British Speedway Forum

Feel 4 ya, my ar$e... this is the first change that Edinburgh have made based on form in nearly 3yrs...I'd say were one of the more tolerable promotions in the current era...

Workington have been known for team changing when riders have been scoring more points than what Jye has so be prepared for a visit from Carlisle Glass if you want to start hurling those pebbles...

shakin in ma boots . when was the last time workinton dropped a rider for not performing ?

jye is classed as a new rider in 2016. so is campton because he missed he 2015 season . good to see that good old english rider holub getting a number 7 spot .. where is davey when you need him ?. prob with ty proctor in oz .

hard luck jye , hope you find a team soon and just remember when you get back home tell everyone how the edinburgh management treat you . you came 1/2 way around the world to be shi7 on by a bunch of seagulls . feel 4 ya ..

They are only doing what they think is right for the Team.I would expect most Teams would do the same if the situation arises,sentiment does not come into it,they have a business to run.
  • Like 2

Is this the first time a team (in Brit) has had 3 Germans in team?

Dunno...but the other 4 better get their towels in the pits pretty sharpish :D

• Like 9

Is this the first time a team (in Brit) has had 3 Germans in team?

No. Not even the first time Edinburgh have. They have previously used Woelbert, Busch and Dilger in the same meeting.

As an assessed new rider. Has Etheridge ridden sufficient home and away meetings "yet", to be replaced.

As an assessed new rider. Has Etheridge ridden sufficient home and away meetings "yet", to be replaced.

yes the Newcastle match a week past Friday was his 8th meeting and 4th at home, which meant he got his official average on 3rd June. 2 days after the new averages come out where the rest of the team went up 2 points. If it wasn't for 2 rain offs Jye could have been replaced with a 7 point rider. cest la vie Good luck to Mark, welcome to the Monarchs and if he can pick up like his brother we are in for a treat.

It's a bonkers sport where a rain off can dictate changes in teams, just look at Peterborough timing is ........ everything.

Edinburgh are pretty loyal to their riders and do give them a decent chance, even though we have had very successful teams recently there have been 1 or 2 who could have been replaced, Aaron Fox in 2014 springs to mind. Jye is a lovely guy and as many have said he does have potential but the new rules makes it very difficult for him, he demonstrated in the NL challenge match we had that he is better than the average NL rider and maybe a shot at reserve would have been the catalyst to get him going. Even Max Fricke went to reserve for a month in his first season and just look at him now. I hope he does get another chance but if he is saddled with 5 point average it will be difficult. Whilst I am sad to see him go unfortunately I don't think the monarchs could do anything else, maybe if the reserves were performing better they could have stuck with him but with 3 guys struggling to score a change had to be made.

• Like 2

yes the Newcastle match a week past Friday was his 8th meeting and 4th at home, which meant he got his official average on 3rd June. 2 days after the new averages come out where the rest of the team went up 2 points. If it wasn't for 2 rain offs Jye could have been replaced with a 7 point rider. cest la vie Good luck to Mark, welcome to the Monarchs and if he can pick up like his brother we are in for a treat.

It's a bonkers sport where a rain off can dictate changes in teams, just look at Peterborough timing is ........ everything.

Edinburgh are pretty loyal to their riders and do give them a decent chance, even though we have had very successful teams recently there have been 1 or 2 who could have been replaced, Aaron Fox in 2014 springs to mind. Jye is a lovely guy and as many have said he does have potential but the new rules makes it very difficult for him, he demonstrated in the NL challenge match we had that he is better than the average NL rider and maybe a shot at reserve would have been the catalyst to get him going. Even Max Fricke went to reserve for a month in his first season and just look at him now. I hope he does get another chance but if he is saddled with 5 point average it will be difficult. Whilst I am sad to see him go unfortunately I don't think the monarchs could do anything else, maybe if the reserves were performing better they could have stuck with him but with 3 guys struggling to score a change had to be made.

We've seen it on numerous occasions at Glasgow , all the supposed great results in Australia and they cant cut it in the Premier League when they get here . Sometimes you just have to come to the conclusion that it just ain't happening . For every Darcy Ward and Chris Holder debuting in our Premier League , there are twice the amounts of Jayden O'Malleys , Michael Penfolds and Jye Etheridges

League Cup do not count towards average. You have had had 2 home League. Workington, Newcastle. Home KO Cup, Plymouth. Away, Workington, Ipswich, Rye House, League, Plymouth KO Cup. By my calculations only 3 official Home. The home League meeting with Redcar was postponed.

You're complaining about how speedway has been unfair to Edinburgh after the last 3 seasons? XD That's life my arse... I wish Newcastle were as successful as Edinburgh have been recently, just saying :P

Also Aaron Fox was a great rider for the weakest rider in the team, I remember how good he was guesting for Newcastle, I'd like to see him back in the UK, Why isn't he? Visa or just travelling and costs or did no one want him?

• Like 1

My apologies. League Cup count towards average. KO Cup don't. What an absolute shambles, this sport is in. And you wonder why attendances are dwindling.

• Like 1

My apologies. League Cup count towards average. KO Cup don't. What an absolute shambles, this sport is in. And you wonder why attendances are dwindling.

Correct but its difficult to see dwindling attendances while your head is buried in the sand.

You're complaining about how speedway has been unfair to Edinburgh after the last 3 seasons? XD That's life my arse... I wish Newcastle were as successful as Edinburgh have been recently, just saying :P

Also Aaron Fox was a great rider for the weakest rider in the team, I remember how good he was guesting for Newcastle, I'd like to see him back in the UK, Why isn't he? Visa or just travelling and costs or did no one want him?

I believe Aaron Fox just decided he wasn't ever going to be good enough! That's how I read it anyway.