British Speedway Forum

Think NP is only sore with Monster Joe cos his fracas with Greg in Sweden reportedly cost him a very lucrative sponsorship with Monster!

What, you mean the fracas where Hancock attacked Pedersen and was rightly banned. As for your claims on a lost sponsorship, I have seen no evidence to back up your claim.

What, you mean the fracas where Hancock attacked Pedersen and was rightly banned. As for your claims on a lost sponsorship, I have seen no evidence to back up your claim.

That's because he made it up.

That's because he made it up.

Don't ya just dislike him more and more!

Don't ya just dislike him more and more!

I don't know fixer2 so its hard to dislike him because he made something up

Does maybe anybody have copy of this interview with NP. saying about Monster?
Can't find it.

Does maybe anybody have copy of this interview with NP. saying about Monster?

Can't find it.

THIS was in Speedway Star ...

SIMMERING discontent behind the scenes at Speedway Grand Prix events has come to the boil with the news that a potential sponsor of the series has pulled out because of the perceived behaviour of another.

Nicki Pedersen’s major sponsors, Moldow, have scrapped their plans to increase their involvement in the light of what they perceive to be the unfair attitude of Monster Energy’s Joe Parsons and their branded riders towards the Danish triple World Champion.

One of Denmark’s leading newspapers, Ekstra Bladet, last week carried a story claiming that while Pedersen accepts having enemies amongst his rivals, it is inappropriate for Parsons, who is responsible for the energy drink’s sponsorship of the SGP and SWC, to “take part in the war against him.”

Parsons, a larger than life American who is omnipresent at World Championship events alongside Tai Woffinden, Greg Hancock and Chris Holder – and, of course, previously Darcy Ward – is also accused in the Ekstra Bladet report of being in the paddock and cheering on local wild card Sam Masters when he had an altercation with Pedersen and his Polish mechanic in Melbourne during the Australian SGP which brought the curtain down on the 2015 series.

According to Ekstra Bladet sources, Moldow chose to pull the plug on negotiations with BSI and sent a letter to the SGP owners at IMG in which they justified their decision by saying that they did not wish to support the series as they felt there was an unfair smear campaign against Nicki from various camps.

Pedersen admits that “he has difficulty understanding the behaviour of the Monster Energy boss.”

He added: “I have great respect for Parsons. He is the title sponsor of the SGP and the SWC and I have great respect for the way he runs his marketing.

“But I have no respect for him when he behaves like a fan, jumping, dancing, screaming and shouting and saying nasty things to people when they are riding.

“It is unpleasant and it looks ugly. And I can feel around me that fans and others are disgusted and sick and tired of it.”

It was also suggested that Masters escaped punishment for the fracas at the Eithad but the FIM have confirmed that he was actually suspended for 20 days along with a fine.

Torben Olsen, Managing Director of BSI Speedway, responded to the newspaper report with the following statement:

“I met with Preben Hansen from Moldow and we had a good chat. He is very complimentary of the series and has been a sponsor of Nicki for many years and obviously I respect his decision.

“However, there is absolutely no hostility towards Nicki from our side at all. We are not biased towards the Monster Energy riders.

“Nicki has been and still is a much valued rider in the SGP. He is one of, if not the most, professional guys on and off the track.

“He is a great racer and a three times World Champion. He is a brand and understands how to promote himself and the sport even though sometimes it is as the bad guy.

“He also understands how to look after his fans and sponsors but also the sport as a whole. He is box office and helps us keep and increase our audiences.”

Pedersen’s altercations with his fellow riders, and not just at SGP events, have been well-chronicled over the years and it was at a Swedish league match last year that Hancock lost his cool and assaulted the Dane after an on-track incident.

But the tough as teak Pedersen will always claim that he never deliberately goes out to cause any harm and that as often as not he is on the receiving end.

• Like 1

I note there was no defence or even understanding of Parsons in Torben Olsen's remarks. I assume that the journalistic integrity of the Speedway Star would have included them had he made any.

Reading between the lines that implies to me that Olsen doesn't exactly approve of Parsons actions but doesn't say so cos Monster stick a load of dosh in to SGP and SWC,

Edited by Star Lady

“However, there is absolutely no hostility towards Nicki from our side at all. We are not biased towards the Monster Energy riders.

I don't say that they are but as long as the championship title sponsor also sponsors a few selected competitors in said series, they can never escape suspicions of bias.

Especially not when those selected riders and said sponsors seems to have an ongoing "campaign" to "discredit" Nicki, who just happens to be the main rival to those riders.

