British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2016

I think the Belle Vue management need congratulating for getting so much right. Top stadium, Top Manager, Top Team?

At 31 December 2014, Belle Vue Speedway Ltd had a shareholder's deficit of £639,691, yet from from what I understand are one of the highest payers with their No. 1 allegedly on £3k per meeting. Whilst the information is not on file, I guess the principal creditor is the lone shareholder Mr Gordon, however he is not a shareholder of B V Arena Ltd, the company who I presume are involved in the development of the new stadium. This company has £500,000 issued share capital. I understand the local council have invested £5m+ in the sports village.

Can anyone with local knowledge confirm:

1. Cost of the new stadium.

2. Who is funding the development.

3. Who will own the new stadium.

4. Relationship between Council, B V Arenas & Belle Vue Speedway.

It is great there is a new stadium for speedway but I am intrigued as to the funding and the economic viability of the project when you look at the general financial state of speedway in the UK.

At 31 December 2014, Belle Vue Speedway Ltd had a shareholder's deficit of £639,691, yet from from what I understand are one of the highest payers with their No. 1 allegedly on £3k per meeting. Whilst the information is not on file, I guess the principal creditor is the lone shareholder Mr Gordon, however he is not a shareholder of B V Arena Ltd, the company who I presume are involved in the development of the new stadium. This company has £500,000 issued share capital. I understand the local council have invested £5m+ in the sports village.

It is great there is a new stadium for speedway but I am intrigued as to the funding and the economic viability of the project when you look at the general financial state of speedway in the UK.

Is Max Fricke a Belle Vue asset or is he still owned by Edinburgh?

I wondered when the doom and gloom brigade would be back.

Do you really think that Manchester City Council would spend a lot of time and money in the Belle Vue Sports village without being convinced that this is a viable project ?

Roll on the 19th March and the start of a new era in Belle Vue's rich and full history from 1928 on onwards to our 100th consecutive year of Speedway.

Edited by KIRKYLANE
  • Like 1

Sorry, no idea.

I wondered when the doom and gloom brigade would be back.

Do you really think that Manchester City Council would spend a lot of time and money in the Belle Vue Sports village without being convinced that this is a viable project ?

Roll on the 19th March and the start of a new era in Belle Vue's rich and full history from 1928 on onwards to our 100th consecutive year of Speedway.

No doom and gloom with regards the new stadium. I said:

1. It is great there is a new stadium.

2. I am intrigued as to funding and economic viability- my point being if it works in Manchester, maybe it can work elsewhere. i was merely looking for more information to get a better understanding of the project.

Yes, I referenced the general state of speedway in the UK but is that not a matter of fact, one or two clubs aside?

a very good post - I have one question how is 1500 speedway fans over 14 meetings going to keep this stadium afloat let alone make this stadium pay . Edited by Haza

Council is funding the development by borrowing the money and the interest on the loan will be covered by Belle Vue speedway's rental payments.

As a result I think it likely the rent will be high by current EL standards, but all the good vibes, PR and a decent team ought to see sufficient increase in crowds to cover the expense.

At least that is the theory

Edited by arnieg

Without going back to find it I can tell you that all of the releant information has been published. Rest assured that a professionally prepared business plan was prepared and submitted to the City Council, very high profile financial backers are in place and income from the stadium will not just be from speedway meetings but many other activities.

• Like 1

Without going back to find it I can tell you that all of the releant information has been published. Rest assured that a professionally prepared business plan was prepared and submitted to the City Council, very high profile financial backers are in place and income from the stadium will not just be from speedway meetings but many other activities.

Well that is good as there is no way the rent from the speedway would pay the interest.

Council is funding the development by borrowing the money and the interest on the loan will be covered by Belle Vue speedway's rental payments.

As a result I think it likely the rent will be high by current EL standards, but all the good vibes, PR and a decent team ought to see sufficient increase in crowds to cover the expense.

At least that is the theory

then is the rent from Belle Vue speedway payable 52 weeks of the year ? as the interest will be added 52 weeks of the year . This coming season has to be a success as a poor season could see this being a short lived move for the Aces , Maybe crowds will increase but they have to if not the club will be in major trouble .As I said earlier 14 league meetings The Peter Craven meeting and the two World Cup meetings are all that are certain to take place , just can't see how it all adds up if rent is payable year round - 1500 fans isn't no good yes you will get a full house for the first meeting but it's keeping those fans coming week after week . I'm not doom and gloom I really hope the new stadium is a massive success and its a boost the Aces need .

As nothing has been announced its assumed Edinburgh.

There will be 30 odd meetings at Belle Vue this year from NL to SWC. In addition BV Arena will look to utilise the stadium for other corporate events some with no connection to speedway.

The loan of around 6 million is to be paid back over the next 60 years.

Very much looking forward to visiting Manchester next year. Manchester, Glasgow, Newcastle.... the North is rising once again :drink:

And just like the Starks they will fail.

Matt Ford always pays his depts.

• Like 1

And just like the Starks they will fail.

Matt Ford always pays his depts.

He owes a debt to British Speedway that he can never pay back.