British Speedway Forum
Fromafar

Page 23 Ss This Week

SORRY no ... kids may not do dvd but lots of the older generation, at which this publication is obviously aimed, do.

I WOULD be interested to know why ...

happy to explain...I must say, ss is an excellent product from start to finish, from style, pictures, features, price. I used to have it weekly without fail, along with speedway express and speedway mail. In my "older" years, I not purchased it for a while, but I happen to spot it on the shelf in local news shop..Having read it, I was disappointed. I see HA say it was a good edition, and as always, peoples views differ. For me, pages 12-23 should be at home in Backtrack. 11 pages I had no interest in.

I also not interested in foreign leagues. that said, I did enjoy the rest. loved buster story, liked

opening pages with up to date news, wet tyres etc. shame theres not more up to the minute news. Aussie Gp feature was good too. I don't see the point of Cardiff back page, as only people that purchase ss are already converted, and if going to Cardiff, would/should be well aware of it. As im going to Belle vue world cup, I wouldn't need SS to book tickets. whilst im at it, would like a competition feature, or

even (example) pictures of pits area"s and guess the tracks they belong too..But im sure many on this thread love the ss, and long may it reign..

happy to explain...I must say, ss is an excellent product from start to finish, from style, pictures, features, price. I used to have it weekly without fail, along with speedway express and speedway mail. In my "older" years, I not purchased it for a while, but I happen to spot it on the shelf in local news shop..Having read it, I was disappointed. I see HA say it was a good edition, and as always, peoples views differ. For me, pages 12-23 should be at home in Backtrack. 11 pages I had no interest in.

I also not interested in foreign leagues. that said, I did enjoy the rest. loved buster story, liked

opening pages with up to date news, wet tyres etc. shame theres not more up to the minute news. Aussie Gp feature was good too. I don't see the point of Cardiff back page, as only people that purchase ss are already converted, and if going to Cardiff, would/should be well aware of it. As im going to Belle vue world cup, I wouldn't need SS to book tickets. whilst im at it, would like a competition feature, or

even (example) pictures of pits area"s and guess the tracks they belong too..But im sure many on this thread love the ss, and long may it reign..

............................... and a Team's Photograph on the outside back cover. :t::approve: :approve:

• Like 1

THANKS for your explanation

Indeed, but why would the 'kids' of today not be interested in reading about and watching 1970s World Final on an iPad? I don't even own a DVD player anymore, having ripped my DVDs onto online media years ago.

I was being slightly flippant, but it's a reason why the sport remains in the dark ages.

We'd love to be able to provide our content online, alas British Speedway only allows us to sell meetings on DVD.

IN the Speedway Star "election special" the out going chairman said there was not much wrong with the state of British Speedway yet the new chairman said many changes need implementing.

I feel i must apologise to the out going chairman for my negativity..........