British Speedway Forum
uk_martin

Poultec Speedway Training Course

TBF, regarding the sports web presence, uk martin is generally pretty spot on.

I actually agree to a certain extent...uk martin often has a valid point....but generally manages to cloud it over with his constant sniping, derogatory comments and the pushing of an agenda going back to a fallen Birmingham promotion.

• Like 1

Has anyone heard any more about it in recent weeks / months?

I was hoping to hear by now about who was going on it...existing junior riders or complete newcomers. I tried to find out by going onto the BSPA site and clicking on the link, only to find that the target page is no longer there.

That's just BSPA ineptitude for you. The links on their web site leads you into dead ends. So no surprise there right?

Further searching on the Poultec site shows that they are still offering a course, just on other pages of their site that the BSPA haven't kept up with.

So, does anyone know if these courses have started, who's been on them, and what the feedback has been?

The target page has been sorted now you will be pleased to know

TBF, regarding the sports web presence, uk martin is generally pretty spot on.

But not in this case. He is just a perennial moaner and smart erse.

Edited by Tsunami

The list of things they train you in is in a very strange order -

Number one - Media Studies/Communications

Second to last - Track days

!

• Like 1

The list of things they train you in is in a very strange order -

Number one - Media Studies/Communications

Second to last - Track days

!

And having spoken with some of the lads that have taken part in the modules, this is exactly the correct order and has made them far better individuals and more able to understand that these days you cannot just jump on a bike and do it, you need sponsors and a strong back up and a good accounts and social media knowledge and if the scheme produces such well rounded and thoroughly decent individuals as Danyon Hume and some of the other emerging exciting British talent, well I for one will back the poultec scheme and Olly Allen to the hilt.

• Like 6

Sounds good to me having media studies/communication top of the list and I can think of a number of riders who should have attended this course. :lol: It's not all about being able to ride a bike. I'm glad Danyon is held in your high esteem. I've never met him and no wish to but he is my favourite rider this year since seeing him at Coventry. Love his style of riding. My second favourite I'm lucky enough to be watching tonight ~ James Shanes. :approve:

• Like 4

You've picked two crackers there Gem. Lucky enough to have spoken with both and they are both so enthusiastic, grounded and pleasant.

If yiu haven't already, ask James for his autograph. It is a work of art :-)

• Like 2

Can anyone give a progress report about this scheme please?

Who has "graduated" through the course and making a success of themselves in league racing?

Who is starting out who we can hope to see next year?

Can anyone give a progress report about this scheme please?

Who has "graduated" through the course and making a success of themselves in league racing?

Danyon Hume comes to mind.

Top performers that immediately spring to mind are Jack Thomas, James Shanes, Connor Mountain & the previously mentioned Danyon Hume. These riders all certainly could have "made it" on their own however the training & backing of the Poultec academy must have helped accelerate the process and long may it continue.

• Like 1

Top performers that immediately spring to mind are Jack Thomas, James Shanes, Connor Mountain & the previously mentioned Danyon Hume. These riders all certainly could have "made it" on their own however the training & backing of the Poultec academy must have helped accelerate the process and long may it continue.

So, will this be the kind of thing that will be offered at the National Speedway Academy when it opens?

Or is that going to be a different kind of thing altogether?

So, will this be the kind of thing that will be offered at the National Speedway Academy when it opens?

Or is that going to be a different kind of thing altogether?

Given the current record where the words National Speedway...... are used as prefix i suspect it will be beautifully presented but end in a right balls up!

Given the current record where the words National Speedway...... are used as prefix i suspect it will be beautifully presented but end in a right balls up!

Oh, ye of little faith!

A decent start then. What would be good is to have a BSF Honours Board or something (remember those from school? lol) where all the riders who graduated can be added to a permanent thread, and their names remembered for the efforts that they put in. Each year, new names can be added.

• Like 1