British Speedway Forum
uk_martin

Poultec Speedway Training Course

Has anyone heard any more about it in recent weeks / months?

I was hoping to hear by now about who was going on it...existing junior riders or complete newcomers. I tried to find out by going onto the BSPA site and clicking on the link, only to find that the target page is no longer there.

That's just BSPA ineptitude for you. The links on their web site leads you into dead ends. So no surprise there right?

Further searching on the Poultec site shows that they are still offering a course, just on other pages of their site that the BSPA haven't kept up with.

So, does anyone know if these courses have started, who's been on them, and what the feedback has been?

I was hoping to hear by now about who was going on it...existing junior riders or complete newcomers. I tried to find out by going onto the BSPA site and clicking on the link, only to find that the target page is no longer there.

That's just BSPA ineptitude for you. The links on their web site leads you into dead ends. So no surprise there right?

Further searching on the Poultec site shows that they are still offering a course, just on other pages of their site that the BSPA haven't kept up with.

So, does anyone know if these courses have started, who's been on them, and what the feedback has been?

Well I've never heard of these Courses.

If you go to Poultecs FB page and scroll down to Oct 14 there are some pics on there of a speedway training day. Most of the participants look to be pretty young but then they all do to me nowadays :P

If you go to Poultecs FB page and scroll down to Oct 14 there are some pics on there of a speedway training day. Most of the participants look to be pretty young but then they all do to me nowadays :P

Quite agree. Once again uK martin jumps in with both feet and misses the target.

How wrong you are Barncooseboy, afaik it is a very, very successful training provider.

And yes the course is happening, we have had write ups and pics in our local paper

How wrong you are Barncooseboy, afaik it is a very, very successful training provider.

And yes the course is happening, we have had write ups and pics in our local paper

Any chance of a Link please Trees? As I say - I have never heard of them.

Quite agree. Once again uK martin jumps in with both feet and misses the target.

And once again instead of addressing an issue you have nothing better to do than to berate a poster. Well done. You can be proud of yourself for that. I'm sure your mates will be thinking what a big man you are now.

Carry on. I'm more interested in what's happening in the development of the next generation of talent. I didn't know that there was a FB page for these courses. As the BSPA site shows and as The White Knight will testify publicity has been less than brilliant.

Glad to see that things have begun. Will have a look at FB page and see what's happening.

Edited by uk martin
  • Like 1

Any chance of a Link please Trees? As I say - I have never heard of them.

www.poultec.co.uk

And once again instead of addressing an issue you have nothing better to do than to berate a poster. Well done. You can be proud of yourself for that. I'm sure your mates will be thinking what a big man you are now.

Carry on. I'm more interested in what's happening in the development of the next generation of talent. I didn't know that there was a FB page for these courses. As the BSPA site shows and as The White Knight will testify publicity has been less than brilliant.

Glad to see that things have begun. Will have a look at FB page and see what's happening.

Get over yourself. Once again you try to talk down a situation that you didn't know about, but as shown by Trees, it is there if you seriously want to know about it. Why not try harder, or come on here and ask a question seriously, instead of your usual denigrating approach. Smacks at being a bit of a smart erse. Look up the facts first.

• Like 2

www.poultec.co.uk

Thank you Trees. :t::approve::)

Surely it must be the task of Poultec to keep the BSPA informed?

Surely it must be the task of Poultec to keep the BSPA informed?

Actually no. It's the responsibility of the BSPA, or even AP Media on behalf of the BSPA to ensure that there are no "broken links" on their web site. They can run checks to look for dead-end links and they have the sole capability to fix them. Web addresses change all the time. Where I work we get reports on a monthly basis of links that are identified as "broken" than need looking into and possibly fixing.

As for the Facebook page (do they also have YouTube, Flickr, Instagram and Twitter presences as well?) I'm not at all surprised that these do not get publicised more and are flying below many people's radar, in view of the anti-social-media stance that the BSPA adopt in order to comply with their contractual obligations with GoSpeed International as sole speedway media/multimedia copyright holders. I bet Terry Russell must be jumping up and down at not being able to capitalise personally from what Poultec are doing.

Actually no. It's the responsibility of the BSPA, or even AP Media on behalf of the BSPA to ensure that there are no "broken links" on their web site. They can run checks to look for dead-end links and they have the sole capability to fix them. Web addresses change all the time. Where I work we get reports on a monthly basis of links that are identified as "broken" than need looking into and possibly fixing.

As for the Facebook page (do they also have YouTube, Flickr, Instagram and Twitter presences as well?) I'm not at all surprised that these do not get publicised more and are flying below many people's radar, in view of the anti-social-media stance that the BSPA adopt in order to comply with their contractual obligations with GoSpeed International as sole speedway media/multimedia copyright holders. I bet Terry Russell must be jumping up and down at not being able to capitalise personally from what Poultec are doing.

Never takes much for you to go off on a rant at BSPA/Go Speed/Sky/Whoever may take your fancy. Stinks of the ramblings of a bitter old man.

I've seen plenty on the start up of the Poultec apprenticeships, been well documented on BSPA site, Speedway Star etc. Instead of embracing a positive you will always prefer to find fault.

• Like 2

Never takes much for you to go off on a rant at BSPA/Go Speed/Sky/Whoever may take your fancy. Stinks of the ramblings of a bitter old man.

I've seen plenty on the start up of the Poultec apprenticeships, been well documented on BSPA site, Speedway Star etc. Instead of embracing a positive you will always prefer to find fault.

TBF, regarding the sports web presence, uk martin is generally pretty spot on.