British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Crazy robin

Why Is There So Much Secrecy About The Reserve Picks?.

Great. Let's just hope he finds an electrician that can change a fuse in less than three days so he doesn't have to cancel any more meetings in dodgy circumstances himself. Nothing like setting a good example.

Also, never let the facts get in the way of a good story. Makes a wonderful opportunity for comment like the above.....

Yep 100% fair comment. Even with my Pirate tinted glasses on I can't explain that. Didn't poole protect Kyle anyway as their own asset? If this is the case then and then still got 1st or 2nd pick of tier 2 then yes, poole have done well out of these picks. But credit should go to Ford for being aware of the situation as he usually is.

The idea of the 'Draft system' was first introduced as a leveller, where the lowest place team gets first choice, giving them the opportunity to straighten their side. The strongest team always gets the last pick.

But the BSPA take on this, is to allow the top team to have first choice........ You couldn't make it up....... Surely even the die-hard fans of Poole can see this is totally wrong......

Probably not............ ;)

Also, never let the facts get in the way of a good story. Makes a wonderful opportunity for comment like the above.....

The idea of the 'Draft system' was first introduced as a leveller, where the lowest place team gets first choice, giving them the opportunity to straighten their side. The strongest team always gets the last pick.

But the BSPA take on this, is to allow the top team to have first choice........ You couldn't make it up....... Surely even the die-hard fans of Poole can see this is totally wrong......

Probably not............ ;)

The draft has been unfair since its inception and KL benefitted massively in the first year with Lewis and Lewis, last year it was Poole and Coventry and this year it looks like Wolves, Leicester and Poole (thus far). The while thing was ill-conceived and poorly executed - like everything the BSPA come up with!

• Like 1

The draft has been unfair since its inception and KL benefitted massively in the first year with Lewis and Lewis, last year it was Poole and Coventry and this year it looks like Wolves, Leicester and Poole (thus far). The while thing was ill-conceived and poorly executed - like everything the BSPA come up with!

And Poole have benefitted from it every time

there's so much secretcy cuz they've fudged it again, if it was open and transparent us fans would realise how they make things up , just to appease a certain club

lets see what promoter drafted these rules

lets see what promoter voted for and against said rules

lets see who buster chapman defeated to be bspa chairman

lets see who voted for and against mr chapman....

• Like 1

If that is the case then why are the other promoters allowing him to do this? Surely it is something that has to be agreed. I refuse to believe that if Ford says he wants something then the other promoters have to he just accept it.

I think over the years we have seen " a you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" mentality regarding certain promotions. We obviously don't know what horse trading is done, but there are clearly some promoters who work closely together. I'm sure the Poole asset list gives them a fair amount of leverage.

• Like 7

FTDR is a nonsense now! Kyle Howarth who was riding in the 1 - 5 last season is now a reserve at Wolves. I always thought it was a money saving thing but surely now they must be getting better pay for Kyle to ride at reserve. It almost seems as tho' speedway goes out of it's way to put fans off. I am seriously considering whether they will see my money next season.

there's so much secretcy cuz they've fudged it again, if it was open and transparent us fans would realise how they make things up , just to appease a certain club

You won't even see these under the 30 year rule. Even governments are more open than the BSPA!

• Like 2

Can anyone give me a reason why all of a sudden the BSPA decided to use Prem league averages to work out a riders position on the draft list instead of the system they have used for the last 2 years.The only changes were Garrity and Birks.There would have been no arguments with Howarth taking over the top spot vacated by Garrity and Sargent being in top spot in tier 2 on the last green sheet moving up to replace Birks.So i can see no reason why they had to change.Looking at the last green sheet the riders positions on that list would have given a much fairer 1st draft pick.So i can see no valid reason why they had to change it.

Second question if they used the riders prem averages why was Sargent moved up to tier 1 when Starke who stayed in tier 2 had a 1 point higher average in the Prem league none of it makes much sence to me.

So its ok for other teams to protect their assets ie King's Lynn to protect Kerr as an asset every season and not ok for Poole to protect Newman as a Poole asset in the draft is that what you are saying...............

I think you will find that Neil Vatcher is the one behind sorting out the draft (or at least he was last year) so you cannot blame Poole for that..........

I doubt we will ever know who else was in the running for it now get off Poole and Matt Ford's case because all teams agree the draft rules and they are not geared to favour one team.......

