British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2016

Boxall nicholls and fricke all return to complete team

More than pleased with that, Cook,Fricke and both Worralls all likely to improve their averages and Boxall likely to score more than Nielsen.

I accept that Boxall is going to have to prove his reliability but other good choices are available if he doesn't stay the course.

Let's hope now that those sides that may be struggling to build competitive teams are able to do so. It is not good for the sport for any teams in an 8 team league to be significantly below the standard of the rest.

Edited by Aces51

Once we lost Stefan to Swindon then it was a difficult choice to find a replacement.

Provided Steve Boxall is on suitable equipment for EL , he will do a good job at 7

Really pleased with our 1 - 7 for 2016.

Edited by KIRKYLANE

Boxall is a better rider than Stef. Swindon have done you a favour! Stef has never been anything more than a PL reserve (doubt hes ever had a meeting in the 1-5) while Boxall even in a bad year is a PL second string who averages just shy of 6.

The point was someone asked a polite question, all he got back in response was some arsey response that didn't help. Made those making a response look childish. As you say, it has clearly been looked into, it has clearly been handled so someone, somewhere should be able to answer. You on the other hand chose to get defensive. That has been the case from the start with this project, some people have got very defensive about something they really have had no need to do.

my reply was never meant to sound anything but truthful, as for defensive again my reply was nothing of the sort it was merely an obvious reply to yet even more negative posts about Belle Vue's new stadium, it's here, the home work will of been done, now all we need are more promoters with ambition and backing to take British speedway forward.

• Like 2

Very pleased with that team. Considering we couldn't keep the same side due to points limits and the dodgy draft we have essentially replaced two PL riders who averaged 13.24 with two that averaged 12.99.

Only a slight change to a, cheating aside, play off winning team.

Looks like another good season ahead for the aces.

• Like 1

Of the few teams that have completed their line-up, This one from Belle Vue has to start out as one of the strongest. Well done to the promoters for retaining most of last years riders, something that has been missing in recent years . Fans like nothing more than a continuation of riders, to relate with.

Obviously Lady luck will play her part, but barring any unforeseen problems, Belle Vue should be there or thereabouts.....

Edited by GRW123
  • Like 4

Boxall is a better rider than Stef. Swindon have done you a favour! Stef has never been anything more than a PL reserve (doubt hes ever had a meeting in the 1-5) while Boxall even in a bad year is a PL second string who averages just shy of 6.

Read one or two comments on the Rye House thread.

While Boxall has certainly got a better record in terms of points scoring than Nielsen, at least Belle Vue will know that Nielsen will turn up to every meeting and still be riding for the club at the end of May.

That makes Nielsen a better signing.

Very impressed with Boxall during his all-too-short spell at Lakeside before he was injured. Quite a gutsy rider from what I saw, and although he has an unfortunate reputation for reliability ( or lack of it ) he seems to have matured quite a lot a deserves this chance.

Read one or two comments on the Rye House thread.

While Boxall has certainly got a better record in terms of points scoring than Nielsen, at least Belle Vue will know that Nielsen will turn up to every meeting and still be riding for the club at the end of May.

That makes Nielsen a better signing.

That is a strange logic to apply given we haven't turned a wheel yet. I think Steve deserves an opportunity first?

I don't think there is an argument in terms of ability. Stefan appears to have reached his level. There PL scores tell the story.

That is a strange logic to apply given we haven't turned a wheel yet. I think Steve deserves an opportunity first?

I don't think there is an argument in terms of ability. Stefan appears to have reached his level. There PL scores tell the story.

He's had them. That's where he gets his reputation for unreliability and unprofessionalism from.

Its all very well having better scores, but they are worth nothing if the rider isn't there.

As I said, read the comments on the Rye House thread - after all, that's the last club Boxall rode for.

• Like 1

Boxall certainly does have question marks over his reliability but as things stand it looks as if there are still some decent alternatives we could use if the need arises. Let's hope it isn't necessary.

As for Stefan, I think many Aces fans wanted him back and were sorry to see him go. He was a popular member of the team who progressed during his time with us and I think will still progress further, given the right help and guidance.

Team looks very solid. Personally think it's the strongest completed line up so far