British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2016

Does the past really matter if Nicholls rides the new Belle vue track well and is in form at the time of the World cup then put him in the team.If not put in the 4 riders who are on better form at the time.

Its all about G B doing the best they can in front of their home supporters.So pick the best 4 riders at the time and hope they can all give us fans something to cheer about and a great day at the speedway.

• Like 5

Strange,I thought the issue was over money and race suit sponsorship rider rather than opportunities and development of British riders,you're right I don't know Scott but I stick with my opinion that if Eurosport still had the rights to the World Cup then Scott Nicholls would not have made himself available for selection.

The straw that broke the camel's back was the refusal by the BSPA to allow British riders to compete in the SEC - the argument being how are British riders meant to get experience and develop on continental tracks when there is no chance for them unless they reach a certain level and get signed up in Poland etc. There was much more that led to that but I can assure you it was nothing to do with money or suit sponsorship, neither is the decision to return anything remotely to do with Eurosport.

I'm actually quite happy the more things descend into a Poole / Belle Vue slanging match. Big things happening, big season ahead and it starts in a few short weeks. Can't wait to see the stadium on the 30th - albeit only on tv

I'm torn, as personally i have a hatred for Sky and how they have hardly gave BV any credit over the years much like they did for Ipswich when they were in the Elite lge. It is almost like if things don't include Poole,Coventry and Wolves then they ain't interested. So no shock Sky move Poole fixture forward as they suddenly want to know us now as we get the stadium. I'd love it if the match v Poole was cancelled and stop Sky coming up here, as personally i wish we could ban them from ever coming North of the M6 and showing the Aces at the new home, however at the same time i don't want the club to be hit by a call off.

Poole will probably win the league however it's great to see a grand old team like Belle Vue set up home in the premier speedway venue in the UK, plus hosting World Cups etc ...

• Like 1

I'm torn, as personally i have a hatred for Sky and how they have hardly gave BV any credit over the years much like they did for Ipswich when they were in the Elite lge. It is almost like if things don't include Poole,Coventry and Wolves then they ain't interested. So no shock Sky move Poole fixture forward as they suddenly want to know us now as we get the stadium. I'd love it if the match v Poole was cancelled and stop Sky coming up here, as personally i wish we could ban them from ever coming North of the M6 and showing the Aces at the new home, however at the same time i don't want the club to be hit by a call off.

I know you cannot gurantee the weather up there but Why shouldn't Sky go to the new stadium ? On the same token, you cannot gurantee the weather anywhere nowadays..

I'm pretty sure that an Aces v pirates Sky meeting cannot be called off due to the weather until Poole "win". Just ask Tony Steele. Remember him?

• Like 1

denying Sky would be denying speedway fans who rely on Sky for one reason or another, ie no transport, poor mobility etc etc. the chance to see British speedways brand new home, and Poole are obviously the team likely to increase viewing figures (god that last line hurt :lol: )

There is no doubt that Sky have their favorites both team wise and in terms of individuals.

However , it is ridiculous to suggest that BelleVue or any other team should be anti Sky re Tv coverage.

Belle Vue as with other teams want to show off their goods and get the publicity.

I am confident the new staium and track will be a superb advertisement for our Sport.

• Like 1

The weathers as unpreditable as ever. People seem to be brainwashed into thinking we didn't have a temperate climate before global warming.

• Like 2

The weathers as unpreditable as ever. People seem to be brainwashed into thinking we didn't have a temperate climate before global warming.

Yes, we've always had an Atlantic temperate climate, chiefly governed by the Gulf Stream, helping us to avoid the massive freezes seen say in north America at latitudes far further south than ours.

What we were warned about was that the rise in AVERAGE temperatures would give us milder but far wetter winters with far greater extremes than before. At no time has it been said that the unpredictability of our weather would end.

I would suggest that has been borne out by the lower occurrence of snow but with the far higher incidence of flooding. As usual, it's not as simplistic as many would wish it was.

Sometimes it's better to stick to speedway.

On that subject, at least we have a wonderful new track to look forward to at Belle Vue. I can't wait to see it, weather permitting.

(Educated, not brainwashed.)

Edited by rmc

Manc does get wet mind you......though those of us further North share that fate.

Pity we don`t sell our greatest natural resource abroad ???

looking forward to seeing the Belle Vue Monarchs on Good friday.......

£25 on top of your £20 seat and nothing for vegetarians

PROBABLY not something people will avail themselves of every week but a nice treat now and then, special occasions perhaps, in pleasant surroundings and no doubt there will be a veggie option available.

Go to speedway to eat other than hotdogs n burgers!! Nah 😉