British Speedway Forum

Correct!!

We don't like the rule....so we will try to bend it.

No complaints from the blue and gold.

John and Alec have our complete confidence, they have a tried and trusted method for team compilation

Correct!!

We don't like the rule....so we will try to bend it.

No complaints from the blue and gold.

John and Alec have our complete confidence, they have a tried and trusted method for team compilation

Should be manipulation. :o:cheers:

• Like 4

Would it not have been easier to insist that number 7 must be British and not put 3.00 cap on it.

There is no cap of 3.00. The 3.00 PL average for a 2016 PL No.7 is because the 2016 PL No. 7 has to be qualified to ride in the 2016 NL and NL riders come into the PL on a 3.00 average (apart from BWD who appears to have been re-classified as a 'new' non-British rider for 2016 and been given a 5.00 assessed average. His 2015 NL season appears to have been expunged for the sake of convenience.)

The 2015 Regulations state that: Riders who have ridden in the National Development League as an Amateur are ranked as Category 4 in the PL and that Cat. 4 riders attract a 3.00 assessed average. (No indication of when the 2016 Regulations will be available, but they need to be produced soon.)

As I have said before, IMO, I think the BSPA have messed up here and should have worded the requirement for the 2016 PL No. 7 as: 'British, has ridden in the NL and qualifies to ride in the NL in 2016' and not as 'British and qualifies to ride in the NL'.

The one thing I don't get is that the only NL riders willing to ride for Edinburgh are aparently asking for silly money. Surely Mitchell who ahs been

around, knows the going rate for riders etc etc won't be riding for buttons. After all he also now has a wife to support! is it a case of if we are having to pay silly money lets use Mitchell as he'll score more than those still left

The one thing I don't get is that the only NL riders willing to ride for Edinburgh are aparently asking for silly money. Surely Mitchell who ahs been

around, knows the going rate for riders etc etc won't be riding for buttons. After all he also now has a wife to support! is it a case of if we are having to pay silly money lets use Mitchell as he'll score more than those still left

Don't think Mitchell will be asking for a few grand to sign unlike some NL riders.

Would it not have been easier for Edinburgh to choose a British rider and not an Aussie in the first place. Just because they don't agree with a rule they are now sticking two fingers up to British speedway. If it was another team trying this the Edinburgh fans would be complaining like all the other teams fan are. If it was my team trying this I would not be happy.

We are struggling to fill teams as it is so we need to start protecting the Brits to get more into the Premier League and improve themselves as this rule was designed to do.

They didn't do it to stick 2 fingers up at anybody, that would be stupid. as with all other teams they are trying to build the best team possible within the constraints they have. Main constraints being the money they have and the average rules and limitations of the speedway system. They had to find the best british rider that qualified for the NL and was capable of performing in the PL. Now that is quite a small pool of riders and we will find out how small as the season goes along, competing for them with other teams who may already have them on their books or on their doorstep. The nature of the average rules also puts some riders in a great bargaining position when they haven't earned that right. I don't blame them completely for asking for a large sign on fee especially if they they cannot hold down a full time job as they would need every friday off to travel to scotland. Not to mention needing good equipment to perform at the higher level. However that doesn't mean edinburgh should pay it, especially if they have a perfectly good option already on their asset list.

Edited by scotchopper
  • Like 3

Don't think Mitchell will be asking for a few grand to sign unlike some NL riders.

Name & Shame Blobby

But being honest they are going to try and get the best deal for themselves as you would in any walk of life.

The irony is Mitch "Dud" Davey is nae that guid!

are you dyson in disguise ?

• Like 2

I think the difference is that Davey has previously ridden in the PL as an Aussie and it was seven or eight years ago that he first rode over here. Putting an age restriction on the scheme wouldn't be right IMO at it might exclude motocross lads who are coming into the sport late but have plenty to offer like Cook, Kerr, Rose, Worralls etc.

Of course, the current Regulations already include an NL age restriction clause, i.e. An ex PL rider declared in a NL team at the start of the season will be ineligible to remain in the NL should he join a PL team at any time, unless the PL rider is under 25 years old with a PL MA of 4.00 or below at the start of the season.

Name & Shame Blobby

But being honest they are going to try and get the best deal for themselves as you would in any walk of life.

I totally agree but for someone who hasn't raced in the league before and are being given a chance to prove themselves they're pushing their luck a bit asking for a decent amount of money up front before they even turn a wheel IMO

Edited by Mr Blobby

I totally agree but for someone who hasn't raced in the league before and are being given a chance to prove themselves they're pushing their luck a bit asking for a decent amount of money up front before they even turn a wheel IMO

Do you know how much they're being paid, or is it just hearsay?

Do you know how much they're being paid, or is it just hearsay?

maybe Edinburgh were not willing to part with Any money signing on fee as they new they would drop whoever it was and bring in Mitchell when he got his visa

Of course, the current Regulations already include an NL age restriction clause, i.e. An ex PL rider declared in a NL team at the start of the season will be ineligible to remain in the NL should he join a PL team at any time, unless the PL rider is under 25 years old with a PL MA of 4.00 or below at the start of the season.

Pretty sure that has been scrapped this year

Edited by mac101

The poster has no idea of what's been paid to NL riders, I'm sure Edinburgh will go back to one or two NL boys they have tried earlier if M Davey isn't issued his passport before there season starts.

• Like 1

I believe I read somewhere on this or another relevant thread that James Cockle was ineligible because of previous PL experience . So if Cockle ( who is actually British ) cant be considered why does anyone think Mitchell Davey can ?

• Like 1