For the record as Kyle Howarth has held a main team place for goodness knows how long why is he now allowed to be a draft reserve........

And the averages used are converted PL averages............

RP

Can anyone give me a reason why all of a sudden the BSPA decided to use Prem league averages to work out a riders position on the draft list instead of the system they have used for the last 2 years.The only changes were Garrity and Birks.There would have been no arguments with Howarth taking over the top spot vacated by Garrity and Sargent being in top spot in tier 2 on the last green sheet moving up to replace Birks.So i can see no reason why they had to change.Looking at the last green sheet the riders positions on that list would have given a much fairer 1st draft pick.So i can see no valid reason why they had to change it.

Second question if they used the riders prem averages why was Sargent moved up to tier 1 when Starke who stayed in tier 2 had a 1 point higher average in the Prem league none of it makes much sence to me.

I don't know but as a shot in the dark would the fact their EL averages could be deemed unrealistic as half their programmed rides were against other reserves.

I don't even know if that makes sense to be honest but I'll throw it out there.

And Poole have benefitted from it every time

Kindly explain how Poole benefitted in 2014?? Newman (protected as a Poole asset) plus a succession of - no disrespect - no-hopers?!

• Like 1

More stench than Billingsgate Market! :rolleyes:

Edited by Steve0

I don't know but as a shot in the dark would the fact their EL averages could be deemed unrealistic as half their programmed rides were against other reserves.

I don't even know if that makes sense to be honest but I'll throw it out there.

I agree the use of their Elite league averages would seem unrealistic.

I dont even know how they have worked out their draft list positions for the last 2 years but looking at the last green sheet list it seems to give a more realistic account of their Elite league performances than their Prem league average does.

So its ok for other teams to protect their assets ie King's Lynn to protect Kerr as an asset every season and not ok for Poole to protect Newman as a Poole asset in the draft is that what you are saying...............

I think you will find that Neil Vatcher is the one behind sorting out the draft (or at least he was last year) so you cannot blame Poole for that..........

I doubt we will ever know who else was in the running for it now get off Poole and Matt Ford's case because all teams agree the draft rules and they are not geared to favour one team.......

For the record as Kyle Howarth has held a main team place for goodness knows how long why is he now allowed to be a draft reserve........

And the averages used are converted PL averages............

RP

Nobody has argued I think with Poole protecting Kyle as far as I know but just the fact that both the last 2 seasons he was lower in the list than his performances deserve.

This made sure Poole got a better 2nd pick in 2015 & will do again in 2016.

Kyle Howarth is one of the youngest reserves in 2016 so why not help him in his career like they do in Poland.

I agree the use of their Elite league averages would seem unrealistic.

I dont even know how they have worked out their draft list positions for the last 2 years but looking at the last green sheet list it seems to give a more realistic account of their Elite league performances than their Prem league average does.

It would have been easy to only use the rides they had excluding the reserves races & work their average from their.

James Sargent is the strange one in tier one where he averaged less than Paul Starke in the Premier League, so that is really hard to work out.

Anyway I'm sure as soon as the heatleaders & 2nd string lists are announced it will give us something else to laugh about.

Nobody has argued I think with Poole protecting Kyle as far as I know but just the fact that both the last 2 seasons he was lower in the list than his performances deserve.

This made sure Poole got a better 2nd pick in 2015 & will do again in 2016.

Kyle Howarth is one of the youngest reserves in 2016 so why not help him in his career like they do in Poland.

It would have been easy to only use the rides they had excluding the reserves races & work their average from their.

James Sargent is the strange one in tier one where he averaged less than Paul Starke in the Premier League, so that is really hard to work out.

Anyway I'm sure as soon as the heatleaders & 2nd string lists are announced it will give us something else to laugh about.

At the time in 2015 we did not know much about Paul Starke at all.........it turned out he was a great pick but it did not start out like that

Kyle Howarth may be one of the youngest reserves I have no issue with that but why is he in the draft now when he has been in the main team of several teams over the last few years.........and done reasonably well as well..............

RP

u

RP

Here we go again. Once more you use supposition instead of fact. You "think" Neil Vatcher did the draft this year so therefore we can't blame Poole for it. Have you got a link to say who actually did the draft ( if indeed there even was one ) or if this another one of your thoughts that turn into facts in your mind ?