cut short his season. He was in the Rockets side at Berwick when Lawson was riding for the Bandits Edited by Shads

I dont see the facination about Lawson for edinburgh, he's been out for a long time supposedly the new silencers and he comes with lotsa baggage.

• Like 1