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 4

THIS was in Speedway Star ...

SIMMERING discontent behind the scenes at Speedway Grand Prix events has come to the boil with the news that a potential sponsor of the series has pulled out because of the perceived behaviour of another.

Nicki Pedersen’s major sponsors, Moldow, have scrapped their plans to increase their involvement in the light of what they perceive to be the unfair attitude of Monster Energy’s Joe Parsons and their branded riders towards the Danish triple World Champion.

One of Denmark’s leading newspapers, Ekstra Bladet, last week carried a story claiming that while Pedersen accepts having enemies amongst his rivals, it is inappropriate for Parsons, who is responsible for the energy drink’s sponsorship of the SGP and SWC, to “take part in the war against him.”

Parsons, a larger than life American who is omnipresent at World Championship events alongside Tai Woffinden, Greg Hancock and Chris Holder – and, of course, previously Darcy Ward – is also accused in the Ekstra Bladet report of being in the paddock and cheering on local wild card Sam Masters when he had an altercation with Pedersen and his Polish mechanic in Melbourne during the Australian SGP which brought the curtain down on the 2015 series.

According to Ekstra Bladet sources, Moldow chose to pull the plug on negotiations with BSI and sent a letter to the SGP owners at IMG in which they justified their decision by saying that they did not wish to support the series as they felt there was an unfair smear campaign against Nicki from various camps.

Pedersen admits that “he has difficulty understanding the behaviour of the Monster Energy boss.”

He added: “I have great respect for Parsons. He is the title sponsor of the SGP and the SWC and I have great respect for the way he runs his marketing.

“But I have no respect for him when he behaves like a fan, jumping, dancing, screaming and shouting and saying nasty things to people when they are riding.

“It is unpleasant and it looks ugly. And I can feel around me that fans and others are disgusted and sick and tired of it.”

It was also suggested that Masters escaped punishment for the fracas at the Eithad but the FIM have confirmed that he was actually suspended for 20 days along with a fine.

Torben Olsen, Managing Director of BSI Speedway, responded to the newspaper report with the following statement:

“I met with Preben Hansen from Moldow and we had a good chat. He is very complimentary of the series and has been a sponsor of Nicki for many years and obviously I respect his decision.

“Nicki has been and still is a much valued rider in the SGP. He is one of, if not the most, professional guys on and off the track.

“He is a great racer and a three times World Champion. He is a brand and understands how to promote himself and the sport even though sometimes it is as the bad guy.

“He also understands how to look after his fans and sponsors but also the sport as a whole. He is box office and helps us keep and increase our audiences.”

Pedersen’s altercations with his fellow riders, and not just at SGP events, have been well-chronicled over the years and it was at a Swedish league match last year that Hancock lost his cool and assaulted the Dane after an on-track incident.

But the tough as teak Pedersen will always claim that he never deliberately goes out to cause any harm and that as often as not he is on the receiving end.

Has Joe Parson's had chance to reply. What are his views please.

I note there was no defence or even understanding of Parsons in Torben Olsen's remarks. I assume that the journalistic integrity of the Speedway Star would have included them had he made any.

Reading between the lines that implies to me that Olsen doesn't exactly approve of Parsons actions but doesn't say so cos Monster stick a load of dosh in to SGP and SWC,

WE invited Joe Parsons to reply but had no answer.

I'm sure messrs Pearson and Tatum will raise the issue at their Poole talk-in when Parsons is due to be a guest.

• Like 1

Thanks for that PR. I had my opinion before reading all this, my view has just been reinforced. Some folk can have all the money and so called friends in the world but you cannot buy class :wink:

• Like 1

I'm sure messrs Pearson and Tatum will raise the issue at their Poole talk-in when Parsons is due to be a guest.

Thank you.

Haven't laughed on the BSF so much seeing this quote, NP made his career on dirty riding intimitating riders & flopping off to get reruns when he missed the gate and berating refs over the years if they didn't fall it. Now NP has been sussed they won't stand for it & he's dead in the water now. I agree with you NP wont get a fair call now, but karmas a bitch when she goes into payback mode.

You condone the way Hancock attacked Nicki on and off the track then? The Aussies in that final GP seemed to be Team Aussie v Nicki, the Aussie ride hard (too hard sometimes) yet Nicki is not allowed to.

Karma is irrelevant, there is something of a bullying culture against Nicki and I firmly blame HanCOCK for creating it with his cowardly flying assault on track and pathetic off track website statements.

Read the Speedway Star headline today, "I'm not dirty ...... anymore"