British Speedway Forum

Is Ben Morley eligible for the 3.00 position? Would be a decent signing in terms of a NL rider IMO.

Signed for Rye House

But are you surprised probably get the apologist's on to tell us that the Play Off's were scheduled on the AGM week , when really there was no other date we could have staged it with Masters & Sedgemen leaving for the Aus GP.

Don't think it is anti-Monarch though just people deciding that this is the right thing to do even if it is wrong and the Leagues top two clubs are not even represented.

P*ss up & brewery spring to mind.

Bl**dy hell Gazc - I agree with pretty much all that!!

This is hard to believe but an article in Edinburgh Evening News Harkess saying he was not in favour of 3pt reserve rule ,and that Edinburgh and Glasgow were not represented at Agm due to Play off Final when it was decided .Branford leaving Edinburgh because of it.Surely if it was voted on ?

Mr Harkess represented Edinburgh at both days of the Conference, though he did have to rush back to Armadale to manage the Monarchs team in their Play Off Final against Glasgow.

Mr Harkess represented Edinburgh at both days of the Conference, though he did have to rush back to Armadale to manage the Monarchs team in their Play Off Final against Glasgow.

Not according to him.Still you know best!

Not according to him.Still you know best!

Whilst the Border Roofing Monarchs were clinching back to back league championships, The British Speedway Promoters Assocation AGM was taking place at Rugby. Alex Harkess represented the Club on both days at the weekend although it was a rush back to Armadale to manage the team on Saturday night.

Taken from here http://www.edinburghmonarchs.co/news/article.asp?id=2249

• Like 2

Whilst the Border Roofing Monarchs were clinching back to back league championships, The British Speedway Promoters Assocation AGM was taking place at Rugby. Alex Harkess represented the Club on both days at the weekend although it was a rush back to Armadale to manage the team on Saturday night.

Taken from here http://www.edinburghmonarchs.co/news/article.asp?id=2249

Now quote the Rob Branford article in EEN on here.Just so it it is not one sided.!!

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/speedway/monarchs-rue-rule-change-as-rob-branford-departs-1-3945092

You mean this one, though it does prove one thing, you cant always believe what you read.

Thanks,what he really is saying is I was not in attendance when the vote was taken.You would assume he told them his position on the matter before he left but was out voted in his absence .Dont think he had to say they were not represented at the meeting.

Thanks,what he really is saying is I was not in attendance when the vote was taken.You would assume he told them his position on the matter before he left but was out voted in his absence .Dont think he had to say they were not represented at the meeting.

I agree, IMO the three point reserve is a positive, I would've like to have seen both reserves being British, either by draft or average but I presume numbers and quality stopped that.

I agree, IMO the three point reserve is a positive, I would've like to have seen both reserves being British, either by draft or average but I presume numbers and quality stopped that.

Normally if you want your vote to count in your absence, you give someone that is at the meeting your proxy vote to vote on your behalf. Interesting that it was Edinburgh who came to the tapes last year with two 3 pointers at 6 and 7.

• Like 1

This 3pt man will be interesting if injuries kick in finding loopholes or guests.
  • Like 2

This 3pt man will be interesting if injuries kick in finding loopholes or guests.

I am sure the BSPA will have thought this through and will have conditions built in to the new rules, at a guess I presume if a 3pt drafted rider is injured he will be replaced by a guest 3pt rider from the NL.

• Like 1